Sponsored

Advice required - Redoing entire car protection - Ceramic, PPF or BOTH?

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
DLUX is one that I HAVE heard of! But not one they use at this shop. The google ratings are good so let's see how it all turns out LOL
Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I had PPF put on the front 1/3rd, headlights, mirrors, door cups for my former '18 SHO. My 300 mile '22 GT goes tomorrow for a similar installment.

I'd like a similar install on the Mustang. The folks that did my last PPF no longer do this....now they only want to do window tint. I did find a very local guy (within walking distance) who's tackling the Mustang project. I'm sorry to say that he told me the brand of film he's using, but I don't recall. My Mustang won't see highway use until this is done.

Back on topic. The reasons I didn't go with a full front section was two fold. Yes, I understand the protection. First, the 5.0 emblems are either trimmed around with the film....or removed and replaced on top of the film. My other reason is from past experience. When the film gets a "nick" in it...this looks like a little flap or tag. Lower on the bumper...I can live with it. In the center of the hood? Not so much. I'd rather do a minor touch up, that for me is the lesser of two evils.

At 32,000 miles, the SHO had a few little nicks in the film but that was about it. I will add that a retread came off a truck on the turnpike and I could not avoid hitting it. It tagged a headlight, fender and bumper. Looked like I had been at Talledega with black streaks. We wiped the streaks off and replaced the three pieces of film. There was no other damage.

I should add that I do my own ceramic coating, using Duragloss Enviroshield. I've put this on all our vehicles. I've always been pleased with Duragloss products.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Boy howdy! You guys weren't kidding.

CDN Dollar quote. Both are guaranteed for 5 years with yearly maintenance on the ceramic.

1656365999658.png
Thats about what my package in S Florida was. Two Step paint correction, XPEL on front clip, mirrors and A Posts, IGL Ceramic on entire car, wheels and glass treated, $3700 out the door.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
DLUX is one that I HAVE heard of! But not one they use at this shop. The google ratings are good so let's see how it all turns out LOL
Yes, that’s the right way to think. I‘ve always said you buy the detailer, not the product. If you trust the detailer to do a good job then trust his choice of products.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Subject Matter Expert is Subject Matter Expert. You pay them for their knowledge as well as their products. Totally agree.

We will see. I just dropped her off at the body shop this morning for the hood and spoiler install.

Thursday is getting my springs and strut bearings replaced.

Monday/Tuesday is PPF and Ceramic and from Thursday to Monday is crossing my fingers and hoping nothing happens while driving LOL

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Subject Matter Expert is Subject Matter Expert. You pay them for their knowledge as well as their products. Totally agree.
I wish more people would think like that.

I have customers who question the price of product and/or the service without knowing the full story as to why the price is the price. I'm a horticulturist by day, a massive amount of knowledge has to be gained over many years, a customer has to pay for that in the end.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
When I had mine done it was $4600 for the PPF and $400 for the ceramic coating on the whole car, both Xpel. Just a question. When you say five year guarantee, thats from the shop? Xpel gives you a ten year warranty on their PPF.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
When I had mine done it was $4600 for the PPF and $400 for the ceramic coating on the whole car, both Xpel. Just a question. When you say five year guarantee, thats from the shop? Xpel gives you a ten year warranty on their PPF.
Yes. From the shop.
Sponsored