Sponsored

AC blowing warm air

• Thread starter Deleted member 37397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8

Deleted member 37397

Think I got the dreaded evap core issue. Taking it in today. Good thing I have the extended warranty. Just dreading them ripping the dash out of the car to fix it. :angry:
Sponsored

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Mine did that at 13,000 miles. 2 years ago
Ended up just being the Compressor to Condenser A/C Line.
(Replaced under warranty), Fine ever since

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Mine did that at 13,000 miles. 2 years ago
Ended up just being the Compressor to Condenser A/C Line.
(Replaced under warranty), Fine ever since
Hope that’s all it is. I’m cringing at the thought of my whole dash being ripped out of the car to get to the evap core. I’m not even at 6,000 miles yet and hardly have used the ac since I bought it 2 years ago. I’m glad I bought the extended warranty though

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hope that’s all it is. I’m cringing at the thought of my whole dash being ripped out of the car to get to the evap core. I’m not even at 6,000 miles yet and hardly have used the ac since I bought it 2 years ago. I’m glad I bought the extended warranty though
It's actually a good idea to run the AC once in awhile to circulate the oil in the system. It keeps the seals happy.

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

It's actually a good idea to run the AC once in awhile to circulate the oil in the system. It keeps the seals happy.
I do use it when it warrants it. I’ve only had the car since Oct.2018, mostly a weekend toy.

Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I do use it when it warrants it. I’ve only had the car since Oct.2018, mostly a weekend toy.
I know what your saying. I have a 2000 Ford F250 that we bought used in 2002. I have to remind myself to run the AC once in a while. It has never had any of the AC components replaced, just added some AC fluid about 7 years ago. It is low milage for being 20 years old, 63k.

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
UGH. My 2016 had two evaporator core failures. Lets just say it isnt for the faint of heart (seeing the car completely disassembled). I made the mistake of asking to see it mid-fix. Dash, center console, front seats...you name it....it comes out. Fingers crossed my 2019 doesnt have the same issue!

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

UGH. My 2016 had two evaporator core failures. Lets just say it isnt for the faint of heart (seeing the car completely disassembled). I made the mistake of asking to see it mid-fix. Dash, center console, front seats...you name it....it comes out. Fingers crossed my 2019 doesnt have the same issue!
Dealer just called. AC working just fine. No codes. Like when I bring something to one of our engineers and it works fine on the bench, the part acting normal, can’t replicate the issue. Don’t you love that? He’s gonna run another diagnostic on it. I also think you’re fine regarding your 19 @CNFLCTD it seems it was mainly an early model 15-16 issue.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Mine started blowing hot air on the driver's side about 4 weeks ago ........ took it in to a dealer and it was the actuator arm and connector. Totally fixable without taking off the dash ........ what a relief ;-)

OP
OP

Deleted member 37397

Working fine. Going to pick it up now

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My A/C quit also. I'm taking it in tomorrow.
I had the entire climate system in the OFF position for an entire month since the weather was so nice.
The weather started getting warmer, I turned it on and it only blew hot air... on both sides.
I also DON'T want the dash removed.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Ford just called........... the dash is coming out.
"But wait, there's more"... the console is ALSO coming out for the shifter recall.
If this Shelby does not have a whole new assortment of rattles & squeaks, I'll be REALLY surprised.
Sponsored