HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ordered mine. Had zero help from the sales guy. For the little extra for the better leather I would have thought he would have advised me.
I don't understand when salespeople do things that takes money out of their pockets (assuming commission sales). If selling to a lot buyer, sure don't mention something you don't have but not try to up-sell special orders??? I'm a moderator at the Cadillac owners forum and there are more complaints from buyers about front lights than Mustang complaints about AC, DS vibrations and lack of hood struts combined, all because sales people didn't tell them the LEDs that wrap around from the bumper to over the front wheels aren't standard. For the lower two trims, those are just chrome strips inside the clear housing. When the car is off they look the same and you don't see them from inside the car. Some buyers didn't realize until they saw a family member drive off with the car. And many were pitchforks and torches mad. I have no ideas why so many salespeople never mentioned it.

upload_2019-7-15_5-45-4.png
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I don't understand when salespeople do things that takes money out of their pockets (assuming commission sales). If selling to a lot buyer, sure don't mention something you don't have but not try to up-sell special orders??? I'm a moderator at the Cadillac owners forum and there are more complaints from buyers about front lights than Mustang complaints about AC, DS vibrations and lack of hood struts combined, all because sales people didn't tell them the LEDs that wrap around from the bumper to over the front wheels aren't standard. For the lower two trims, those are just chrome strips inside the clear housing. When the car is off they look the same and you don't see them from inside the car. Some buyers didn't realize until they saw a family member drive off with the car. And many were pitchforks and torches mad. I have no ideas why so many salespeople never mentioned it.

A lot of it honestly comes down to many of the sales associates being uneducated on the available options. During a test drive, one told me that the exhaust sound was only linked to drive modes and couldn’t be changed independently when I noticed the option wasn’t available in the menus, the real reason it wasn’t available, of course, is that this particular Mustang didn’t have the active exhaust.
The “premier trim” option for the 15-17 seems to be a rare find for whatever reason... and it wasn’t even an expensive option iirc (like $300-400...?). I’m glad that it became standard in the 401a package for 18+ Mustangs.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Before 2018 the better leather was part of an option package called Premier Trim. In early 2016 it was $395 MSRP.
Option code 68B. Not all 401A's have it and usually special order not dealer stock.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I sat in both (I own a 400a) and there sure doesn't seem to be a difference in the leather heated/cooled seats of 400a and 401a. Where does Ford state 401a has better leather? I only see that as far as interior leather goes 401a has a padded and stitched center console while 400a does not.

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Not sure the difference but I went with 401A for the Digital Dash and Showstopper Red. Having better quality leather is a nice bonus if true but I haven't done an A to B.

I will say these are the most comfortable car seats I've ever had. The bolstering is just enough to feel great in the seat without being Recaro aggressive where they don't feel comfortable. The leather is soft and the padding is just enough to offer support but not too firm.

Honestly my favorite thing ever morning since I got the car a month ago is slipping into those seats. That's how much I love them. I'm 5'11 and 230 lbs weight lifter build if that helps you.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Option code 68B. Not all 401A's have it and usually special order not dealer stock.
That’s pre-2018 models. For 2018 and up, the premier trim is part of the 401a.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes

Yes I don't get it. They do work on commission so they had nothing to lose by trying to upsell me. That upsell would have been great

Now to get nice leather front seats will be $$$$$$$ darnit

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I think theres a company called Katzkin that sells leather for our cars.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I think theres a company called Katzkin that sells leather for our cars.
Even their's aren't full leather unless you pony up for it. Their standard is a mix of leather and vinyl but there leather is higher quality. I have thought about ordering a set of full leather; front, sides, backs, everything, to replace my 401A covers but I know it will be a little pricey.

Sponsored

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Even their's aren't full leather unless you pony up for it. Their standard is a mix of leather and vinyl but there leather is higher quality. I have thought about ordering a set of full leather; front, sides, backs, everything, to replace my 401A covers but I know it will be a little pricey.
If I'm doing it it will be full leather absolutely. I know there is a local company that installs Katzkin.

I'll report back

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s pre-2018 models. For 2018 and up, the premier trim is part of the 401a.
Didn't notice that with the euro mustang changeover.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't notice that with the euro mustang changeover.
I’m unaware of the differences with Euro vs NA packages, but for 2018+ NA Mustangs the premier trim is no longer available as a standalone option and has become part of the 201a and 401a packages.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m unaware of the differences with Euro vs NA packages, but for 2018+ NA Mustangs the premier trim is no longer available as a standalone option and has become part of the 201a and 401a packages.
I was referring to the redesign of the mustang 18+ to comply with the European rules which prompted the redesign.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was referring to the redesign of the mustang 18+ to comply with the European rules which prompted the redesign.
We’re talking about the Premier Trim package, correct? That was available on 15-17 models, it’s now part of the 201a/401a package on 18+ models in NA. Why would they maintain that as a standalone option in Europe to comply with standards?
Sponsored