Sponsored

Aero for Drag Racing and Occasional Track Day!

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 22 GT Premium 10r80 that is my daily, I have already done a ton of suspension work: steeda springs, shocks, struts, camber plates, irs alignment and brace and now looking to improve aero. This is my daily and not a one trick pony, I enjoy about 4-6 visits to the drag strip and usually one scca track night a year. The current set up just has the PP1 splitter, skirts and diffuser but no spoiler. Looking for a little bit more downforce in front to keep less air under the car and possibly some in the rear to keep the back planted over 100 mph (looking for balance between the two) without adding to much weight or drag. My budget is under $1000, all feedback welcome from those with experience. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I mean the only thing I can think of is trying to adopt a PP2 type front splitter or an APR splitter to the car and something like the GT350/GT500/Mach 1 swing in the rear with the bolt on wickerbill. I think you could do that for under $1,000 and should offer an enhancement over your GT Premium configuration.

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
I mean the only thing I can think of is trying to adopt a PP2 type front splitter or an APR splitter to the car and something like the GT350/GT500/Mach 1 swing in the rear with the bolt on wickerbill. I think you could do that for under $1,000 and should offer an enhancement over your GT Premium configuration.
That is kind of what I had in mind, I already researched the APR adjustable splitter with rod supports, just not 100% sure about the rear wing as I want to keep it somewhat low and extend a couple inches past the deck lid, trying to keep it balanced as possible, but there is so little info out there on splitter/wing (spoiler) downforce matching. Thanks for your response!

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That is kind of what I had in mind, I already researched the APR adjustable splitter with rod supports, just not 100% sure about the rear wing as I want to keep it somewhat low and extend a couple inches past the deck lid, trying to keep it balanced as possible, but there is so little info out there on splitter/wing (spoiler) downforce matching. Thanks for your response!
..and you likely won't find anything that's not from the factory or considerably more expensive and not a dual roll type solution. The SWING is probably the best combo as you can remove the gurney flap on the strip and you could crank down the front spliiter angle of attack to 0 degrees for drag strip low/drag duty if not removing it entirely.

Mach1Kid96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Mach 1 700A w/ HP

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If you're serious about aero, then I'd heavily consider looking into Verus Engineering's offerings for the GT350. While not 100% tailored to the GT, their aero parts can be fitted to a GT with some modifications. I will eventually buy some aero parts from them for my Mach 1 as well.

Also 777 Performance has a new chassis mounted splitter that looks interesting too.
Verus does make some great equipment. I run some of their stuff on my car, but not at all within the OP's $1,000 budget sadly.

The 777 unit looks unique. Would be interested to see it on the car and more details about their mounting solution. The splitter diffusers look great on the car, but curious how they'd work on the GT500 they list as being compatibly given the GT500 already has diffuser tunnels in the factory splitter. When designing mine we discovered that the stock diffuser tunnels were wider than most classes allowed, but we were able to utilize them as they're a stock component.

OP
OP
GrayMater22

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
If you're serious about aero, then I'd heavily consider looking into Verus Engineering's offerings for the GT350. While not 100% tailored to the GT, their aero parts can be fitted to a GT with some modifications. I will eventually buy some aero parts from them for my Mach 1 as well.

Also 777 Performance has a new chassis mounted splitter that looks interesting too.
Thank you for your response, I have researched their packages, but APR is more in line with my budget for my needs.
Sponsored