Sponsored

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
89 Trooper, I just removed the label on right side with GooGone and will be doing drivers side shortly. Took about an hour but all glue is gone and visor looks like new without a label. Just takes some time . I didn't remove the visor just put it door side and sat with my legs out the open door with a towel and hanging led light. Does look good. Jack

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
89 Trooper, I just removed the label on right side with GooGone and will be doing drivers side shortly. Took about an hour but all glue is gone and visor looks like new without a label. Just takes some time . I didn't remove the visor just put it door side and sat with my legs out the open door with a towel and hanging led light. Does look good. Jack
Maybe I'll try that! Did you just soak it with Goo Gone and start peeling it off? Or do you have to start peeling it to get the Goo Gone under the label for it to work?

BrotherJack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Color Kono Blue Black Rag Top
Visor Label

The first one was soaked, then removed Took an hour or more. I got smart for the second realizing most glues become active when heat is applied. That said, I took a hair dryer and heated the second label until I could just touch it (pretty hot as some would say). Next I began to peel from the corner and the label very easily peeled off,glue and all! I used a micro fiber towel and daubed some GooGone on it,then buffed the visor area to remove the pressed down look along with the straight lines created by the label. Can't tell it was ever there! Too about 15minutes,Most of that time was convincing the wife that I would NOT damage her hair dryer....which I didn't! J

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The first one was soaked, then removed Took an hour or more. I got smart for the second realizing most glues become active when heat is applied. That said, I took a hair dryer and heated the second label until I could just touch it (pretty hot as some would say). Next I began to peel from the corner and the label very easily peeled off,glue and all! I used a micro fiber towel and daubed some GooGone on it,then buffed the visor area to remove the pressed down look along with the straight lines created by the label. Can't tell it was ever there! Too about 15minutes,Most of that time was convincing the wife that I would NOT damage her hair dryer....which I didn't! J
Cool... I will try that!

Sponsored

Gpz 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1989 Red LX 5.0
Tom,

Great job on the journal. Where do you order your parts from?, if online that's not a problem either way. I live on the east coast north of WPB. Again great job on your car and your journal has been very helpful.

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tom,

Great job on the journal. Where do you order your parts from?, if online that's not a problem either way. I live on the east coast north of WPB. Again great job on your car and your journal has been very helpful.
Thanks for the compliments!

I have either ordered the parts from my local Ford dealership, or from tascapart.com...

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Thank you for being capable of changing your own oil.
I've yet to do this... But, the Stang is the first car I'm doing it with. Already bought jack/jackstands. These pictures help a lot :) I'm also going to be adding adding some bolt-ons, turning wrenches on this car sounds like fun.

Also, Tom... Your car is looking great!

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I've yet to do this... But, the Stang is the first car I'm doing it with. Already bought jack/jackstands. These pictures help a lot :) I'm also going to be adding adding some bolt-ons, turning wrenches on this car sounds like fun.

Ramps are much easier for changing oil.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost

If you want help I'll be more than happy to help you.

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
If you want help I'll be more than happy to help you.
Thanks man, I might. At least on the first oil change, but that's still about 3k MI away :)

I also bought an intercooler, and catch can. Can't wait.

I might get ramps. The jack and stands was too sweet a deal to pass up.

OP
OP
89Trooper

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks man, I might. At least on the first oil change, but that's still about 3k MI away :)

I also bought an intercooler, and catch can. Can't wait.

I might get ramps. The jack and stands was too sweet a deal to pass up.
And don't forget... it's 8 quarts! :)

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
And don't forget... it's 8 quarts! :)
It sure is thirsty.

Never really considered them before due to the possibility of a failure but what type of ramps does everyone use? Not looking to get crushed over here so I don't mind paying more for better ones.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
It sure is thirsty.

Never really considered them before due to the possibility of a failure but what type of ramps does everyone use? Not looking to get crushed over here so I don't mind paying more for better ones.

Look at Race Ramps. They are really nice, light, and unlikely to fail catastrophically like plastic or metal ramps.
Sponsored