22 S550 Tracking Thread

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
And keep in mind @stangjp50 that no one is saying it's a bad thing to get an inventory Mustang. I'm fairly certain I speak for EVERYONE here that if our exact build were available on a lot - we'd be driving it right now. lol
Amen to that!
Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
So what does the total turnaround time look like for those waiting for their cars? Like 5 months? Wondering when I should order. At this point it seems like at least 6 months wait if ordering a 23 today unless conditions significantly improve.
I've had 2 cars built in 3 months. waiting on the 2nd. depending on when your order is placed and its priority the wait could be anywhere between 2-3months if you have a high priority.

the first was placed the day before the next and the first and the second is running about 3-4 weeks behind the first one.

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GBM HPP Ecoboost Mustang
I don't mean to brag or anything, but mine has been "in transit" longer than the order track's documented longest wait. šŸ˜Ž (I know he bases these stats on several factors so I'm not sure if that's the ACTUAL longest wait, but this is still stupid).

Screenshot_20220924-184829~2.png

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I was on my fall drive the past couple of weeks and missed some things Iā€™m sure. I saw on Blue Oval that there is no MY22 scheduling next week for Nov. So:
ā€”Has anyone been scheduled for MY22 in November?
ā€”Are there still some who ordered MY22 and have not been scheduled?

Hope all the old-timers here not yet scheduled get scheduled SOON!!! šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž.If not MY22, hope they roll all of them to the first builds for MY23. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
I was on my fall drive the past couple of weeks and missed some things Iā€™m sure. I saw on Blue Oval that there is no MY22 scheduling next week for Nov. So:

Hope all the old-timers here not yet scheduled get scheduled SOON!!! šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž.If not MY22, hope they roll all of them to the first builds for MY23. šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž
I'm still not scheduled. Ordered 6/24. Been a priority 02 for a month. Fingers crossed for ANYTHING soon!

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury

They took the MY22 line item off of the scheduling manifest weeks ago now. Nothing on there anymore except the MY23. My MY22 order went ā€œunscheduled cleanā€. I have since went to another dealer and did a MY23 order on the day the order bank opened. Based on how long some of the people waited and still werenā€™t scheduled I think it was more of a lack of allocation problem. Damn shame how long some of these people waited but, when there is no transparency in the system itā€™s really hard to figure where the blame should lay.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Definitely seems to be a dealer allocation issue throughout. Maybe theyā€™re keeping their flexibility for the MY22 for first half of November. Get ā€˜ā€˜em made Ford.
They took the MY22 line item off of the scheduling manifest weeks ago now. Nothing on there anymore except the MY23. My MY22 order went ā€œunscheduled cleanā€. I have since went to another dealer and did a MY23 order on the day the order bank opened. Based on how long some of the people waited and still werenā€™t scheduled I think it was more of a lack of allocation problem. Damn shame how long some of these people waited but, when there is no transparency in the system itā€™s really hard to figure where the blame should lay.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Definitely seems to be a dealer allocation issue throughout. Maybe theyā€™re keeping their flexibility for the MY22 for first half of November. Get ā€˜ā€˜em made Ford.
Thereā€™s still probably another eight weeks of production time out there to get these orders hopefully built. Just doesnā€™t matter to me anymore. I wouldnā€™t take a MY22 rolling off the the assembly line just days before the MY23 start rolling off the same line. But I do hope those that it really matters to get their cars and soon!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thereā€™s still probably another eight weeks of production time out there to get these orders hopefully built. Just doesnā€™t matter to me anymore. I wouldnā€™t take a MY22 rolling off the the assembly line just days before the MY23 start rolling off the same line. But I do hope those that it really matters to get their cars and soon!
Iā€™m curious as to why you say that about a late MY22. If they roll off the line a few weeks apart, the warranty expirations are virtually identical and the MY22 and MY23 cars are basically the same, just have different years attached to their name. Not knocking what youā€™re saying, just trying to understand where youā€™re coming from. Hopefully no offense taken.

Sponsored

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m curious as to why you say that about a late MY22. If they roll off the line a few weeks apart, the warranty expirations are virtually identical and the MY22 and MY23 cars are basically the same, just have different years attached to their name. Not knocking what youā€™re saying, just trying to understand where youā€™re coming from. Hopefully no offense taken.
I'm thinking it's the same car too with a different year label attached. My dealer basically told me it will roll over to a 23 if it times out and it may come with some more incentives for my trouble of waiting. Who knows, maybe it will be worth the trouble! Rolling the dice here, fingers crossed!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm thinking it's the same car too with a different year label attached. My dealer basically told me it will roll over to a 23 if it times out and it may come with some more incentives for my trouble of waiting. Who knows, maybe it will be worth the trouble! Rolling the dice here, fingers crossed!
Hopefully you get some incentives if it rolls to 23, especially since youā€™ve been a priority 2 for so long. I get the allocation system but if a dealer has a custom order from a verified customer, a lack of allocation shouldnā€™t prohibit the customer from getting their vehicle. Hopefully Ford changes that but I doubt it

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I don't mean to brag or anything, but mine has been "in transit" longer than the order track's documented longest wait. šŸ˜Ž (I know he bases these stats on several factors so I'm not sure if that's the ACTUAL longest wait, but this is still stupid).

Screenshot_20220924-184829~2.png
Thatā€™s not even close to how long my GT has taken, it left Flatrock on 13th May and did not arrive at Newark till 19th Sept, itā€™s now waiting on a ship, supposed to arrive at the end of October šŸ˜‚

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
A lot of really feel for you. The New World Order!
Thatā€™s not even close to how long my GT has taken, it left Flatrock on 13th May and did not arrive at Newark till 19th Sept, itā€™s now waiting on a ship, supposed to arrive at the end of October šŸ˜‚

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GBM HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Oof! Godspeed. I wonder if the international deliveries are a bit more scheduled and predictable on their end - based on when what ships are going to be in port and whatnot.
All feels a bit haphazard at this point, though, does it not?
Sponsored