3.5L ecoboost turbo's on the 3.7L

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
^ Good info. Is MPT tuning your 15-16 Procharged V6 for 93 or E85 and is that at 12 PSI?
Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
The kit includes adapter plates to make it easy to mount F-150 3.5 Ecoboost exhaust manifolds to the heads. Without these adapters, the manifolds do not fit. Also includes all the NPT and AN fittings, braided stainless steel hose assemblies for coolant and oil supply and return and the hardware to mount to EcoBoost exhaust manifolds. Detailed instructions with photos included.

The junkyards and salvage yards are full of F-150 Ecoboost 3.5 turbos and exhaust manifolds, and these components are usually very inexpensive, you can often get both turbos and both manifolds for less than $500.

Then you need a good intercooler and the air induction tubing/hoses, a simple manual boost controller, bigger injectors and tuning and you have it covered. You do not need to run an oil cooler unless you want to and if you do, they are cheap in the junkyards.

This should be as easy on a 15-15 as it would be on a 11-14, well. probably even easier since you don't have to account for the MAF since 15-16s use a MAP sensor instead. And, just so you know, you can run the stock 1-BAR MAP with forced induction, we've been doing it on our car for a year at 12PSI with the ProCharger. A 2-BAR would be better but it can be run on the stock MAP. Also, the compression ratio of the 3.5 EcoBoost is 10:1, the 3.7's are 10.5:1, so 8-12 PSI is not a problem with good tuning.

MPT is getting into tuning of forced induction 15-16 models with our ProCharged car and right after that tuning, they are tuning the first EcoBoost turbo swapped 11-14 3.7.

Do you happen to have any vidoe of that i have all ready seen a 3.5 ecoboost swap in a 13 v6 mustang

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
What kind of dyno numbers does this conversion produce? How is the reliability?
Numbers should be similar to that of the 3.5 EB engine, and as for reliability.. procharged v6 mustangs have proven to be super reliable so with products by Ford itself, I would expect nothing less

OP
OP

Osie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Psy-Clone" S550
I was following a thread from "allfordmustangs" forum the other day with a 3.5l ecoboost engine motor swap for a 2010 S197 mustang, looked like a major pain in the ass, given that he's sunk in close to 20k on it, I'm really liking this alternative, and might be cheaper than the procharger, we just have to wait for tuning, reliable ones. [MENTION=21637]st00pid[/MENTION]fast has tuned a few v6 turbo mustangs with the 3.7l especially the one with twin turbos by JMPerformance and seems to make good power maybe they can also be contacted for this kit.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Would you guys do the install on this kit? and tuning?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
This is getting exciting!!! Cant wait to see results!

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Oh yes price numbers just what I wanted to see. I have been wondering what the price estimate would be. I am really excited for the results as I want to procharge or ecoboost. Do keep us posted.

x550ciLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 6MT
Seriously considering this... 2.5k right in my range, was about to drop 7.5k on a procharger now maybe not.....

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
There's a guy on allfordmustangs.com (if I recall correctly..might have been another forum) who is doing a 3.5 ecoboost swap into an S197.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
The 3.5 turbos are not much boost at all. A stock 3.5 is only under about 8lbs of boost. How much boost is the procharger running? And did they replace the MAP sensor to handle boost readings?

Hell if this kit is sub $1000 which I highly doubt, I might just attempt it.
Stock boost is 13-14 PSI.

The main problem with using the Eco's turbos is that they're sized for bottom end. In this platform, you really don't want the power falling off at 4,500 RPM. I'd advise running a set of aftermarket turbos. Full-Race offers a set for around 2k, and are sized for power up to 6k RPM.

I have a FBO eco in my truck making 400/550 at the wheels, and love it. The low end is perfect there, but not so much in this setup.
Sponsored