OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
How did beta testing go for the spin on filter?
Unfortunately I haven’t modified the filter guide for spin-on folks, since printing prototypes would take away from printing time to fill current orders. I have all the measurements I need and I think I know how I’ll be able to accommodate the oil wrench. I’ll likely pick it back up in a few weeks before I open up orders to individual pieces.
Sponsored

L3D FOOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG 350R, 2010 Kona Blue GT500, 71 Bronco
Received mine too - they look amazing and can't wait to test them out.

@pilotgore made the transaction easy as could be!

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Unfortunately I haven’t modified the filter guide for spin-on folks, since printing prototypes would take away from printing time to fill current orders. I have all the measurements I need and I think I know how I’ll be able to accommodate the oil wrench. I’ll likely pick it back up in a few weeks before I open up orders to individual pieces.
If you develop one for us lowly spin on guys I will buy one!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
If you develop one for us lowly spin on guys I will buy one!
Sounds good. It’s definitely on my list of things to do, but it’ll be after I fulfill the current orders. Sorry for the delay, but stay tuned.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
A few updates to share:

1. I have finally worked through the backlog of members buying combo packs, and am now selling the pieces individually on a first come first served basis. So, if you'd like just the filter guide, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list. To date I've sent 25 sets into the wild, and the feedback has been great thus far! Pricing is as follows:
-$45 + Shipping for the oil filter guide
-$25 + Shipping for the pressure fit oil funnel
-$30 + Shipping for the twist to lock oil funnel (and because I'm immature I'm going
to refer to this funnel as the "screw and lube.")
-$65 + Shipping for the filter guide and pressure fit funnel

2. @Gearz was kind enough to lend his design skill to design a funnel that twists on and seals exactly like an oil cap (aka, the Screw and Lube). Click on the video below to see both funnels in action. They take oil as fast as you can get it out of the bottle.

3. @Gearz and I have been working on oil filter guide prototypes for the spin-on filter people. The first prototype is on the printer now and I think we'll have a polished model in the next week or so(assuming @THX 138 can test it out for me and vouch that it works on his car.). So, if you're in the spin on group and would like to be put on the waiting list, please send me a PM to reserve your place in line. @footnfan . . . I haven't forgotten about you. You're first in line!

Thanks again to my first 25 customers, and all of the people that have sent kind messages of support. This journey has been a lot of fun and I look forward to keeping the printer busy for as long as people want to buy these things!

IMG_5894.jpeg

1629250815817.png

IMG_6070.jpeg

Last edited:

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Awesome designs 👍🏻🏁PM sent

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just used my filter guide and funnel last night. Amazing! No more using the filter door and no more mess! Period! Wish I had taken pics but I was distracted as I got to use my Quikjack for the first time as well. Thanks again, Pilot!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Just used my filter guide and funnel last night. Amazing! No more using the filter door and no more mess! Period! Wish I had taken pics but I was distracted as I got to use my Quikjack for the first time as well. Thanks again, Pilot!
Thanks for the feedback, its very much appreciated!

Sponsored
OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Quick update:

I tried the spin-on oil guide prototype today on a 2016 GT350, and unfortunately I'm going to have to completely rethink how to make any kind of guide work with that setup. I wasn't anticipating how horrible the spin on filter situation really was until I put my hands on it. The angle of the oil filter is significantly different from canister setup.

For now, the plan is for another member and I to swap cars for a few weeks sometime this winter in order for me to be able to work through some prototyping. I went through 12 prototypes for the cartridge filter setup, and having the car in my garage with the front driver wheel off made the development process a lot easier.

Sorry to everyone who has a spin-on. . . I haven't given up, its just going to take a lot longer than expected to get back to it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, I’ll provide some feedback...

I’ve reached out to the creator of this device twice via PM and once through open forum chat, telling him multiple times thathis work is nice and that I’d like to invest in a combo set of his product, but alas, no response... and that has been over the past few weeks.

It may be a great product, but if the producer can’t at least address the interested party’s request to buy then it means nothing to the interested party.

Since we’re in a society of easily butthurt people, I’ll own that I publicly ranted here, but I shouldn’t have to beg someone 3 times to take my money and still not be acknowledged once.... damn shame.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Well, I’ll provide some feedback...

I’ve reached out to the creator of this device twice via PM and once through open forum chat, telling him multiple times thathis work is nice and that I’d like to invest in a combo set of his product, but alas, no response... and that has been over the past few weeks.

It may be a great product, but if the producer can’t at least address the interested party’s request to buy then it means nothing to the interested party.

Since we’re in a society of easily butthurt people, I’ll own that I publicly ranted here, but I shouldn’t have to beg someone 3 times to take my money and still not be acknowledged once.... damn shame.
Not taking away from your post ("public rant"). Indeed, your frustration understandable, but would offer that @pilotgore said in previous posts that he's at capacity. Had far more requests than anticipated. So, delayed responses are also understandable. I was lucky and received #3 with a nice thank you note. Was worth the wait, and he proved himself to be classy. Again, acknowledging the legitimacy of your frustration, but recommending to hang in there. Good luck.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.