Sponsored

Adding Power Subwoofer to Convertible

kcrooks01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible EcoBoost Premium
Hello all, I'm adding a powered subwoofer to my 2017 Convertible. It's the JBL Stage 800BA and will be installed in the passenger rear corner. Since the rear speakers aren't located the same as a coupe, where would be the best place to tap the factory speaker wires? I don't want to remove the radio. Could I tap them in the kick panels or further back? My car has the 9 speaker Shaker system without the factory subwoofer. Appreciate the input!
Sponsored

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Shadow Black
Hello all, I'm adding a powered subwoofer to my 2017 Convertible. It's the JBL Stage 800BA and will be installed in the passenger rear corner. Since the rear speakers aren't located the same as a coupe, where would be the best place to tap the factory speaker wires? I don't want to remove the radio. Could I tap them in the kick panels or further back? My car has the 9 speaker Shaker system without the factory subwoofer. Appreciate the input!
You can catch the wires underneath the rear seat. I soldered into the rear terminals and ran the wires underneath the trim panels.