22 S550 Tracking Thread

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I ordered my Ecoboost. vert 2/28. I’m hoping both of ours get scheduled and built in 2nd half of July and delivered by end of August! 🤞🤞🤞
I ordered a 2nd vert around then... wonder if it will be delivered by August. A couple weeks ago showed zero progress LOL.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I haven't worked at a ford dealer-been in powersports for over 30 years now.

Allocations loosely follow the dealer's sales. IOW, if a big dealer sells a bunch of cars, they are more likely to get a better possibly quicker allocation

--or that's the way it used to work--

now, at our lil place, the manufacturer's allocations are based on 2019 sales because of covid. With that said, we sold 594 units total in 2019, 643 in 2020, 650 in 2021 and on track to do this again possibly a few more, in 2022, assuming we can get machines to sell. But we still have 2019's sales being used as allocation allowance. Obviously I don't really agree with this practice but as a dealer, there is honestly nothing more that we can do. We're trying to grow and will be, but if they can't get us any equipment to deliver to customers, we can't really grow the business.

There is more that plays into it as well. Sales, Parts, and Service technician training status plays into it as well. At our place both of our techs are gold service certified and that helps tremendously in more ways than allocation. One of the two parts guys is gold cert, the other is not-I'm thinking he's probably on his way out. One of the two salespeople is gold, the other is a sales trainee-with less than one year of tenure. All of this plays in.

The Locale plays in. The town we have our dealer in, small town of under 100,000. If we were in LA or NYC or something, our allocation numbers would be obviously higher based on the percentage of population vs dealer size and number of dealers in an area. They try to limit how many dealers in an area though, which is supposed to help every dealer have a chance. Ford wouldn't want to allocate 500 Ecoboost Mustangs to a dealer that serves a town of 900 people. My boss is part owner of one of those kinds of dealers which is why I chose to preorder mine locally rather than their dealer. I'll get it quicker and for same money.

The sales numbers and types also play in. Out here, trucks rule. There are few cars on the road. I would venture to guess that there are 3 trucks to every car, probably more. So manufacturers assign priority to pickup trucks over Mustangs based on past sales.
A good forecaster will use unconstrained demand, not sales to forecast optimized allocations. The trick is to avoid garbage data like cancelled orders or anything else that can inflate demand per dealer in a way that won’t translate to sales.
No idea what Ford does, just projecting my experience.

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
Start of another week, another build date check in. See signature

Sponsored

senor-jd069

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2004 Ford Ranger
This whole thing is extremely frustrating. I ordered on 12/15/21 and just recently got a build date of 5/16 then 5/23 and now 6/3.

I did order mine pretty loaded with options but still crazy to see people getting their cars or sooner build dates that were ordered a while after I did. At this point, I won't get it until July probably

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Start of another week, another build date check in. See signature
Very similar build, but grabber blue. Was just told 6/4.

My schedule was week of 5/9, week of 5/16, week of 5/23, then week of 5/30. Ordered 1/24.

PP and Magneride seem to be causes of delays.

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
Very similar build, but grabber blue. Was just told 6/4.

My schedule was week of 5/9, week of 5/16, week of 5/23, then week of 5/30. Ordered 1/24.

PP and Magneride seem to be causes of delays.
I'm guessing it's the magneride. It uses a whole separate chipset/cpu and/or the 401A package with the digital dash. Would be surprised if pp which is just suspension goodies was the factor

BlueOdessa22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club
I have a Atlas Blue Fastback Premium manual, with PP,Magneride, active exhaust and B&O.
Ordered on 2/12, initial build date was 5/2, pushed back twice to 5/9 and 5/16. Moved to “In Production” status the week of 5/12. Window sticker with a 5/18 blend date issued couple of days later. Hoping to get a shipping ETA by the end of this week.

Ssjvegeta003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus ST3
I have a Atlas Blue Fastback Premium manual, with PP,Magneride, active exhaust and B&O.
Ordered on 2/12, initial build date was 5/2, pushed back twice to 5/9 and 5/16. Moved to “In Production” status the week of 5/12. Window sticker with a 5/18 blend date issued couple of days later. Hoping to get a shipping ETA by the end of this week.
Any chance you know roughly from the build date to viewing the window sticker? The general consensus is 2~3 weeks (more like 2) that you are able to view sticker.

Sponsored

Evilmidget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT Premium 5 spd Manual
Any chance you know roughly from the build date to viewing the window sticker? The general consensus is 2~3 weeks (more like 2) that you are able to view sticker.
I generally check the tracking only during my work days during downtime. I last checked it on Tues 5/10 and didn't see a window sticker and still showed order. Came into work Saturday 5/14 and status was updated to in production as of 5/11 and I finally had window sticker access. Build date is 5/18

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
My build week is next week and I still can't see it.

BlueOdessa22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 2016 Mazda MX-5 Club
Build date was the 16th of May. Changed to “In Production” on 5/10. Window sticker available on 5/11.

Initial production estimate was sent on 4/25 with a 5/2 build date.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It used to be 7-10 days but it seems to have shortened down to 4-5 days as mine window sticker was available 4 days before build

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
It used to be 7-10 days but it seems to have shortened down to 4-5 days as mine window sticker was available 4 days before build
how long did it take to build and ship? Like a week or so?
Sponsored