Adding memory seat?

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
So I have a 2018 Ecoboost Premium with 201A and black appearance package. I would really like to add the memory seat function if that is possible. Does anyone know if it is possible? If it is what is involved? Thanks

Don
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I suppose this has not been done yet. If anyone ever does do this mod please post up how it is done. Thanks

Don

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
So you already have premium seats (cooled/heated?) but they don't have memory? I think it is doable. I enabled heated/cooled seats in my car after swapping base to premium seats. Wasn't interested in memory though (also to keep it simple), but it was totally doable.
Generally, every module in the car needs hot/ground and communication lines (for example Medium Speed CAN+/CAN- which you can feed from different connectors. These two wires are usually twisted together in most harnesses). My advise is to find the wiring diagrams and go from there. It will explain everything. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
See that's the thing. I am a damn good mechanic when it comes to repairs. They are pretty straight forward. But something like this my brain can't compute. I can't look at wiring diagrams and figure it out. Wish I could but no go. I am really hoping someone has done this already and can share what parts are needed and how it is done.

Don

OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
So on a whim I searched eBay for a memory switch. Found a door handle with the lock buttons and memory switch for very cheap. Paid about $26. When it arrives I will remove the door panel and see if the plug will fit. If it does I will plug it in, cross my fingers, and hope it will work. But I know it won't be that easy. Hoping Ford uses a universal harness instead of car specific ones. We shall see

Don

Sponsored

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
So on a whim I searched eBay for a memory switch. Found a door handle with the lock buttons and memory switch for very cheap. Paid about $26. When it arrives I will remove the door panel and see if the plug will fit. If it does I will plug it in, cross my fingers, and hope it will work. But I know it won't be that easy. Hoping Ford uses a universal harness instead of car specific ones. We shall see

Don
I hate to disappoint you but the wiring for memory seats is different than non memory seats. There is a memory module that sits under the driver seat, check if you have it? If yes, then you can probably just run the wiring between the different modules. I attached the high-level power diagrams and detailed diagram (including the data lines).
The main difference is non-memory cars, power (hot/ground) flows directly to the seat power switch. For memory cars, it flows to the seat memory module, and the module feeds the wiring to each seat motor.
Memory cars also has a driver door module you will need to buy if not already there.
The PDF attachment is more detailed.
Non-Memory Drivers Side Wiring Diagram.JPG
Premium Seat - Control Switch.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
Aaaaand? Adding memory module and proper wiring will do the trick?

m4t3y

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matej
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1

Don
Hello Don,
did you get to the bottom of it and made it work? or was the re-wiring needed just too much work?

in a similar position and would be very interested to add this to my new car (400A GT Premium with cooled/heated seats but no seat memory)

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:

Deep4k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deep
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost premium
Anyone end up actually doing it and making it work? Want to do the same for my premium car… have a donor car with memory seats/mirrors and blind spot system… there’s already a write up on the blind spot system addition just need some help figuring out how to add memory if possible. Would prefer not to replace the whole body harness if possible… if that’s the only way I’ll end up not doing it honestly

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th Anniversary & 50 LE
It's definitively doable without replacing the door harness. You will need a DDM (preferably a used one so you don't get the PMI error), a new door lock with the three memory buttons, the appropriate door trim piece to accommodate the bigger door lock with the memory buttons and add the needed wires. Not complicated at all.

Big plug that disappears under the rug
C340Color
1​
VIO/RED+VDC (30A fuse 12 BJB) (electric seat and memory module - DSM) 14 AWG pin is on connector edge)
2*​
BLU/RED+VDC (7.5A fuse 2 BCM) (memory module) I used yellow 16 AWG
3​
GRN/BLUseat belt sensor
4​
YEL/VIOseat position sensor
5*​
GRY/ORGMS CAN + (for memory module - DSM) 20 AWG. I used blue(could add wire to OBDII connector (DLC or gateway module pin 23 (GRY). Also C210 pin 17 both GRYC210 is a 20-pin black connector by driver side kick panel
6*​
VIO/ORGMS CAN - (for memory module - DSM) 20 AWG. I used white(could add wire to OBDII connector (DLC or gateway module pin 22 (VIO). Also C210 pin 18 both VIOC210 is a 20-pin black connector by driver side kick panel
7​
BLKseat belt and seat position sensor return
8​
BLK or BLK/GRYground (electric seat and memory module - DSM) 14 AWG (pin is on connector edge)
9​
on connector edge)
10​
11*​
BLKground for memory module - DSM) ? AWG. I used 16 AWG black
12​
GRN/BLUlower side airbag feed
13​
GRY/YELlower side airbag return
14​
BRN/BLUupper (curtain) side airbag feed
15​
BLU/GRNupper (curtain) side airbag return
16​
on connector edge)
*Add

Last edited:

Sponsored

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C210 is a 20-pin black connector by driver side kick panel
1709700259082.png

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After adding the wires to C340, connect them according to the wiring diagram posted by
NC GTier a few posts above

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that the driver door lock button wires 1, 2 and 4 will need to be reorder (pin 3 remains the same)
from this:
1709701520374.png

to this:
1709701534677.png
Sponsored

Last edited: