3 year update

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've had my 17 GT for 3 years now after buying it new
Has been the best and most fun new car I've owned, and I've owned a lot
Done a few simple mods along the way, axle back, jacking rails, BMR CB005 kit, line lock enable ect
Great all round car, taken it to Sydney drags, does the unthinkable combination of going hard but not drinking heavily
Looks great, can be driven hard with confidence on tight roads, handles great, brakes are great
Nothing worth whinging about except the handbrake position sucks
100% reliable only issue was a dodgy puddle light
Every drive has been a true joy, Falcons were great and I had heaps of them but really felt like driving a old car compared to these
So after 3 years still having fun with it which is what it's all about to me
No plans on selling it
Sponsored

OP
OP
gj

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not located in Sydney but still in lockdown
Just not as insane as down there

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
You really would not like my Subaru Legacy parking brake.
Oh, it's an automatic and that is a hill-holder control next to it.

1630337882101.png

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I've had my 17 GT for 3 years now after buying it new
Has been the best and most fun new car I've owned, and I've owned a lot
Done a few simple mods along the way, axle back, jacking rails, BMR CB005 kit, line lock enable ect
Great all round car, taken it to Sydney drags, does the unthinkable combination of going hard but not drinking heavily
Looks great, can be driven hard with confidence on tight roads, handles great, brakes are great
100% reliable only issue was a dodgy puddle light
Every drive has been a true joy, Falcons were great and I had heaps of them but really felt like driving a old car compared to these
So after 3 years still having fun with it which is what it's all about to me
No plans on selling it
I agree this car never gets old and the joy never wanes. Im hitting 5 years next month with just over 53000km and I love it. For me its the best mental health care plan around and being a daily driver gives me a shot every day ๐Ÿฅฐ. Like you its a keeper ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค˜๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I agree this car never gets old and the joy never wanes. Im hitting 5 years next month with just over 53000km and I love it. For me its the best mental health care plan around and being a daily driver gives me a shot every day ๐Ÿฅฐ. Like you its a keeper ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค˜๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ
There is a reason why I call mine "the anti-depressant". :wink:

I have had mine for over four years now, nothing on the market interests me enough to sell the Mustang for. Will I keep it forever, maybe not, but as it stands, I still get so much joy from this car and I don't see that ending any time soon.

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I have had mine 3.5 years and every time I drive it is an absolute joy and I love the colour.
However have made decision to let it go. The only reason is had an op last year and I am very careful where/how I drive now and I want the safety items, AEB, Blind spot monitoring, lane keeping assis and adaptive cruise control. My daily, a Jeep GC, has the BSM and Adaptive cruise and I miss them. If it were possible to retro fit these items I would. Anyway am trading up to a 21MY white vert which is the best I could do as not a lot of choice ATM. Was told if order today would be a minimum of 6 months possibly blowing out to a year and I hope to get the new one in 3 - 4 weeks.

Have installed the Ford Performance strut brace, Steeda 2 point lower brace, spare wheel kit, stubby aerial and SmartTop. The new one will have all these plus jacking rails and one of the rear suspension packages to tie it down

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Like POJ1 also 3 years next month. Absolutely love this car but due to lockdown have not been able to drive it as often nor as far as I would have liked. A number of subtle mods but all look like could be factory.

Sponsored

GaleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gale
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Great to hear it has been a very reliable ride for you! Congrats

Reactions: gj