Monoblade TB
JLT CAI
Kooks 1 7/8ths Long Tubes
Kooks Green Cats
JPC Racing Lightweight Alternator Pulley
ATI Balancer
FTW Purple
609/448
On E85 when I last dyno'd it we were at 580/442 and on 93 we came up with 565/430
that's beautiful . This is my long term goal
Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Full ARH Exhaust, ported CJ, L&M intake cams, and vmp 67 to on 93 and E85.
Lots of other random mods like ATI balancer. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in this setup or my car. We all expected more. The e85 tune is pretty maxed out too.

Car has full ARH catless exhaust on both sheets.
466/399 was ported CJ ,vmp67, FRPP Cai and L&M Intake cams on 93
478/397 was same as above on E85

448/387 is catless full ARH exhaust and ported gt350,gt350tb on 93
458/390 is same as above on E85 flex tune.

On stock intake manifold I made 438/404 on 93 with same exhaust and JLT.
All tunes by Rev Auto
Do you have a baseline to compare with? Just looking at numbers isn't recommended. Also, I know VCT needs to be tuned when changing out intake manifolds and most tuners in the Mustang realm don't seem to do this oddly enough. With your new intake cam, I know VCT needs to be carefully calibrated. The way your power plateaus, I wouldn't be surprised if it was never touched...

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Do you have a baseline to compare with? Just looking at numbers isn't recommended. Also, I know VCT needs to be tuned when changing out intake manifolds and most tuners in the Mustang realm don't seem to do this oddly enough. With your new intake cam, I know VCT needs to be carefully calibrated. The way your power plateaus, I wouldn't be surprised if it was never touched...
The best baseline I have is what I posted on the 142#.
Rev Auto did the tune and spends an enormous amount of time on tunes. Adam spent over 8hrs on mine. It's just not huge gains. We all expected more but that's what happens when I'm one of the first at the plate. I'm not sure of any Na dyno graph that doesn't plateau with the cj. They are known to make power and hold it across the rpm.
I've linked a graph from JPC that shows the same thing you mention being an issue.
IMG_9968.JPG

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The best baseline I have is what I posted on the 142#.
Rev Auto did the tune and spends an enormous amount of time on tunes. Adam spent over 8hrs on mine. It's just not huge gains. We all expected more but that's what happens when I'm one of the first at the plate. I'm not sure of any Na dyno graph that doesn't plateau with the cj. They are known to make power and hold it across the rpm.
I've linked a graph from JPC that shows the same thing you mention being an issue.
Yea, I've seen that on the 11-14 Coyotes. IF VCT is tuned, in your case, then there is something there that is killing torque at the higher rpm. If its not a cam spec related power preventative, which I don't think it is, then I'd point to issues with VE tuning and or head flow. Considering the 15+ actually has really decent heads, it's tough to say. You could always ask your tuner.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Yea, I've seen that on the 11-14 Coyotes. IF VCT is tuned, in your case, then there is something there that is killing torque at the higher rpm. If its not a cam spec related power preventative, which I don't think it is, then I'd point to issues with VE tuning and or head flow. Considering the 15+ actually has really decent heads, it's tough to say. You could always ask your tuner.
I'm having a hard time understanding where you see low tq? I made more peak than the gt350 intake and carried more overall and longer than stock or gt350. intake.

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I'm having a hard time understanding where you see low tq? I made more peak than the gt350 intake and carried more overall and longer than stock or gt350. intake.
The torque drop I am referring to is up top. The loss of torque up top results in peak hp plateauing and or falling off. You make more torque up top, you make more hp. If you look at when torque starts to drop, it continues to fall all the way to peak power. Something is making VE drop off and the end result is torque dropping.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
This might help explain what I am getting at.
IMG_9878.jpg

