Sponsored

A question for Vert owners

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
I am a long time convertible owner having a think about next cars to buy. The choice in 4 seat convertibles with a performance edge is pretty limited.

I dropped in and had a look at the Mustang on the weekend, the dealer only had the fastback and no convertibles. Head room in the rear of fastback is, to be polite, limited. So my question is what is the headroom like in the rear of the convertible (yes with the roof up)?

Look forward to some insights while I try and track one down to sit in somewhere near the Sydney CBD.
Sponsored

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT

richardxr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Rear headroom in the vert is 'fair' for a 6ft person. I don't think 12hrs would be comfortable in the back for any adult, but trips across town would be OK.
Front seats need to come forward a little for a 6ft,er in the back, so 3 x 6ft,ers is a struggle !

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Long trips would be a little claustrophobic, whenever we've taken another couple on board - front seats come forward a bit and the ladies sit in the back as they have the shorter legs :lol:
We've only had adults in the back with the roof down, sometimes it goes back up for AC to be on or rain.
Backseat in the GT def less room.
Neither are cars to regularly carry more than 2 people TBH.

Cheers

J

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
I'm 6'4", 260#. The head room in a convertible is better than a coupe. I can comfortably drive in either car. I CANNOT ride in the rear seat. I bought my vert for slow cruising and daily driving as I am retired. I did not need the performance but I did buy the GT Premium for grins.

Sponsored

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Yep, agree with previous comments that there is slightly more headroom in the convertible. Just did a mini break down south with an adult rear passenger and rear seats were very comfortable - just move the front passenger seat forward a little (and there's so much room in the front foot well anyway. Nothing like having the top down and hearing the rumbling V8 . . .

Westys10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT/CS Convertible A6
I have ridden in the back of my own car and it's not absolutely terrible. I'm average size, 6' 185. My head barely grazes the top when it is up. The smaller the front passengers are the better it is. On the passenger side I can sit pretty comfortable considering what there is to work with.

OP
OP

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like it can be lived with for occasional use.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I'm 6'4", 260#. The head room in a convertible is better than a coupe. I can comfortably drive in either car. I CANNOT ride in the rear seat. I bought my vert for slow cruising and daily driving as I am retired. I did not need the performance but I did buy the GT Premium for grins.
I'm hearin ya mate. My GT vert is all about the fun factor. Lot's of smiles:D It's not my daily driver, so it's always a bit of an occasion driving it . Roof down, of course. That's when it looks the goods. If your going to have the inconvenience of two doors, make it a vert. At least it's got emergency seats and a good boot for a vert. Cheers

mrkarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ruby Red Convertible
It's also a bucketload easier to get in and out of the backseat with the roof down. :thumbsup: