N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by experts not to go above 4.09.
And even a 4.09 in the MT82 D4 isn't as aggressive as the 15-17 MT82 with 3.31's. Good job FORD :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
L0566Bullitt

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Ill add my two cents and not saying IM right or wrong here just what I have been told. The 18-20 mustang gts. I have been told by a fairly big dyno tuner shouldn't be taken above 4.09. anything above that causes issues. Bullitt is same car basically with same engine so I sure same thing applies This is from a tuner that only does mustangs and no other cars. In reference the new calibration tune from ford performance will only allow up to 4.09 gear changes on the 18-20. Im sure for a reason. LOng story short in all my research into the 18-20 gears I was told by experts not to go above 4.09. I know people most likely have and some how figured what ever out but my guess is your gearing is not only messing with the spedo and that stuff but is also throwing the nannies out of wack as they all require calculations and set numbers to work and the gear change has thrown the whole system into a melt down now that nothing computes.

I would maybe take a long shot and fire off an email to ford performance tech line and see if they have any ideas. They should know the car better then anyone.
Good to know, thanks for sharing. Now I'm concerned I made a huge mistake with 4.88s. Didn't even think about these ECM issues. I've swapped gears in multiple other Ford vehicles without a problem so just assumed I'd be good. Guess that's what I get for ASSuming:facepalm:

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
:facepalm:

Good to know, thanks for sharing. Now I'm concerned I made a huge mistake with 4.88s. Didn't even think about these ECM issues. I've swapped gears in multiple other Ford vehicles without a problem so just assumed I'd be good. Guess that's what I get for ASSuming:facepalm:
these new systems are all based on known parameters once you mess with one... I miss the days when changing a gear was just changing a gear and didnt require advanced programming skills LOL

I hope you get it figured out let us know. I would deff try hitting up ford performance and then some of the dedicated tuners first before going though the expense of removing it.

OP
OP
L0566Bullitt

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Yes please do that.
Here are all the DTCs I'm getting, minus the Left and Right SODC modules since I disabled the sensors in Forescan:

A lot of them are very general and the description is pretty much useless/unhelpful.

===PCM DTC P0630:00-AF===
Code: P0630 - VIN Not Programmed or Incompatible - ECM/PCM

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===END PCM DTC P0630:00-AF===

===PCM DTC P086E:00-AC===
Code: P086E - Neutral Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent/Erratic

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request

===END PCM DTC P086E:00-AC===

===PCM DTC P095B:00-EC===
Code: P095B - Gear Shift Position Circuit C Range/Performance

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
- Test not complete

===END PCM DTC P095B:00-EC===

===PCM DTC U0422:00-2F===
Code: U0422 - Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module

- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

===END PCM DTC U0422:00-2F===

===OBDII DTC P0630-C===
Code: P0630 - VIN Not Programmed or Incompatible - ECM/PCM

- Confirmed - malfunction is confirmed

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC P0630-C===

===PAM DTC U0401:00-2B===
Code: U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A

Module: Parking Aid Module

===END PAM DTC U0401:00-2B===

===ABS DTC U0401:00-AB===
Code: U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A

Module: Antilock braking system

Freeze Frame :
-GLOBTIM: 29231491 s - Global real time
-TOTDIST: 3227.0 km - Total Distance
-MAINECUV: 14.00 V - Main ECU voltage supply
-OUTTMP: 28 °C - External Temperature From Sensor
-POWER_MODE: Running - Power Mode Status
-ABS: Inactive - ABS
-AYC: Inactive - AYC
-BTCS: Inactive - BTCS -201D
-HDC: Inactive - HDC
-RSC: Inactive - RSC
-BTC: Inactive - BTC
-VAC_BST_ST: Inactive - Active Vacuum Booster State
-BST_REL_SW: Inactive - Booster Release Switch State
-HYD_PMP_ST: Inactive - Hydraulic Pump State
-VPWR_ABS: 13.90 V - Module supply voltage
-VSS: 29.0 km/h - Vehicle Speed
===END ABS DTC U0401:00-AB===

===VDM DTC U0447:68-2F===
Code: U0447 - Invalid Data Received From Serial Data Gateway A

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Event Information

Module: Vehicle Dynamics Module

Freeze Frame :
-TOTDIST: 3242.0 km - Total Distance
-VDM_Supply_V: 13.00 V - VDM Supply Voltage
-VDM_Ext_Temp: 25 °C - External Temperature
-POWER_MODE: Running - Power Mode Status
===END VDM DTC U0447:68-2F===

===IPC DTC U0533:56-0A===
Code: U0533 - Invalid Data Received From Side Obstacle Detection Control Module A

- Invalid/Incompatible Configuration

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

===END IPC DTC U0533:56-0A===

===IPC DTC U0534:56-0A===
Code: U0534 - Invalid Data Received From Side Obstacle Detection Control Module B

- Invalid/Incompatible Configuration

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

===END IPC DTC U0534:56-0A===

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
@L0566Bullitt have you also considered they may have messed up some wiring somewhere during the install? my buddies car gave him all kinds of warning and engine lights and things wrong and found out one harness was loose that was all it was. I mean that gear change is a job lots of stuff that cold have clipped a wire or sensor or something?

