Sponsored

Active Exhaust isn't loud enough, any mods?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. H-pipe is all anyone needs.
Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have been wondering, besides being able to change the loudness of the exhaust via valve control on the active exhaust, does it differ compared to the non-active exhaust in any other way?

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I honestly have no idea how so many love Corsa. Unless you spend all your time at WOT doing drive bys I think they are the worst sounding POS on the market. Why have a car that sounds like junk 90+% of the time?
That's so weird.
I have Xtremes on my car and get nothing but compliments. Not to mention, I absolutely love it. At all times.
Weird.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I honestly have no idea how so many love Corsa. Unless you spend all your time at WOT doing drive bys I think they are the worst sounding POS on the market. Why have a car that sounds like junk 90+% of the time?
well that’s like your opinion man. I think they sound great at part throttle, it’s actually my favorite part. The factory like highway characteristics are top notch.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto

Headers and extreme corsa, I'm not a fan of the sound until the car is up to temp, but after that it sounds good. Windows down, echoing off of buildings, barely on the throttle, shifting at 4000 to 5000 rpms, it's great. Maybe on an auto car, where the rpms are always low, I can kinda see that.

Sponsored

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Did an h pipe resonator delete on my active exhaust today and I'm completely happy. Really deep sounding a very loud in normal and track mode.
Which h pipe did you go with?
I have the active exhaust and undecided between which pipe to get H or X

OP
OP

Grifftech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Put a Steeda X pipe on this past weekend and it really screams, literally screams when you are on the throttle :)

It almost has an exotic sound to it, I definitely like it!

Hoping to find someone like Borla, Roush or Corsa who does an Axle Back for the Active Exhaust. I miss the pop and crackle when getting off the throttle

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
H-pipe is all you need. H-pipe and resonator delete. That's what I have on my 2018 and in Track mode, any louder and it would be too much. My opinion.
This^

Just replace the "suitcase" with a H-pipe, or a slip on something like a dynomax resonator/muffler in it's place.

The X-pipes creates rasp/resonance allowing wavelengths to harmonize. The H-pipe allows for gases and pressure to normalize and pulse, but without resonating internally and rasping at certain frequencies.

Actually a dual H-pipe would be ideal. With different diameter/shaped cross-over pipes. But I've seen none engineered yet.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Put a Steeda X pipe on this past weekend...

I miss the pop and crackle when getting off the throttle
Those effects have to be tuned into the ECU now, if that is what you are looking for, it has nothing to do with the exhaust. To you it may seem so, because X-pipes accentuate & harmonize certain frequencies.

What most don't get, others can hear those notes, but as a driver You don't hear them in the car. So that is why many get X-pipe, because they can't hear their exhaust, because of Doppler effect, with certain freq muted from driver. So they get X-pipe for the emotional tug.

H pipe is frequency neutral, it doesn't harmonize frequencies.
Sponsored