Sponsored

Warm air coming from vents at all times.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
With just the fan running and set to Lo the vents still blow lukewarm air. Anybody experiencing this? I contacted my selling dealer and they told me another customer with an F150 has same condition. They suggested to cycle fan off and back on. In my case it does nothing. Usually either open the window or switch on the A/C. ??
Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So you have the fan on, Lo temp setting but no A/C and you're getting warm-ish air?

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That seems pretty normal to me. I've had plenty of cars do that. Either turn on the AC or close the vents. Problem solved.

OP
OP
GTthree50

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
That seems pretty normal to me. I've had plenty of cars do that. Either turn on the AC or close the vents. Problem solved.
Completely not normal, at least for any car I've ever had. Also confirmed by dealer that it should not be warm. Problem is not solved by closing the vents or running the A/C.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I've had to fix my AC 2x on each of my two GT350(r).

I live in British Columbia. It barely gets warm here. The AC units on these things are garbage (and that is a quote from some service fellas). I expect to fix them consistently.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Im confused, do you expect it to be cold? With the fan on but AC off, its just going to pull ambient temp air into the car correct? Or are you saying the car is attempting to heat the air coming in?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My A/C stopped working when I tried for the first time this season. They had to replace it. It might have to do with how its wired and the wires went bad quick. May have been a pinch from parts.

:cheers:

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
If you are not running A/C and the air is warm - completely normal.

Mat8754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
When the AC is off and you have the temperature set to low all that can happen is the car can blow whatever temperature air is currently coming from outside. So if it's 90 degrees out the vents will blow hot 90 degree air no matter what temperature you have it set on as long as the AC is off. This is true for all cars

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
When the AC is off and you have the temperature set to low all that can happen is the car can blow whatever temperature air is currently coming from outside. So if it's 90 degrees out the vents will blow hot 90 degree air no matter what temperature you have it set on as long as the AC is off. This is true for all cars
The air temperature inside will be always higher than the ambient temperature from outside. It is because of the engine heat. I have also noted that.

OP
OP
GTthree50

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Im confused, do you expect it to be cold? With the fan on but AC off, its just going to pull ambient temp air into the car correct? Or are you saying the car is attempting to heat the air coming in?
No, I do not expect it to be cold. Only equivalent to ambient air. Owned many cars over the years, this is the first one to behave this way. Maybe just different for Ford, not one import I've had has done this. Was only wondering if anyone has noticed this. This is obviously considered normal by many fellow owners so I'll leave it at that.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
So it is blowing air as if the heat is on and is not ambient temperature?

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's possible that the air intake for your other vehicles was in a spot that grabbed cooler air than the intake on the Mustang.

FWIW, my RS sucked nice cool air when the vents were open and the fan was on. My GTI sucks warm air though.

It's just one of those things that's a quirk of every car :cheers:
Sponsored