Sponsored

6 spkr base stereo questions???

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hey guys and gals are the rear deck speakers Coax or just the woofer? I don't here a lot of treble coming out of them. It seems the earlier cars were Coax's, not sure on this. When I try to look through the carpeted deck you can't see anything. Also I notice the magnets are quite a bit bigger than my brothers 2017 Mustang also with the base stereo. Although its a V6 not a GT, don't know if that matters.

I already did the Forscan changes which helped a ton!!! However, I am ready to dive into a speaker change, I don't want to change the amp. I am not into ear shattering db levels. I am not even sure of changing out the tweeters in the A-Pillar, as they seem to have pretty good imaging and highs.

If I change out the door with a 2 way component setup then I will switch them out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Also I did the 8" conversion already but running on the OEM 6 spkr ACM.
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Rears are woofers only, if you did the eq change with forscan then replace them with coax and it will sound much better!

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking about keeping it just woofers only. The soundstage likes when the highs are in front of you. I would just like a little cleaner bass with the stock amp. Thinking of going with these...93db per 1 watt and they go down to 55hz.

Hertz

Last edited:

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
… I would just like a little cleaner bass...
Hey Dave, I just modified my sound system last weekend looking for the same. I scooped an inexpensive amp and Kicker 10” woofer on Amazon for $250 shipped and tossed it in. Sounds very good considering I just tapped the rear speakers for inputs.

— Mike

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Dave, I just modified my sound system last weekend looking for the same. I scooped an inexpensive amp and Kicker 10” woofer on Amazon for $250 shipped and tossed it in. Sounds very good considering I just tapped the rear speakers for inputs.

— Mike

Appreciate the input bro. However, I don't want anything in the trunk. Want it looking OEM.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you checked out the Alpine unit made for the mustang, it mounts an 8 in sub under the dash. I love mine.

Yea I considered that awhile ago, but you have to tap into the power supply. I want it so you don't even see it.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Can someone please explain the FORSCAN EQ process in detail for me? I am about to dive into a speaker swap and adding a sub/amp. TIA - Cory

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
Apologies if this comes across as an attempt to hi jack a thread, but I have the 6 speaker base system in my GT as but I'd like to go the opposite direction as opposed to the OP lol.
I'm very much used to having my redneck/back yard installed system in my truck with a pioneer radio, Rockford Fosgate amp, 2x 10" Rockford Fosgate subs(I bought the subs and amp paired together off of some fella from FB market place), I ditched the original RF box for bigger ported box, all that is paired with Harmony Audio 2x 5x7" 225W co-ax door speakers & 2x 6.5" 300w co-ax speakers.
As stated I'm used to having that ear shattering volume level and punch from the subs, and obviously this fancy new base GT is missing those two things, the punch of a sub and how loud I like to listen to my music.
I keep seeing something about this forscan deal and using that to change the EQ and some other stuff, and I've also been seeing a couple threads here and there about swapping to the 8" radio, while I would like the 8' radio I'd much rather mess around with tweeters and speakers for now and wait for the 8' as I can live with out it for the time being, I'm not very well versed in the world of audio at all and the only reason I know the specs on the 5x7 & 6.5 is because they're the only brand new pieces that I have aside from the radio it's self, but I only took pics of the boxes for the speakers as I figured it might be useful. The amp and subs were second hand and that radio I have is a few years old so who knows where the box for that went.

Either way, some tips on where to start would be appreciated, again sorry if I'm hi jacking this thread, let me know and ill start my own if need be or just point me in the right direction!
-TIA
Sponsored