777 performance vs ikon gt 500 fascia

Patmcgee957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Looking to get some insight on which one seems to be of better quality. Seeing people like the ikons for the most part minus some little stuff. Haven’t seen anything on the 777 fascia really.
Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt

here's a video on assembling the 777

I have the IKON one and it's pretty much the same... as far as how it goes together.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Looking to get some insight on which one seems to be of better quality. Seeing people like the ikons for the most part minus some little stuff. Haven’t seen anything on the 777 fascia really.
I have installed the 777 gt500 front end and I think it is the best because it does not have the shelby or gt500 markings on it. The materials used are all good quality, the cost to paint it is a bitch do not get it pre painted.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
I know the ikon and the 777 for the 15-17 are identical. Same manufacturer. Can't speak to the 18+, but probably the same. Just like i5 autohaus and MP Concepts are the same.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
what i found was i5 autohaus pictures to advertise the bumper are literally stolen off of MP concepts pictures, they just removed the logos.

Peep this https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-mustang-gt500-style-front-bumper-408766.html the extra pictures are the same ones on i5 autohaus

What I found is that IKON MOTORSPORTS one has a barnd on it stamped AMPP all over the parts, and i found this

https://bofan2014.en.alibaba.com/pr...GT500_front_bumper_for_2018_2020_Mustang.html

I assume the IKON 350 style is also AMPP

not sure if 777 made their own or if they are also just sourcing these parts from china

Sponsored

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what i found was i5 autohaus pictures to advertise the bumper are literally stolen off of MP concepts pictures, they just removed the logos.

Peep this https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-mustang-gt500-style-front-bumper-408766.html the extra pictures are the same ones on i5 autohaus

What I found is that IKON MOTORSPORTS one has a barnd on it stamped AMPP all over the parts, and i found this

https://bofan2014.en.alibaba.com/pr...GT500_front_bumper_for_2018_2020_Mustang.html

I assume the IKON 350 style is also AMPP

not sure if 777 made their own or if they are also just sourcing these parts from china

For the 777, they originally were going to make their own one-off, but that never panned out (I waited for it for a while). Then they ultimately sourced theirs from the same manufacturer as ikon (AMPP). If you look at the pics, they are identical. Pricing on all of these bumpers is ridiculous. They should be more around $500, maybe $600 IMO.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
For sure. They were $999 at first but now they raised their prices to $1150-1200

Even $999 was a bit much. But I understand they are a business. Shipping these things aren't cheap either.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, shipping is def not cheap - they all need to be shipped freight, although they do NOT package these things very well. Mine had a decent amount of damage. They also are not the same level of quality as factory bumpers and you can get a roush bumper with paint shipped for $1200ish last I checked. My body shop said they can get cheap china bumpers for regular cars for as little as $50, which clued me into how little it costs to manufacture them.

Anyways, comes down to supply and demand. And the demand is high for the gt500 look right now :)

OP
OP

Patmcgee957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Thanks guys. 777 is about 4 weeks out before shipping but they are also $200 off right now. Just gonna find which ones cheaper and go with that since they are the same.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
For the 777, they originally were going to make their own one-off, but that never panned out (I waited for it for a while). Then they ultimately sourced theirs from the same manufacturer as ikon (AMPP). If you look at the pics, they are identical. Pricing on all of these bumpers is ridiculous. They should be more around $500, maybe $600 IMO.
Such a headache all these vendors and different bumpers, well the aMPP one on alibaba shows a shelby imprinted splitter, which is something new aside from some covers having GT500 on the center area.

For 18+ they keep mixing bumpers up, one GT500 version does not re-use the factory turn signal lamps, while one does.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

here's a video on assembling the 777

I have the IKON one and it's pretty much the same... as far as how it goes together.
Thanks for the video posting, sure now gives a clue how it will look unfinished a bit for those who opt not to install the side winglets. Would have to darken or cover up the bolt area that would show body color from looking at the rear.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had one on order from ikon, but cancelled it. I just couldn't get over having to modify it just so you don't see the washer fluid tank through the corner mesh. As much as I'm spending on the bumper I don't want to spend more to have to do more to it.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had one on order from ikon, but cancelled it. I just couldn't get over having to modify it just so you don't see the washer fluid tank through the corner mesh. As much as I'm spending on the bumper I don't want to spend more to have to do more to it.
I can understand that. Although it was maybe $25 for the abs plastic to block them off. Unfortunately all of the aftermarket gt500 bumpers have those grilles open and exposed to the washer fluid reservoir.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I will stick with my Steeda Q bumper, too much exposed look with this and some also have issues at high speed with pieces coming loose or cracking due to too much air going inside. Also no idea if ACC would even work since the thick plastic border between the lower grill and side vent is in front of where the sensor is normally located, I like how I can still retain my factory upper and lower grill and also have a slightly different look from stock.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured I'd post this here so people can see how to mod the corner grilles if interested. The bumper is actually very sturdy after its all tied into the belly pan. I've been over 100 with no issues. Everything still feels tight/no bending.

But I do agree that leaving the corner grilles open is not good from an aero perspective.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/15-17-ikon-gt500-bumper-review.142697/
Sponsored