• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

A Couple Cruise Control Questions

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Tested the intelligent speed limiter this morning... you literally have to push the gas pedal to the floor to override it 😂
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Tested the intelligent speed limiter this morning... you literally have to push the gas pedal to the floor to override it 😂
Well, the owner's manual does clearly state, "FIRMLY press the accelerator pedal ..." (emphasis added). :like:

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
No.

F150 (XLT, Lariat, KR, Plantinum, Tremor), Explorer (2025 ST-Line, ST and Platinum), Mach-E (203+), and Expedition (2024 Platinum)

I have (had) it on my 2021 F150 Platinum. I would rate it 5/10 or 6/10 performance wise. I had it for a little over 2 years and had the opportunity to re-up for 3 more years for $200/yr ($600 for three years paid in full for 2021 Job 1 F150's) when it expired at the end of last year. It wasn't worth $200/yr, nor is it worth the $800 per YEAR they want now.
What exactly is Blue Cruise?

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
how does adaptive cruise control work exactly on a manual transmission? If you're cruising on 6th gear at 75 mph and traffic slows down to 40 mph, does the car notify you to shift to lower gears?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
What exactly is Blue Cruise?
Full hands-free driving on select US highways and interstates. Think Tesla full self driving

how does adaptive cruise control work exactly on a manual transmission? If you're cruising on 6th gear at 75 mph and traffic slows down to 40 mph, does the car notify you to shift to lower gears?
Adaptive cruise will apply the brakes for you or accelerate for you. Assuming your car doesn't stall it will probably try to speed up regardless of gear. If you touch the brakes or the clutch cruise control will disable. FWIW, I have an automatic but the premise is the same. Will never own a car w/o it now

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No.

F150 (XLT, Lariat, KR, Plantinum, Tremor), Explorer (2025 ST-Line, ST and Platinum), Mach-E (203+), and Expedition (2024 Platinum)

I have (had) it on my 2021 F150 Platinum. I would rate it 5/10 or 6/10 performance wise. I had it for a little over 2 years and had the opportunity to re-up for 3 more years for $200/yr ($600 for three years paid in full for 2021 Job 1 F150's) when it expired at the end of last year. It wasn't worth $200/yr, nor is it worth the $800 per YEAR they want now.
Yes, I'm replying to myself.

Over this past weekend, I spent half the day using FDRS to update *all* the outstanding firmware updates on my F150 (and the BCM and PCM on my Mustang).

There were a bunch outstanding for the truck, including the IPMA and a bunch of other modules that control BlueCruise, including some present on non-BC vehicles.

I must admit that the updates SIGNIFICANTLY improved the performance of lane centering and the predictive speed assist. I need to drive it some more for a full evaluation, but I can say that these changes probably jumped it from a 5/6 out of 10 to maybe an 8 out of 10. I"m really looking forward to when they enable the lane change feature in BC 1.4, which is what many of these updates prepared my truck for.

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Full hands-free driving on select US highways and interstates. Think Tesla full self driving

Adaptive cruise will apply the brakes for you or accelerate for you. Assuming your car doesn't stall it will probably try to speed up regardless of gear. If you touch the brakes or the clutch cruise control will disable. FWIW, I have an automatic but the premise is the same. Will never own a car w/o it now
yeah I have adaptive cruise control now and love it, but it's a Durango with automatic transmission. Curious how it would work with a manual transmission since acceleration is completely dependent on the speed and gear you're on. I guess someone with a manual transmission should chime in.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
yeah I have adaptive cruise control now and love it, but it's a Durango with automatic transmission. Curious how it would work with a manual transmission since acceleration is completely dependent on the speed and gear your on. I guess someone with a manual transmission should chime in.
You have to shift gears if you want it to accelerate faster, there's no changing that. If you shift gears though you're gonna disable cruise and will have to just accelerate yourself. Do yourself a favor and get the auto, it's incredible.

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
You have to shift gears if you want it to accelerate faster, there's no changing that. If you shift gears though you're gonna disable cruise and will have to just accelerate yourself. Do yourself a favor and get the auto, it's incredible.
I test drove the auto and manual twice each, and manual is a completely different ball game! My work commute isn't bad so I don't mind the manual at all!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
No way that's awesome! So it just maintains the same speed even when changing gears?
You just switch gears like normal and it will readjust to the speed you have set.

I am jealous of the lane centering that autos have though. No idea why the manuals can’t have that.

Reactions: Zig

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You just switch gears like normal and it will readjust to the speed you have set.

I am jealous of the lane centering that autos have though. No idea why the manuals can’t have that.
Yes, cruise control sets your MPH, not your RPM ... :)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yes, cruise control sets your MPH, not your RPM ... :)
Lol i was contemplating this very thing while watching the speed sign shown in the display change when we were trailing (tractor beam style) another up hill via adaptive.
Sponsored