Sponsored

350 hp ecoboost?

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
no way it will make 350 hp stock. the 3.5 ecoboost TT only makes 365 hp stock. I agree with previous comments. it will make 310-320 hp fulfilling fords claim that it makes more then the 305 hp v6
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Its almost 1/2 way thru July...hoping that Ford releases the official numbers soon so we all don't have to keep speculating !!!!!!! :)

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Its almost 1/2 way thru July...hoping that Ford releases the official numbers soon so we all don't have to keep speculating !!!!!!! :)
Be prepared to wait at least another month... unfortunately...

PC4621

Threads
Reaction score
If this rumor is true then I would definitely choose this over the V8, and save a chunk of change in the process.

diverge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Corvette, 1986 SVO Mustang
Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll get a decent amount more HP with just a 3" downpipe and higher flowing exhaust, and improved intake filter/box. That's the beauty of turbo cars.

My 86 SVO probably had between 300-350hp w/ cam, bigger injectors, T3/T4 turbo, a K&N filter, 3" down pipe into 2.5" duals, and a bunch other mods. And it's stock HP was like 200hp.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll get a decent amount more HP with just a 3" downpipe and higher flowing exhaust, and improved intake filter/box. That's the beauty of turbo cars.

My 86 SVO probably had between 300-350hp w/ cam, bigger injectors, T3/T4 turbo, a K&N filter, 3" down pipe into 2.5" duals, and a bunch other mods. And it's stock HP was like 200hp.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
sadly that hasn't been the case on the 1.6 or 2.0 ecoboost. I think people pick up about 30-40whp with all of those mods + IC, and while good, it's a big chunk of change for not a huge gain.

torque gains are absurd though. tune only 2.0s are putting down 300lbft to the wheels.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
sadly that hasn't been the case on the 1.6 or 2.0 ecoboost. I think people pick up about 30-40whp with all of those mods + IC, and while good, it's a big chunk of change for not a huge gain.

torque gains are absurd though. tune only 2.0s are putting down 300lbft to the wheels.
I can only think of 3 words to describe the problem(in a nutshell, so to speak)... Integrated exhaust manifold.

That works great for the design, but it may truly hinder the aftermarket. That's purely a guess on my part, but knowing a thing or two about engines... air in... air out... if that part cannot be modified, it's almost bound to become a limiting factor at some point.

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
My Pontiac Solstice GXP with the GM 2.0 LNF motor is putting out 290HP & 310lb-ft at the wheels. Peak boost is about 20-21 PSI (this is with an aftermarket tune), about 145 HP/l.

Even if the 2.3EB mill makes the same power per liter as the LNF, it should produce 333 HP. I think that the actual figure will be closer to 350HP/350lb-ft, given that the EB is seven years newer and has more advanced tech than the LNF, like the twin scroll turbo.

Hot Rod went for a ride along in the EB Mustang on an AutoX course and saw 16-17 pounds of max boost. If this is indeed the max with the stock tune, I'll give it a couple of months tops before some tuner figures out how to get this into the 20s :-)

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
I can only think of 3 words to describe the problem(in a nutshell, so to speak)... Integrated exhaust manifold.

That works great for the design, but it may truly hinder the aftermarket. That's purely a guess on my part, but knowing a thing or two about engines... air in... air out... if that part cannot be modified, it's almost bound to become a limiting factor at some point.
the IEM isn't a problem by itself, its the IEM+undersized turbo. Great for reducing turbo lag, horrible for adding more air. Its a turbo car, exhaust upgrades give minimal gain compared to NA cars.

diverge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Corvette, 1986 SVO Mustang
Its a turbo car, exhaust upgrades give minimal gain compared to NA cars.
Actually it's the opposite. Turbo cars benefit from biggest exhaust you can fit on them. the less backpressure the better. Go too big on a NA car and you'll lose power.

Of course if you have a dinky turbo, the gains won't be as great as with a bigger one. But the bigger the exhaust (diameter) after the turbo, the better.

Sponsored

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Eh... I'm of the belief that it just doesn't matter how large the exhaust is if 2 conditions are met. #1, it isn't too restrictive. #2, it's not open to the point of burning the valves. These 2 qualifications fit w/ basically any kind of automotive engine.

That said, the integrated manifold will be too restrictive at some point and that will require plenty of work to "rectify" the problem. It's really that I think it will need to be opened on the outer end(if not more) to allow serious upgrades to do their part.

Engines are in their most basic description, air pumps... air in requires air out. The more you get in and out, the more power it can make(provided the fuel, etc. is proper).

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Considering probably .01% of new car buyers will still own the car at 300,000 miles no nobody here is worried
Eh, whatever floats your boat. I'm 33 years old; I plan on using my 2015 Mustang as a daily driver into my 70's if I live that long and self-driven gasoline cars are still a thing. Other than my current 2011 I bought new, every car I've ever had has been over 200K miles and been over 20 years old when I bought it. Different strokes, I suppose.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Eh, whatever floats your boat. I'm 33 years old; I plan on using my 2015 Mustang as a daily driver into my 70's if I live that long and self-driven gasoline cars are still a thing. Other than my current 2011 I bought new, every car I've ever had has been over 200K miles and been over 20 years old when I bought it. Different strokes, I suppose.
You've simply validated his point... until your 2011 Mustang, you only bought used, showing that those who buy new will have typically sold long before 300k, let alone 400k.

More validation too: You bought your 11 new and it won't be anywhere near 200k, let alone 300-400k when you sell it. That's just about 100% exactly what he was saying. ;)

PS... no way will you be daily driving a 2015 Mustang for the next 37+ years, even if you live that long and are completely healthy. It would be a monumental effort though, so go for it!:clap2:
Sponsored