Sponsored

A growing appreciation for the 2.3l sound

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
The sound of the EcoBoost was never a consideration for me when I was shopping for the S550. But here lately I've really begun to like the sound of the four-banger. To give it a little help I installed cp-e's catted downpipe. That gave the exhaust note some needed deepness. An open filter cold air intake along with ANC(active noise cancellation)delete lets me hear exactly what the engine is doing. The turbo mustang has a unique, sporty sound all its own, and I like it.
Sponsored

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
I still haven't found an exhaust sound clip that's made me want to change anything. Borla Touring is the closest I've heard because it sounds deep but barely noticeable. No way I want to DD a raspy drone machine, and that's what all of the "aggressive" options sound like to me.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Make me person #2
So you actually like it too? Is yours stock or have you done something to improve it? Sound clips are always nice.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I still haven't found an exhaust sound clip that's made me want to change anything. Borla Touring is the closest I've heard because it sounds deep but barely noticeable. No way I want to DD a raspy drone machine, and that's what all of the "aggressive" options sound like to me.
Solo Performance.

Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Call me getting old but I am fine with the sound too. But so far only the stock exhaust. First I had a full turbo back catted downpipe with magna flow exhaust. Just terrible noise and vibration. Then stock downpipe made it better. Then stock exhaust with no resonator. Better but still 2000 to 3000 rpm resonance. Then back to stock and nice and smooth sound. Nothing like a GT but for me much better then trying to make it sound like something it's not.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
That's not ANC; that's ANP (active noise production).
Sounds better with it deleted...super easy, give it a try if you haven't already.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I think the EB sounds great. The youtube videos are what makes it sound like crap. Hear a mbrp race with a catless downpipe and tell me it doesn't sound good...

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Exhaust was the first thing I did on my GT. It's the last thing I'll do on my EB.

I don't think it sounds bad, just not the head turner a V8 with longtubes is.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Yeah I was on the same boat had a really hard time with all the YouTube videos cause they sound funny but ended up with the mishimoto catback. I really dislike the name but it was the deepest quietest exhaust I could find and it doesn't make a peep while driving normal so I'm happy I got rid of the stock heavy exhaust that thing was a tank!
Sponsored