Sponsored

Accessport for the Euro Ecoboost

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Do the Ecoboosts really only give around 8-9L/100 on the highway...?

Wow.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I do want that sand castle though :D
Just wait till you do an E30 tune :D I expect Adam is doing pretty good business and will be around for a while, so go ahead and get the AP now and spread the cost hit by getting the lifetime tune when ready.
Do the Ecoboosts really only give around 8-9L/100 on the highway...?

Wow.
Yep I easily do low 8's at 130 kph with the cruise-control on, though honestly the boost is so addictive and So many BMWs try to race me on the Autobahn (And I always go for it unless the wife is in the car!) I tend to get 12-14.
When I do trips outside of Germany and can only go 120 I've seen 7.5. It's amazing to flll up after driving in Austria/Switzerland for a whole tank and see 700+kms on the distance to empty display.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Yep I easily do low 8's at 130 kph with the cruise-control on, though honestly the boost is so addictive and So many BMWs try to race me on the Autobahn (And I always go for it unless the wife is in the car!) I tend to get 12-14.
When I do trips outside of Germany and can only go 120 I've seen 7.5. It's amazing to flll up after driving in Austria/Switzerland for a whole tank and see 700+kms on the distance to empty display.
Im shocked at how bad that is.... my GT will do 9-10L/100 at 120-130kph on the highway.

Around the city, thats a different story. The difference is far smaller than I would have imagined :eyebulge:

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
looking at my "financial" options for this too... guess I would need the extra auto tune from Adam too though... so altogether quite pricey... :-/
It surely is pricey... But for the accesport, shipping, taxes, and eventually a single adam tune; It cost me about 670€.
With a local tuner it will cost me 890€ to tune my car.
So its 220€ cheaper, and you get the benefits you don't have from a local tuner.

All in all a good deal. :)

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Im shocked at how bad that is.... my GT will do 9-10L/100 at 120-130kph on the highway.

Around the city, thats a different story. The difference is far smaller than I would have imagined :eyebulge:
Yeah true... It's the only thing I could complain off, as they say combined average of 8l/100.
I'm at almost 7000km and NEVER have been under 10l/100. (Now average at 7000km = 12,8l/100

I know it has to do with how you drive though, and hey, I rather have some more fuel cost and lots of fun, than economy and drive like a granny. :cheers:

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
My average on the WHOLE car lifetime (about 13k km) is 11.0 km\l (that's 9,09 l\100 km), but it's calculated on every tipe of driving (more city, then freeway and less highway).

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I can't seem to avoid pushing the pedal hard no matter how... hard I try :)

I've taken to driving with the fuel economy display in the centre gauge to keep an eye on my driving :)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Quick question for the EURO stock tune, does the Cobb Accesport make a backup of the stock tune or does it just stay's in the cars memory when going back to stock & removing the Cobb tune or Tune+?

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
The accessport saves a copy of the original ECU file, so you can go back to stock at any time you want. That's why the first flash will take much longer than any flash after that, cause it needs to copy the stock tune.

I do think a Ford dealer will be able to see the times it's been flashed though. So let's all say we flashed the anti-theft-map a few times, in stead of saying it's been tuned? :ninja:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The accessport saves a copy of the original ECU file, so you can go back to stock at any time you want. That's why the first flash will take much longer than any flash after that, cause it needs to copy the stock tune.

I do think a Ford dealer will be able to see the times it's been flashed though. So let's all say we flashed the anti-theft-map a few times, in stead of saying it's been tuned? :ninja:
Thx for the info, I don't think my dealer will be bothered about it as they suggested a tune several times already. They prefer to stick to the ford performance tunes or roush.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
anti-theft-map flash? please tell me more :)

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
There's a map ou can flash if you have to park the car for langer time or so. Basically cant start the car then without your Accessport. So unless a thief has your keys and Accessport, they will have to brake in, open the hood, disconnect the battery for like 10min to reset everything before attempting to start it. All that while the alarm is going off cause they had to brake into it first.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Last question about the Cobb, does Sport+ and Track work as normal with this tune or even better?

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Even better! You still can chose between normal, sport+, track and wet/snow. And they are all tuned but wet/snow for obvious safety reasons.