Sponsored

Advice/Opinions on Lowering an Ecoboost

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So I've done all the searching I can on here and google and would like some opinions. I have a 2016 Ecoboost Pony Pack. I am looking for a setup to lower my car primarily but also maintain or improve factory handling. I hope to autocross/road track the car some day but that day is not soon as I don't have time so right now this is just a daily driver. As such I don't want it tooooo low. I was looking at the high end of things doing the ford performance track (or street) handling package and at the low end either Eibach sport lines or the steeda progressives. I will have to have a shop do the install as I don't have the time, tools, or self confidence.

My main question is: should I be concerned about just putting the lowering springs on my non-PP shocks/struts. I keeps seeing conflicting information where the manufacturers say that they don't recommend with OEM equipment but then here in the forums I see reports of people not having any issues

My second questions is: how much time should I expect a shop to quote me at for a full handling package vs springs? I was talking to the accessories guy last time I had my oil changed at the dealer and he said they had just charged someone 4 hours to do springs so that is the only reference I have. I am just trying to get a feel here so I can be better informed and know if I'm getting ripped off.

My last question is: Is it worth it to go with the full handling package if I'm not going to be tracking the car much?

I also think I'd like the look of a bit of rake, unfortunately the CJPP kit only seems to do that with a GT. This is not a requirement by any means.

As a side note I would really love to have an airbag setup but from what I have seen it looks like that would run ~$5k, with install, at the least. I can't fathom putting 1/5 the price of my car into just an extra fancy suspension upgrade that I am assuming has less long term reliability than conventional systems. If anyone has any comments regarding air-ride or knows of anyone looking for an air-ride Ecoboost test mule please feel free to chime in also. :cheers:

Thanks in advanced for any help.
Sponsored