Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

Davidkjeld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT w/ pp
Just a quick question but for those that have install this unit, do the wires that aren't in a connector go to anything? I'm referring to the wires near the white connector in this picture.
image.jpeg
Sponsored

foco808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Competition Orange
I finally installed my head unit last night. I noticed something weird and wondering if anyone else has the same problem. After you shut your car off and open the door the radio turns off, like it suppose to do. But when I open the door to get in the head unit turns itself on. So I can turn the radio on and off just by opening my car door. That doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else came across this problem yet?

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
Probably be a good idea to start listing all of the issues we are having with this unit.

JStang091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I finally installed my head unit last night. I noticed something weird and wondering if anyone else has the same problem. After you shut your car off and open the door the radio turns off, like it suppose to do. But when I open the door to get in the head unit turns itself on. So I can turn the radio on and off just by opening my car door. That doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else came across this problem yet?
That's odd.. I know with the base when I open the door I get the mustang logo on the screen but the head idosent actually turn on. Must be some sort of glitch with it getting power.

On a side note, anyone else that revieved ttracking numbers that do not work email Lisa at the previously posted email, she responded back to me next day with a different number that works.

DBiggles654

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Deep Impact Blue M/T
Mine shows tracking now today finally. It's shows it's still in Hong Kong as of 230am. Idk if that's 230 here or 230 their time. But nonetheless hope to get it soon preferably before the weekend so I can install it over the weekend.

Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I haven't ordered one yet, I am still waiting to decide after more get installed and to see what the issues if any are. So far the only other problems are I have seen that aren't in this thread are:

-The Chinese sync voice (that I have found some people have all English and NO Chinese). I emailed that Tomtop company or whatever it is and I was told that they are ALL in Chinese.

-One guys 8" screen wouldn't power on or anything even after it was all plugged in.

I really want the screen but Im just not 100% sold on it yet, and I don't want the problems that I have read about with it... and I want NO Chinese sync voice crap lol.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I ordered through eBay and immediately messaged them saying I wanted everything in English. They replied and confirmed that it would be all in English. I guess we'll see when I finally get it.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered through eBay and immediately messaged them saying I wanted everything in English. They replied and confirmed that it would be all in English. I guess we'll see when I finally get it.

I hope so. .I was dealing with them directly on their site.

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
I haven't ordered one yet, I am still waiting to decide after more get installed and to see what the issues if any are. So far the only other problems are I have seen that aren't in this thread are:

-The Chinese sync voice (that I have found some people have all English and NO Chinese). I emailed that Tomtop company or whatever it is and I was told that they are ALL in Chinese.

-One guys 8" screen wouldn't power on or anything even after it was all plugged in.

I really want the screen but Im just not 100% sold on it yet, and I don't want the problems that I have read about with it... and I want NO Chinese sync voice crap lol.
The Tomtop.com units are in english as confirmed by airbornetex and others. Just put the region as America before adding to cart.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The Tomtop.com units are in english as confirmed by airbornetex and others. Just put the region as America before adding to cart.

I noticed that and I had wondered if the person that had his in Chinese overlooked that tab..

Sponsored

Davidkjeld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT w/ pp
I received mine today and had it installed within a couple hours! I was kind of excited about getting rid of that 4 inch screen. Everything works great including sync which is all in English. Another thing I noticed is that the harness has red/white RCA connections and 2 (yellow) video connections. I looked back at the pics posted in this thread and I don't remember seeing these. I completely forgot to take a picture of the harness and didn't think about it after I finished the install. It seems like with every batch that gets mailed out there's something new.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
is it a risk? absolutely but is the payoff potentially huge? absolutely this unit has the potential to be better then most aftermarket head units it has decent specs and runs windows ce 6.0. once engineering mode is activated the options would almost be limitless. plus this unit is still in the beginning stages and for only 300 bucks you get navigation (pretty decent ive used igo in the past) a bigger screen and room for growth. i bought this over the myford touch because i have had good experiences (more often then not, im not saying i havent had any) with these Chinese units. once you get through the security you can pretty much turn it into an in car computer.

JStang091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I received mine today and had it installed within a couple hours! I was kind of excited about getting rid of that 4 inch screen. Everything works great including sync which is all in English. Another thing I noticed is that the harness has red/white RCA connections and 2 (yellow) video connections. I looked back at the pics posted in this thread and I don't remember seeing these. I completely forgot to take a picture of the harness and didn't think about it after I finished the install. It seems like with every batch that gets mailed out there's something new.
Not sure about the audio connections but the video is probably for the front view camera option.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't see where everyone is getting the promo codes so they are under $300? Literally EVERY code I come across online, I try it and it just says "invalid code".

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic