22 S550 Tracking Thread

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Yeah.. I share the same pain as everyone here, lol. Ordered over 10 weeks ago now and still don't have a production date. Unfortunately doesn't seem to be to out of the ordinary though. Hopeful to make September schedueling lol
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
F554F88A-2093-43D5-AE93-A882FCF4A110.jpeg

I too got the ridiculous “45 day“ email the Friday before the 4th weekend. Was so excited to see Ford Motor Co pop up in my inbox, only to be completely cucked when I opened.

Anyways, dealer sent this over yesterday from their order viewing system. I’m the priority 2 now… started as a priority 10. In the past I’ve said this meant nothing, but I think once you’re below 10 it may actually matter? Absolutely praying this means I’ll get picked up for September at the end of this month. This process has been miserable to say the least.
When I went priority 2 I was scheduled on the next period. So good luck!

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
I ordered mine back in November 2021. I got my build date beginning of June. (July 26th). Patience is key here lol
Jeff you are a more patient man than I and I applaud you for it. But waiting seven months for a build date is not really an option any more. That would eliminate the ability for them to deliver a 2022 which would cancel my order without surrendering my deposit and allow me to pick a larger dealerhip that was actually competant.

I would love to know if is it the situation (supply chain), system (allocation/priority), or the players (dealer/ sales person/manager/regional management) that was/is/will be causing the delays for my build? I honestly don't know, but I would love to. for context, my last special order from Ford took over a year from ordering at an AAFES trailer/office in Korea to delivery in Las Vegas, but even in the pre-internet days I knew exactly where I was in the process and what was causing the delays (hail/different MY options) . Now, not so much...

Jeff, if you don't mind answering two questions I would appreciate it...

1. Back when you ordered was anyone getting quick build dates? I have (and God bless the lucky bastards) seen 3 days from order to build date since I have been on here. Do you remember anything like that happening back in 21?

2. How big is the dealer you ordered from? Do they have a lot of new inventory or is their lot mostly used cars and weeds? I think my issue is that I went with a tiny dealership, but since they cannot seem to answer a simple email I am not sure.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jeff22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Jeff you are a more patient man than I and I applaud you for it. But waiting seven months for a build date is not really an option any more. That would eliminate the ability for them to deliver a 2022 which would cancel my order without surrendering my deposit and allow me to pick a larger dealerhip that was actually competant.

I would love to know if is it the situation (supply chain), system (allocation/priority), or the players (dealer/ sales person/manager/regional management) that was/is/will be causing the delays? I honestly don't know, but I would love to.

1. Back when you ordered was anyone getting quick build dates? I have (and God bless the lucky bastards) seen 3 days from order to build date since I have been on here. Do you remember anything like that happening back in 21?

2. How big is the dealer you ordered from? Do they have a lot of new inventory or is their lot mostly used cars and weeds? I think my issue is that I went with a tiny dealership, but since they cannot seem to answer a simple email I am not sure.
So ya I’m from Ontario Canada….which that alone made delays happen even more. When I ordered it in November the initial wait time was around 4 months. Once the truck convoy happen with the border in February everything went to shit! Which cause mass delays for any orders.

the dealer I did use is a small one my buddy is a salesman there and he’s been great keeping me update to what’s been going on. from when I ordered my car they have a total of 6 mustangs come in out of the 16 orders that they have gotten and there not even sure if they can fill all those orders. You are right when it comes to Small dealerships compared to big ones absolutely more allocations going to the bigger dealers. Any order they have gotten has been a minimum of 4 months.

I basically said to him if I didn’t get a build date by June I was out! But got one beginning of June.

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

I would love to know if is it the situation (supply chain), system (allocation/priority), or the players (dealer/ sales person/manager/regional management) that was/is/will be causing the delays? I honestly don't know, but I would love to. for context, my last special order from Ford took over a year from ordering at an AAFES trailer/office in Korea to delivery in Las Vegas, but even in the pre-internet days I knew exactly where I was in the process and what was causing the delays (hail/different MY options) . Now, not so much...

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
The dealer I ordered through (the day before you) currently has 110 vehicles on their lot. I just did a quick check of a few other dealers around me and that's about average. I'm in Metro Detroit, so there's a lot of dealers. The only one I checked that wasn't like that had 1023 vehicles in stock, and of all those, only 5 are mustangs.

Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
The dealer I ordered through (the day before you) currently has 110 vehicles on their lot. I just did a quick check of a few other dealers around me and that's about average. I'm in Metro Detroit, so there's a lot of dealers. The only one I checked that wasn't like that had 1023 vehicles in stock, and of all those, only 5 are mustangs.
LOL... I just checked and as of 12:50 CST my dealership has 15 new vehicles listed as "in inventory". 3 of those are 2021s and 5 more are either so new that they don't have pictures yet or are on a truck in route... Knowing what I know now, there is zero chance that I would use them (allocation issues) even ignoring their piss poor communication ability.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My dealership is part of a larger group that owns 3 dealerships with 289 new vehicles on those lots. Of those, 11 are Mustangs including a custom ordered GT500. I was assured when I placed my order they still had Mustang allocations and mine would get built. It is frustrating to see guys order mid June that got build dates already but it is what it is. I’ve been tempted to buy something off the lot but how I’ve mine built is exactly how I want it so I’m willing to wait. At least for now…

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Allocation is a thing and I believe that it is working against me. If it wasn't for the $500 deposit I would lose, I probably would have cancelled and gone with one of the dealership sponsors on this board for my order as they seem to be getting things rolling much quicker.
Might wanna check on the deposit pretty sure my dealer told me it was refundable

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
A friend of mine in Europe ordered a EU-Mustang back in December 21.
According to the dealer system the order was accepted by Ford Mid January 22 and the build was scheduled for the first week of April 22.

Now 3 months later, the build date still hasn't changed and there is no VIN available.
The dealer is not much of a help either.

Anyone had the same? I have a slight feeling that this car will never be build.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
According to the dealer system the order was accepted by Ford Mid January 22 and the build was scheduled for the first week of April 22.

Now 3 months later, the build date still hasn't changed and there is no VIN available.

Had this happen with my Mach 1, the 1st date is a estimated date and will never change until the mustang goes into serialisation then it will be allocated a vin and a build date

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)

I want to share my experience with ordering an EU S550.
  1. First I rented a Mustang from the only dealer that had one in Milano, it's a big group that have different dealers and also a GT500 and a couple of convertibles in their main showroom.
    Initially I decided not to order from them because the rental was abused and the girls in the administration department were all having their period that day so they really pissed me off. Felt in love with the car anyway.
  2. So I went to a much smaller dealer who told me that the Mustang was not anymore imported in Europe. This obviously isn't the case but probably they just don't want to handle this car and they preferred to act in this rather unprofessional way.
  3. I went back to the original group, but in a different dealer. Found them much more friendly and communicative and as a group they have different S550s on order.
My VIN was allocated a little more than a month later after my order was confirmed, which happened couple of weeks later.

Here my full timeline:
Ordered 04/16
First production date of 06/29 (I think before serialization)
Now delayed to 08/01 (Now that I have a VIN)

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
Had this happen with my Mach 1, the 1st date is a estimated date and will never change until the mustang goes into serialisation then it will be allocated a vin and a build date
Have your got the car in the end?

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
At 17 weeks and no build date… don’t know how much more of this I can take
FFS... Just like I asked the others, can you tell me if you ordered from a big dealership or a smaller one?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT