22 S550 Tracking Thread

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Oof! Godspeed. I wonder if the international deliveries are a bit more scheduled and predictable on their end - based on when what ships are going to be in port and whatnot.
All feels a bit haphazard at this point, though, does it not?
Australian orders seem to be getting cancelled atm. Even those with a VIN assigned. I was originally scheduled for segmentation on September 12th and had a VIN assigned. That was pushed back to October 3rd and now pushed again to October 17th. Either way it doesn't look like I will get a car this year. It hurts to get to the week before segmentation and they move the date and then move it again 1 week later. Fingers still crossed it's not cancelled. If it switches to MY23 I will likely not see a car until Feb/March at the earliest I'd imagine.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Australian orders seem to be getting cancelled atm. Even those with a VIN assigned. I was originally scheduled for segmentation on September 12th and had a VIN assigned. That was pushed back to October 3rd and now pushed again to October 17th. Either way it doesn't look like I will get a car this year. It hurts to get to the week before segmentation and they move the date and then move it again 1 week later. Fingers still crossed it's not cancelled. If it switches to MY23 I will likely not see a car until Feb/March at the earliest I'd imagine.
šŸ¤ž you get it built as I thought Ford cancelled the MY23 for Australia

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
šŸ¤ž you get it built as I thought Ford cancelled the MY23 for Australia
From what I've seen the cancelled MY22's are being reordered as MY23. Officially on the Ford Australia website it says all new orders are closed for Mustang until current orders have been fulfilled. Maybe that means 23's to existing order holders but no new orders?

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Iā€™m curious as to why you say that about a late MY22. If they roll off the line a few weeks apart, the warranty expirations are virtually identical and the MY22 and MY23 cars are basically the same, just have different years attached to their name. Not knocking what youā€™re saying, just trying to understand where youā€™re coming from. Hopefully no offense taken.
No offense taken. From my experience in the auto business I can tell you that the MY22 will be considered a year old as soon as the MY23 start rolling off the line, even though they may only be days old. In a NORMAL market the depreciation will hit it right away. It will hit the MY23 also but just not as bad. In the CURRENT market all bets are off. I have a MY22 Camry that I bought new in January that I am selling to a dealer tomorrow for more than I paid for it even after putting 6K miles on it! Could do the same with a new Mustang in this market but we all know this market will not last forever.

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Yes it has been produced not "built". I do not get emails directly from Ford, my dealership does. I just have to rely on the tracker for updates (unfortunately). Produced and not yet released. Anyone know what the reason for the hold up could be? Is it a parts shortage?

Seems like a couple mustangs on here are stuck in the same situation with no answers.
Yep, Iā€™m stuck in the exact same situation. Produced as of 9/12. Original ETA was 9/27-10/3. Def not happening since it still hasnā€™t updated to ā€œbuilt.ā€ Ecoboost base, black accent, 101A and active exhaust.

Sponsored

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Yep, Iā€™m stuck in the exact same situation. Produced as of 9/12. Original ETA was 9/27-10/3. Def not happening since it still hasnā€™t updated to ā€œbuilt.ā€ Ecoboost base, black accent, 101A and active exhaust.
I am beginning to think the active exhaust is the common factor in produced not released

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
No offense taken. From my experience in the auto business I can tell you that the MY22 will be considered a year old as soon as the MY23 start rolling off the line, even though they may only be days old. In a NORMAL market the depreciation will hit it right away. It will hit the MY23 also but just not as bad. In the CURRENT market all bets are off. I have a MY22 Camry that I bought new in January that I am selling to a dealer tomorrow for more than I paid for it even after putting 6K miles on it! Could do the same with a new Mustang in this market but we all know this market will not last forever.
The second hand market in Australia is a joke atm in relation to Mustangs. I've ordered an ecoboost and the out the door on road cost is about $61k AUD for the auto version. IF you can actually find one second hand, the are selling for between $67k and $70k. Some are 4 or 5 years old.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
I have had that same experience with the first new car I purchased. 1985 Jeep (2 miles on the odometer) in March of 1986. Because the 1986 models were out at that time, the only financing I could get was "used car" even though I was buying the car from a Jeep dealership. The dealership had probably 20 "used" new Jeeps at that time. My last conversation with my salesman was concerning this very issue. I ordered in late March, the car has been sitting at the factory "built" (although the tracking website has not been updated since late August), and no one can either tell me that Ford is waiting for a chip or why the car has not yet been shipped.

I was in Louisville twice this summer and saw several lots of F-150s built and waiting for chips.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Same here.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
I am beginning to think the active exhaust is the common factor in produced not released
My order doesn't have active exhaust, but is stuck in limbo land.

Sponsored

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
Welp it's now the day after my delivery week and still no vehicle. No email from Ford with a new window. I emailed the dealer two weeks ago and they never responded either.

Gotta say the communication in general is pretty terrible. Gonna have to make some calls tomorrow.

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GBM HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Dealer just texted. Looks like my tracking journey is almost over. Said it should be ready by this evening.

IMG_20220926_104309.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Dealer just texted. Looks like my tracking journey is almost over. Said it should be ready by this evening.

IMG_20220926_104309.jpg
Congrats! GBM is clearly the fastest color, I think it adds about 20hp šŸ˜‚

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
man sometimes i wonder if i should've gotten a hpp. love the way those things look.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10

IMG_20220926_104309.jpg
They say every time you start your car, a future mustang owner stuck "In Production" cries.

Dealer is going to call later and say they didn't pull the ramps all the way out before backing the car off
Sponsored