Sponsored

Adjustable height Oem style rear "coilover" options using hyperco?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Ok so I'm researching on a set of c/o's I want. However they maintain the Oem rear spring location, which is fine. The problem is the spring rate they offer is far too low. If I go with their coilovers, I will probably just forgo their rear spring option and just use their damper.

I saw Sock had a hyperco setup when he ran his MCS', I would like to use those springs with a height adjuster so they match the front and for ease of spring choice. I just don't know where to look to find a setup like this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
On my Ecoboost I used the traditional coilover replacement from Feal on the front and then used their adjustable rear shock. At the time I used Steeda rear linear springs.

I think BMR has some high rate rear springs that would work.

Any coilover that utilizes the rear spring bucket is a joke. That thing is a pain in the ass to adjust.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Ok so I'm researching on a set of c/o's I want. However they maintain the Oem rear spring location, which is fine. The problem is the spring rate they offer is far too low. If I go with their coilovers, I will probably just forgo their rear spring option and just use their damper.

I saw Sock had a hyperco setup when he ran his MCS', I would like to use those springs with a height adjuster so they match the front and for ease of spring choice. I just don't know where to look to find a setup like this?
Ridetech coilovers come factory with hyperco springs and u can order them with any spring rate you want

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Ridetech coilovers come factory with hyperco springs and u can order them with any spring rate you want
^This. I think they're in 25lb increments. Pick what you like plus the rear mount is improved.

OP
OP
DivineStrike

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the help, I understand what ridetech offers but they don't have the compression adjustability that I want. I may settle for the single adjustablesin the end but first I want to price out my number one option. I would also prefer not to drill into my car. If I am somehow unhappy if I get the other coilovers I will get the ridetechs for sure.

Right now I am looking for something with adjustable height in the Oem spring location that I can get with hyperco springs. I think ground controls adjustable kit fits this requirement if I can order the rear separately.

Anyone know of any other options besides Ground Control?

Sponsored

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Any idea on "ideal" spring rates?

You should check out Fortune Auto. They are offered with Swift, Hyperco, and their own springs. I'm looking at both those and the ground control set.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Any idea on "ideal" spring rates?

You should check out Fortune Auto. They are offered with Swift, Hyperco, and their own springs. I'm looking at both those and the ground control set.
Using 300lb front and 400lb rear right now. Car feels great if you're just doing some spirited driving. If you're competitively tracking or doing cones I would certainly go a bit higher.

OP
OP
DivineStrike

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was wanting to do 400/500 (at least the equivalent of of what 500 would be in the stock spring location)

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I was wanting to do 400/500 (at least the equivalent of of what 500 would be in the stock spring location)
I'm sure Hypercoil can accommodate that. Just make sure you've got the suspension brains (dampers) to match. I went with the mismatched combo before anyone had coilovers for the 550 (lowering springs with stock PP dampers). Not a pleasant driving experience.
Sponsored