Sponsored

8" Android Head Unit Review

alanlopezlv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Grey Magnetic
I've considered selling mine, I just don't feel like going through the uninstall again... I'm just plain tired.
Will consider purchasing it off of you if it is still working properly without any major bugs and for the right price of course.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Will consider purchasing it off of you if it is still working properly without any major bugs and for the right price of course.
Since posting that, I started getting bombed with messages about it. It's an Alpha release unit, so it's not without its quirks, so I don't know that I would actually sell it. It works just fine, but it still has a mini reboot at startup from reinitializing something, I just haven't figured out what yet.

I've been digging deep to find a US Manufacturer that could essentially clone mine, and make them here, which is proving difficult.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Random update. There seems to be good news in the future. I'm posting this as a reminder to myself, and as a teaser for those still stuck with a Base radio.

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
I lost all hope of a decent head unit after this fell out. Sync 3 is too much used and too much hunting for me. I'll keep an eye out here just in case this becomes real.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I lost all hope of a decent head unit after this fell out. Sync 3 is too much used and too much hunting for me. I'll keep an eye out here just in case this becomes real.
So far it's looking very promising, but I don't want to spill all the beans at once. When that happened with the Tesla Unit, some hard-chargers thought it would be a good idea to start mass contacting the vendor and that's when support for it stopped on their end.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Hi HBF...Any time frame? I was about to pull the trigger on a Seicane w/ Android 7.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hi HBF...Any time frame? I was about to pull the trigger on a Seicane w/ Android 7.
If you're ready to buy NOW, then you can safely go forth with another unit. I want to make sure I've personally tested this new one to the max, and can use this thread as a reference for questions people will have, and that means it will be at least a few weeks before I know more.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I am ready now, but I can wait a couple weeks

Sponsored
OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Any update?
The company I was working with has decided to start selling them on their own, direct-to-customer from China. Another reason I keep losing respect for these manufacturers, that's just what they do. Steal the idea, and profit.

https://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?id=2716875998020992

That
should be a direct link to what they're selling now. Can't offer much more insight, but it's looking to be around $400 landed at your door.

**edit - Fixed link.

Last edited:

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The company I was working with has decided to start selling them on their own, direct-to-customer from China. Another reason I keep losing respect for these manufacturers, that's just what they do. Steal the idea, and profit.

https://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?id=2716875998020992

That
should be a direct link to what they're selling now. Can't offer much more insight, but it's looking to be around $400 landed at your door.

**edit - Fixed link.
Oh man I was really looking forward to it too :/ guess just gotta keep looking

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man I was really looking forward to it too :/ guess just gotta keep looking
It'll probably make it's way across all the different "manufacturers" on Amazon and eBay. Probably not going to get support like what would be done through a US reseller that puts effort into the software. Doesn't seem much different than the 10" models except Android 8 and some of the built in apps.

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It'll probably make it's way across all the different "manufacturers" on Amazon and eBay. Probably not going to get support like what would be done through a US reseller that puts effort into the software. Doesn't seem much different than the 10" models except Android 8 and some of the built in apps.
Even then, it's likely Android 6.0.1 at best, with a pseudo 8.0 GUI on it.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
So if a choice had to be made for this "new" 8 inch vs the Seicane 10 inch with android 7.1, which would we the best between the two?
Sponsored