Sponsored

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
I wonder how my engines look because I do 15k intervals lol. glad to see yours is wearing greatly
I look in the oil fill to see how dirty it is in my engines. I used Blackstone labs to test the oil in my Chevy pickup. I changed the oil filter when the Change Oil reminder came up about every 5K miles and the oil and filter every 3rd reminder, so about 15K miles. Running Mobil 1 I never had any lubrication issues with the 5.3 engine and it was clean.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Hey hey!

My car has been modded since about 500mi on its clock and serviced with mostly Pennzoil synthetic oil at about 3-5k intervals.

I'm pretty happy with the condition! I also had the oil pan off to remove the balance shaft assembly when I did the flywheel and clutch, and the bottom end looked just as spotless.

I had the intake manifold off not too long ago to do a mild, aka ziptie band with a can of crc gdi solution, carbon cleaning and the valves weren't too badly coated. I do run the URP dual catch can, but only for about half the mileage. Before that the oil used to pool up in the intake manifold fairly often, but that is probably due to the high flow downpipe.

Just wanted to share my results with the group.

20220129_014725.jpg

20220129_021151.jpg
Thanks for posting the pics. I like seeing the engine internals and the surronding equipment. You can't beat synthetic oils, thats for sure.

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

gatornek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I got to fix the infamous timing cover oil leaks while I was at it.
Do tell!
My fault, I have the dual check valve but not dual can system. I usually empty it every 500mi, and the amount varies on the level of beating the engine gets. If I'm zipping around town it fills up with about 4oz fluid, but if I'm cruising on a long higway trip it gets filled with only about 2oz. Keep in mind that I gutted the PVC valve and that a HF downpipe seems to affect the crankcase pressure. I have a thread on this topic from a few years ago where the engine was pinging due to all of the oil pooling up in the intake manifold from the stock PVC system not being able to keep up with the mods. Since the catch can the OAR has been perfect except for a few occasions of bad gas.
Could you possibly link me to this thread. I ran into a similar issue with a Ford Performance catchcan setup. I installed high flow downpipe, 2 months later, hotside pipe popped because of goop. that's when I realized something was up with pcv system. went back to stock on downpipe, no change, swapped OEM pcv plate, no change. Went with a UPR dual valve catchcan to replace the FP, and FINALLY, all the blowby out the cleanside went back to normal.

Would love to compare notes. I also installed the radium plate with the UPR DVCC.

It's all good now, but it took me a long time to realize the FP catchcan system just wasn't cutting it anymore.

OP
OP
CustomS550

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Here's a good thread about it;

Mystery small oil leak on timing chain cover area | Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum

It's nothing serious, as mine held together without a major leak up for 110K miles.

Here's the PVC system thread

Could you possibly link me to this thread. I ran into a similar issue with a Ford Performance catchcan setup. I installed high flow downpipe, 2 months later, hotside pipe popped because of goop. that's when I realized something was up with pcv system. went back to stock on downpipe, no change, swapped OEM pcv plate, no change. Went with a UPR dual valve catchcan to replace the FP, and FINALLY, all the blowby out the cleanside went back to normal.

Would love to compare notes. I also installed the radium plate with the UPR DVCC.

It's all good now, but it took me a long time to realize the FP catchcan system just wasn't cutting it anymore.