22 S550 Tracking Thread

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Is the recommendation to do the first oil change at 500 miles ??

I thought it was more than that.
no where is it recommendation to change your oil at 500 miles. Its once a year or 5-7k miles depending on how you drive the car. Personally I change the oil when the car says so and if my engine blows up Ford can pay the bill.
Sponsored

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Hi All...just a check in...Am I the only one left that has not been scheduled for MY23? I was a 22 no go and my order was converted. I know my dealer sucks but I don't have a lot of options close by. Just wanted to see if anyone else is still waiting and if anyone can take a stab at the next scheduling week date? Thanks my favorite support group!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hi All...just a check in...Am I the only one left that has not been scheduled for MY23? I was a 22 no go and my order was converted. I know my dealer sucks but I don't have a lot of options close by. Just wanted to see if anyone else is still waiting and if anyone can take a stab at the next scheduling week date? Thanks my favorite support group!
Possibly next week for scheduling since the following week is Thanksgiving? The plant is supposed to switch over to 2023 production the week after Thanksgiving last I saw.

Fedj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 SVO, 1995 Mstng GT, 2020 Edge ST, 22 Mstng GT
I changed my Fiesta St oil at 118 miles. again at 500 and again at 1500. The only reason i'm waiting until 500 is this car has 10 quarts of oil and is supposed to go 10k between oil changes, so its still really early. My 2 cents is that clean oil never hurt a car. New engine there are going to be metal shavings in it from the machining process. I would certainly hope the oil filter would catch all of it. Reasonable arguments can be made for no need to break in and the need to. = I'm no expert, but seems to me that it can't hurt. Ever see or hear of identical cars and one is inexplicably faster? Maybe how you Break in the engine is the difference.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
That would be kind of wild if you weren`t scheduled yet. I put a order in last month and already scheduled for production.

Usually its on Thursdays

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Finally ran the white flag up on my MY23 build scheduled for the week of 12/12. Went out Saturday and bought a new MY22 that had been deeply discounted. Wasn’t my first choice of colors but it’s growing on me.

Purplehaze, I believe you and I were the last two still trying after not getting our MY22’s scheduled. You need a new dealer! It’s as easy as that. I know Ourisman in VA can get yours built if buildable at all. So you pay to have it shipped to you or take a road trip to pick it up. At least you would have your new ride and done with 5his. Good luck.
24E1E87C-9E13-4474-82D6-E048F6859F68.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Went out Saturday and bought a new MY22 that had been deeply discounted.
congrats. can you post the deal sheet or the top-line discount figures? It'll help others wanting to get a similar or better deal.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
MSRP $53485
PP $48988

Not the best deal in the world but acceptable. The real draw was this has absolutely every option I was adamant about such as the 3:55LS and Security System. I now have a whole 108 miles on it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Purplehaze, I believe you and I were the last two still trying after not getting our MY22’s scheduled. You need a new dealer! It’s as easy as that.
FWIW 3 purple 6MT GTs at Ourisman - some look like custom orders though so may not be technically available for sale.

And a '21 Silver GT w/ Recaro they need gone. It has the extra 10 HP :) and avoids all those price increases Ford baked into the MY22.
Jason says they are tired of looking at the silver car in the showroom, and will write 10% below MSRP (plus doc fee of $899 which nets out to 8.2% below MSRP) on it.

(48650 - 4865 + 899) / 48650 = 0.9185%
PS. you can get a little more if you're serious.

Last edited:

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
Finally ran the white flag up on my MY23 build scheduled for the week of 12/12. Went out Saturday and bought a new MY22 that had been deeply discounted. Wasn’t my first choice of colors but it’s growing on me.

Purplehaze, I believe you and I were the last two still trying after not getting our MY22’s scheduled. You need a new dealer! It’s as easy as that. I know Ourisman in VA can get yours built if buildable at all. So you pay to have it shipped to you or take a road trip to pick it up. At least you would have your new ride and done with 5his. Good luck.
24E1E87C-9E13-4474-82D6-E048F6859F68.jpeg
Love your car!!! I've started looking as well. There's a nice one in CT that is almost identical to mine except for the color. Seriously considering pulling the trigger.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Love your car!!! I've started looking as well. There's a nice one in CT that is almost identical to mine except for the color. Seriously considering pulling the trigger.
Any option other than your current dealer is a better option. There’s just no reason you shouldn’t be scheduled still.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
Any option other than your current dealer is a better option. There’s just no reason you shouldn’t be scheduled still.
You are absolutely right. I found a 2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium that looks pretty nice.....Going to look at it and see if it's my car! Love the color!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You are absolutely right. I found a 2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium that looks pretty nice.....Going to look at it and see if it's my car! Love the color!
Good luck! That is a cool color for sure. I really like all the Grabber colors.
Sponsored