A couple quick questions regarding sync

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I can't seem to find these answers so I apologize if it's been answered elsewhere.

On my 2019 Mustang GT (non premium) I have the base sync 4" screen. However, when I check the software versuon it says "SYNC 3 software version: 3.3.18016" everything I've read seems to state that, if I don't have the touch screen, I don't have sync 3, yet the software version claims otherwise. I can't seem to get any of the supposed sync 3 features to work, though. My guess would be that they use the same software version with the firmware blocking out features on the smaller head unit.

Which leads into my second question, every so often my car decides it wants to ask me if I want to turn on/off automatic updates at every single startup, regardless of my choice. After doing it about 5x (at least) in a row, it stops asking for a week and then it does it again. Is there a way to stop this? It's rather annoying. I don't see anything directly pertaining to it so I'm assuming maybe turning off wifi would solve this?
Sponsored