23 S550 Tracking Thread

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
I got the 45 day supply chain issues email. Then later the same day the email my car is built. A day later an email that says car is shipped.
Sponsored

Troy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
Well I finally got an email from Ford. It's the "supply chain issues are slowing things down" notice. Like I said...I'm in no rush as long as I get it by Spring time.
My order date was Oct 13. The only thing I’ve received is the “supply chain” email at 45 days. I’m like you, not in a hurry during the middle of winter. But it would be nice to know a little more. I texted my sales rep this morning just to see if he could narrow down what the delays are.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
My order date was Oct 13. The only thing I’ve received is the “supply chain” email at 45 days. I’m like you, not in a hurry during the middle of winter. But it would be nice to know a little more. I texted my sales rep this morning just to see if he could narrow down what the delays are.
Not sure what type of dealer you ordered at, but I specifically chose one that didn't really sell Mustangs. The reason I did that is because they didn't have anyone besides me ordering a Mustang, and therefore if they got an allocation (which they did), my order would occur quickly. There could be a few people at your dealership who have an order for a Mustang, the dealer could just not be lucky yet when it comes to an allocation, etc.

At the same time I ordered two Ford Mavericks several months ago, and have heard nothing. So honestly its just a lottery of who gets lucky it seems. Everyone should get their Mustang built however I believe.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I received an email last night saying my 23 Mach 1 build schedule moved from 1/2/23 to 1/16/23. I'm probably looking at early March for delivery.

Sponsored

Troy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure what type of dealer you ordered at, but I specifically chose one that didn't really sell Mustangs. The reason I did that is because they didn't have anyone besides me ordering a Mustang, and therefore if they got an allocation (which they did), my order would occur quickly. There could be a few people at your dealership who have an order for a Mustang, the dealer could just not be lucky yet when it comes to an allocation, etc.

At the same time I ordered two Ford Mavericks several months ago, and have heard nothing. So honestly its just a lottery of who gets lucky it seems. Everyone should get their Mustang built however I believe.
[/QUOTE

Yeah I don’t know about any of that. They have two dealerships in the KC metro area. I haven’t seen any new mustangs on their lot. They have a gt350 and a Mach 1. Both used. He did tell me about extended time on the Maverick. And he did tell me 6-8 months when I ordered. Probably wouldn’t think much about it if I hadn’t decided to follow this forum. I had no idea you could follow the process so closely.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Yeah I don’t know about any of that. They have two dealerships in the KC metro area. I haven’t seen any new mustangs on their lot. They have a gt350 and a Mach 1. Both used. He did tell me about extended time on the Maverick. And he did tell me 6-8 months when I ordered. Probably wouldn’t think much about it if I hadn’t decided to follow this forum. I had no idea you could follow the process so closely.
Honestly, this forum probably doesn't help people whatsoever with patience. If I was in your same shoes, I would be going crazy (not a very patient person when it comes to things I want). Hopefully you get some news soon. I will say they seem to be a bit delayed with the emails, as I didn't get my built/shipped till three days after.

Last edited:

Goz63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 dually, 2018 F150 KR, 2023 Mustang GT

Troy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
The article also states they are having supply chain issues with getting parts. Makes sense to me when I get an email saying supply chain issue are slowing things down. What parts exactly, who knows.

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
If your sales rep is giving you the run-around, you can also track the status of your order via the chat feature on https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/ . Just have your order number and sales code handy. If you really haven't been scheduled yet, I would be very surprised, as MY23 orders from that early have been being scheduled pretty much all this December and into Jan'23.

Depending on what you find out, might definitely want to start considering a different option. Hoping you get some good news soon

Troy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, I’ll do that. I texted the sales rep today and never heard back, which has been the trend.

Troy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
A2D1D98A-5511-4D77-BB26-6C56D503ACDC.jpeg
Spoke to them this morning and this is the info he gave me. So I guess still waiting.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Also thought this was interesting.
6E171841-6F81-4C46-ABFF-AE34BC9BB5EF.jpeg
Well, since all assembly lines are closed down next week that’s a pretty safe statement.
Sponsored