Sponsored

6 speed manual.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Has anyone driven both a Bullitt and Mach 1 manual and so able to compare the gearboxes?
Sponsored

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Has anyone driven both a Bullitt and Mach 1 manual and so able to compare the gearboxes?
Hi. I have owned a Bullitt & now a Mach 1 the gearbox in the Mach 1 has made the car what it should of been in the Bullitt the main reason are the ratios are so much better spaced with 6th being the overdrive gear.it pulls well in 5th gear as it's 1:1 . The tremec is also a stronger box than the Getrag.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I drove a mach 1 today for the 1st time
observations
The clutch was lighter than my bullitt and a lot lighter than i expected
the ride was very very smooth
i didn't notice a big difference in the gear ratios
The bullitt burbles better when decelerating particularly in 1st and 2nd
The brakes in the mach 1 were not so grabby and the brake pedal actually felt so soft i wondered if it was functioning properly
The gear shift was very stiff and hard to move particularly from 2nd to 3rd.The owner is hoping it frees up soon or it will need to go back to the dealer

Lovely car but would I sell my Bullitt for one?
No way!!!!!!!

Reactions: 12g

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
observations
The brakes in the mach 1 were not so grabby and the brake pedal actually felt so soft i wondered if it was functioning properly
The gear shift was very stiff and hard to move particularly from 2nd to 3rd.The owner is hoping it frees up soon or it will need to go back to the dealer

No way!!!!!!!
Thanks for the report. I love my Bullitt and am not interested in the Mach1 other than curiosity about the Tremec gearbox as every report sems so glowing of it.

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
observations

No way!!!!!!!
There is clearly a problem with the gearbox in the car you drove. Tremec is a close ratio gearbox very smooth & precise with no issues. No 5 & 6 gear in the Getrag MT82 are overdrive gears 4th gear is final drive. Mach 1 final drive is 5th gear with 6th gear overdrive. Tremec has superior ratios compared to the Getrag & is very noticeable when driving back to back plus a stronger gearbox hence the glowing reviews this was the gearbox that was fitted in the Shelby 350 says it all really.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
POJ1 has driven the Mach1 and was giving us his opinion on the car he drove, not reading from the blurb in the media. I am sure it's a wonderful car but i'd rather believe someone with an experience of the vehicle than just what i have read. Isn't that what these forums are for.

Reactions: 12g

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
POJ1 has driven the Mach1 and was giving us his opinion on the car he drove, not reading from the blurb in the media. I am sure it's a wonderful car but i'd rather believe someone with an experience of the vehicle than just what i have read. Isn't that what these forums are for.
Insulting (BLURB IN THE MEDIA) what's your problem if you care to read the question then the previous 5 threads l have given my experience & opinions because l OWN a Mach 1 & have done over 1000 miles unlike POJ 1 who does not own one only drove one on a test drive. I don't know why l waste my time trying to help others with the truth when some people just want a argument because they can't be bothered to read & digest previous threads.

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey guys, relax. I didn’t mean to start a war. I was just curious about first hand experience. All opinions are welcome 🤗

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Hey guys, relax. I didn’t mean to start a war. I was just curious about first hand experience. All opinions are welcome 🤗
hey y'all . let me chime in as the car in question is mine. FJG, MT, loaded. still only have 100 miles on her. i've come from a 2016 GT, MT, slightly modified. I've just driven the car again and I have now got it ! I'm learning how to drive it . the main issue I was having was going from 2nd to 3rd and it it felt a little difficult to get it in 3rd. now i've learned that you have to go slightly to the right ( mm's) to get the perfect smooth shift. remember this is a RHD car , shifting with our L hand. anyway I was out for about 30 min going 2nd>3rd>2nd>3rd shifting at about 4000 rpm. Beautiful ! love the instant dump of the clutch with downshifting and auto rev matching is perfect. no lunging. very smooth. I was never a big fan of my Getrag. had it 5 years and quite often would feel grinding and occasionally minor lock out. never did do the shifter mod though. anyway , I think it was user error that I was complaining about but now its sorted. the main thing I like about this shifter/ transmission is it feels faster in 1st and 2nd around town. I think 1st is longer so makes it easier to start off and I don't feel as though I need to shift into 2nd right away as I did in my 2016. and when you do need to go to third its illegal! but at least i can do it smoothly now. cheers, tom
Sponsored