Sponsored

OP
OP
L0566Bullitt

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@L0566Bullitt have you also considered they may have messed up some wiring somewhere during the install? my buddies car gave him all kinds of warning and engine lights and things wrong and found out one harness was loose that was all it was. I mean that gear change is a job lots of stuff that cold have clipped a wire or sensor or something?
Yup, I'm definitely suspicious of that. Calling them Monday to ask what all they unplugged/where they worked.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. All those aside, looks like it needs a completely new shift schedule for the 4.88's. GLWT.
regarding the P0630 all I'll say is that If the VIN displayed on your scanner does NOT match the VIN tag, the PCM has been swapped from another vehicle.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Wow. All those aside, looks like it needs a completely new shift schedule for the 4.88's. GLWT.
regarding the P0630 all I'll say is that If the VIN displayed on your scanner does NOT match the VIN tag, the PCM has been swapped from another vehicle.
Right , I dont know enough about the technical of cars but I was um why does the vin not match just because of a gear swap? that seemed strange to me too. But I figured was something I just didnt understand...

Edit: I went and read a bit and it says several things can cause this code the data on the pcm is corrupt and needs to be calibrated and also if a pcm reset was done in service mode of forscan can cause this. so does not necessarily mean someones tampered with removing the ecm.

OP
OP
L0566Bullitt

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Right , I dont know enough about the technical of cars but I was um why does the vin not match just because of a gear swap? that seemed strange to me too. But I figured was something I just didnt understand...

Edit: I went and read a bit and it says several things can cause this code the data on the pcm is corrupt and needs to be calibrated and also if a pcm reset was done in service mode of forscan can cause this. so does not necessarily mean someones tampered with removing the ecm.
Good to know, thank you!

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
If this helps any I spoke with FP on the phone when I was going though the same problems. He said he had there with him FP program engineer. I had him to ask the engineer if a Ford dealer [ because I had already asked a few ] had anyway to fix it and he said no, I also ask if the new calibration tune [ at the time they said would be out in April ] would fix the problems, he said no, it would not work with the Bullitt,
only the GT's. He said I would have to do some kind of aftermarket tune to fix it, and it would void my warranty. You may want to talk with them again, maybe something changed.

I know what you going though, I was thinking the same thing, what did I do wrong, did I not plug something up or is it not making contact. After going over everything, even the active ex. plugs I decided
everything was good. The only thing you have to unplug is the active ex, and oil temp, remove the speed sensors at the axles [ you don't unplug them ]. After about a month of hitting ok about 5 times every time I got in it and no drive modes I gave up on it, cleared the codes again, I put the 3.73 back, everything worked just fine, like new again.

I know the Bullitt is weird when it comes to changing the gear. I changed gears in my 2018 F 150 and 2019 GT350 with no problems.

Sponsored
OP
OP
L0566Bullitt

L0566Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
If this helps any I spoke with FP on the phone when I was going though the same problems. He said he had there with him FP program engineer. I had him to ask the engineer if a Ford dealer [ because I had already asked a few ] had anyway to fix it and he said no, I also ask if the new calibration tune [ at the time they said would be out in April ] would fix the problems, he said no, it would not work with the Bullitt,
only the GT's. He said I would have to do some kind of aftermarket tune to fix it, and it would void my warranty. You may want to talk with them again, maybe something changed.

I know what you going though, I was thinking the same thing, what did I do wrong, did I not plug something up or is it not making contact. After going over everything, even the active ex. plugs I decided
everything was good. The only thing you have to unplug is the active ex, and oil temp, remove the speed sensors at the axles [ you don't unplug them ]. After about a month of hitting ok about 5 times every time I got in it and no drive modes I gave up on it, cleared the codes again, I put the 3.73 back, everything worked just fine, like new again.

I know the Bullitt is weird when it comes to changing the gear. I changed gears in my 2018 F 150 and 2019 GT350 with no problems.
Man that really sucks. Appreciate the info though!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

It probably has unique torque tables since the engine output is just a little bit higher than the regular GT. I'm fairly certain this is the issue. When the computer sees the out of range wheel torque value it freaks out and shuts everything down.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It probably has unique torque tables since the engine output is just a little bit higher than the regular GT.
Bingo.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Sounds exactly like what happens when you put the a mustang on the dyno.

I thought the rear wheels were setup to spin a certain ratio with the front. Nothing to do with torque and power tables.

when I dyno’d my GT350 I basically had every light on the dashboard. Also keep in mind, OP has said nothing about power loss. Said it’s nuts and feels like a proper 500+ hp car.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
The car shouldn’t have any errors in neutral after a battery reset. The car should go into gear and until it moves shouldn’t have any clue gears have been installed
You are right, as for mine if I cleared codes with Forscan or battery reset, I could start the car with no issues. But after about 100 ft in 1st gear I'd get cross traffic default, hit ok, then you get bliss default, hit ok, then it was hill side assist not available, you couldn't change drive modes, I can't remember what else, after you hit the road and get to about 30-40 mph the wrench would pop up in the dash. I couldn't tell any
loss in HP, car seem to run just fine. It would do the same thing after each reset. If that tells anyone anything, I am not a computer guy. lol

Will see if the OP car is doing about the same thing. Hope he gets it fixed with the tune.
Sponsored