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
This might help explain what I am getting at.
That tq drop is normal for the coyote especially at high rpm. The The spike was the dyno operator, he mentioned to me he did that with his foot and it wasn't the tune. There is no tq loss there. I know what you mean though, when I had an email tune back in 2015 with this car I gained 20tq just from going to a dyno tune and optimizing vct.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
That tq drop is normal for the coyote especially at high rpm. The The spike was the dyno operator, he mentioned to me he did that with his foot and it wasn't the tune. There is no tq loss there. I know what you mean though, when I had an email tune back in 2015 with this car I gained 20tq just from going to a dyno tune and optimizing vct.
I understand it's normal for a coyote at high rpm, what I was getting at is there is usually something on the engine that causes that, a lack of flow is usually the culprit. I'm wondering if you have reached the max flow of the stock heads or not enough cam. Your intake setup from filter to intake manifold flange can flow significant amounts of air and your exhaust setup can dish it out as well. Tuning VCT is a must on an engine with that technology and I know a lot of tuners get by without tuning VCT because its minimal power difference on a 15+ coyote with intake, headers, and exhaust. Only when an intake manifold change has been thrown into the mix does the VCT drastically changed. When doing these tuning tests myself, that's where I saw the most difference. Now, I have not tuned that particular intake cam, but I am willing to be it requires different VCT settings over the stock with more duration. If the issue was a VCT tuning issue, that's easily corrected. If it's a head flow or cam issues, that's another animal. How are your MAF flow numbers up top?

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I understand it's normal for a coyote at high rpm, what I was getting at is there is usually something on the engine that causes that, a lack of flow is usually the culprit. I'm wondering if you have reached the max flow of the stock heads or not enough cam. Your intake setup from filter to intake manifold flange can flow significant amounts of air and your exhaust setup can dish it out as well. Tuning VCT is a must on an engine with that technology and I know a lot of tuners get by without tuning VCT because its minimal power difference on a 15+ coyote with intake, headers, and exhaust. Only when an intake manifold change has been thrown into the mix does the VCT drastically changed. When doing these tuning tests myself, that's where I saw the most difference. Now, I have not tuned that particular intake cam, but I am willing to be it requires different VCT settings over the stock with more duration. If the issue was a VCT tuning issue, that's easily corrected. If it's a head flow or cam issues, that's another animal. How are your MAF flow numbers up top?
ok I see what you are saying. I know for a fact my cai is a restriction with my setup. I didn't know the maf housing and tune were so small.
Last I checked when I did he Lund tune Maf was 52lbs. Obviously this is skewed due to my bad weather here. I'll check again later. Until more results come out on these cams nobody will know. AED said my cam timing wasn't the same as his meaning my cam wasn't exactly like his. That's a comp cams issue. They assured me I wouldn't lose power from that though as the vct was there to compensate as well.
Another guy I know with same setup made identical numbers so it could be that I'm not alone no matter the tuner.

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
ok I see what you are saying. I know for a fact my cai is a restriction with my setup. I didn't know the maf housing and tune were so small.
Last I checked when I did he Lund tune Maf was 52lbs. Obviously this is skewed due to my bad weather here. I'll check again later. Until more results come out on these cams nobody will know. AED said my cam timing wasn't the same as his meaning my cam wasn't exactly like his. That's a comp cams issue. They assured me I wouldn't lose power from that though as the vct was there to compensate as well.
Another guy I know with same setup made identical numbers so it could be that I'm not alone no matter the tuner.
What intake do you have? I tuned a Boss manifold S550 with stock throttle body, Steeda CAI, 1 7/8" long tubes and with VCT tuning, it hit 52.18lbs at 7900rpm, no skewed numbers. This is a high number compared to other setups I have seen with GT350 intake manifold and CJ manifolds. These cars also have stock cams too. The difference being my tuning.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I'd also be curious how much ignition advance they are pushing when you are running e85.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Ported CJ . It's alll in Post 142. I'd have to check with this tune.
Under Lund it was 30.75 with 1 gal or E and a full tank of 93. That tune and same tank of gas made 463 the same day.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Ported CJ . It's alll in Post 142. I'd have to check with this tune.
Under Lund it was 30.75 with 1 gal or E and a full tank of 93. That tune and same tank of gas made 463 the same day.
You said you know for a fact that your CAI is a restriction on that setup. That's why I asked which one you have. Your post states you have the FRPP CAI, I don't think that intake is very restrictive???

Those ignition numbers sound correct on 93. Why were ya'll disappointed with the power it made?

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
You said you know for a fact that your CAI is a restriction on that setup. That's why I asked which one you have. Your post states you have the FRPP CAI, I don't think that intake is very restrictive???

Those ignition numbers sound correct on 93. Why were ya'll disappointed with the power it made?
Pmas put up some flow numbers a while back. While the frpp is better than the JLT some say it's still under 4 inches at the maf housing. I had it bored out to 4.150 but it's still lacking for what the manifold can do I believe.
We all just expected around 470s on 93 or higher. The car hauls ass now though.
Sponsored