350R Wheel Question

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I know I can just try this, but before I waste the effort...Does anyone know if the front wheel/tire combo on an R will fit on the rear? Asking because I have a spare front that I want to keep as a universal spare.

Thanks
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
it will poke out quite a bit. and not sure if you could even get lug nuts on w/ std rear studs...

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I know I can just try this, but before I waste the effort...Does anyone know if the front wheel/tire combo on an R will fit on the rear? Asking because I have a spare front that I want to keep as a universal spare.

Thanks
The answer depends on what you intend by the word "fit".

The good news is that a front wheel will fit the hub center and wheel studs and it'll clear the suspension and brakes.

Unfortunately, it'll stick out so far that the tire will hit the fender on a bump and you won't be able to put lug nuts on because the OEM rear studs are about an inch too short.

So, if you're planning to drive it after swapping front to rear, it won't work. But, if you've got long rear studs installed already and you're just using the front tire to prop up the car while it's stationary, it'll work fine.

OP
OP

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Thanks. Appreciate the help.
Sponsored