AC defaults to recirculate

Wolfen1176

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 base ecoboost coupe
I just bought my 2019 base ecoboost a few weeks ago moving up from an 02 GT and I find that every time I start the car the AC automatically comes on in recirculate mode and stays that way unless I shut it off. Is this normal? Is there any way to change it so I will only switch to recirculate if I hit the button? Other than the wimpy horn which I see has already been addressed in other threads this is my only real complaint with the car.
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I just bought my 2019 base ecoboost a few weeks ago moving up from an 02 GT and I find that every time I start the car the AC automatically comes on in recirculate mode and stays that way unless I shut it off. Is this normal? Is there any way to change it so I will only switch to recirculate if I hit the button? Other than the wimpy horn which I see has already been addressed in other threads this is my only real complaint with the car.
Turn off the a.c.,it shouldntnbcome on every time you startb
The car.theres a auto button you can,hit to turn it off.read your manual it'll tell you how to adjust heating and cooling

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I dont have auto climate control its a base model.
Check psgesb112 thru 115. Recirc comes on when a.c. button is pushed.so the issue is why is a.c. coming on auto matically from manual it should only come on if you push button,unless you have automatically pushed.manual doesn't make distinction between base and gt models as to AUTO so it seems all,models have AUTO.WONDER if somehow your car is recalling last configuration.ie a.c. on.next time you stop driving turn your a.c. off and see what happens.

OP
OP

Wolfen1176

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 base ecoboost coupe
If the AC is off and I turn it on or leave the AC on when I shut the car off then recirc comes on with it. I have to manually shut recirc off.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
From page 110 for manual controls.

Recirculated Air

Press to switch between outside air and recirculated air. The air currently in the passenger compartment recirculates. This may reduce the time needed to cool the interior (when used with A/C) and reduce unwanted odors from entering your vehicle.

Note: Recirculated air may turn off (or prevent you from switching on) in all air flow modes except MAX A/C to reduce the risk of fogging. Recirculation may also turn on and off in various air distribution control combinations during hot weather in order to improve cooling efficiency.

OP
OP

Wolfen1176

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 base ecoboost coupe
Yes I read the same thing. Is there any way to stop it from doing that? I hate recirculate air.

OP
OP

Wolfen1176

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 base ecoboost coupe
Yeah the horn drives me nuts. Its loud but the single tone is just blah on a car that looks and performs like these do. Its almost embarassing lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah the horn drives me nuts. Its loud but the single tone is just blah on a car that looks and performs like these do. Its almost embarassing lol.
For what it's worth the 2020's went back to the dual horns. If you have a friend at your dealer maybe they can do something for you. I paid cost for my horn and the dealer installed it at no charge.
Sponsored