22 S550 Tracking Thread

BGTCLE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green 6MT
I ordered from Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania which isn’t local, but they’re a large volume dealer IIRC.

The process is super frustrating. I still really want the car, but part of me is tempted to wait and see what next generation looks like and part of me wants to jump ship to a different v8 coupe of some kind…
I sort of felt the same way, the s650 is just around the corner, but I love the 550 and wanted to replace the 19 GT I sold. I also could see buying an M2C, or a Supra now that they're manual. But in the end I know I'm my heart I really want a mustang before they're gone.

But this crummy process from Ford, after the Bronco fiasco, I'm tempted to just pony up for a used GT350. The Mach 1 is great but that voodoo.....
Sponsored

perfect_storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I have not received anything aside from the initial order confirmation. Went through chat today and they gave me May 2 week for production. No VIN or official email from Ford. Ordered 2/1/22. Literally last week through chat was still unscheduled clean.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I have not received anything aside from the initial order confirmation. Went through chat today and they gave me May 2 week for production. No VIN or official email from Ford. Ordered 2/1/22. Literally last week through chat was still unscheduled clean.
What exactly did you order?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
there are no commodity holds
There is still a chance on Friday, as they often run past Thursdays, into Fridays when scheduling. They were supposed to be scheduling for the first 3 weeks in May today, and I haven't heard anyone say they had May 16 for their build week.

Tomorrow we will also find out if they will be doing any scheduling next week, and for what weeks.
Can you remind me when the next round of scheduling takes place after this one?

April for when….there was a chart around here a couple days ago I think. Maybe that wasnt you who posted it.

Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
With all these delays, might be the last Ford I order or buy. Ordered a Mach 1 on 11/01, no VIN no build date. Have a 2018 F-150, new models are 8 months out and/or delayed further. 2017 Lincoln MKZ, no more sedans from Ford. Ordered the wife a 2022 GT Premium convertible on 10/12, no VIN no build date, bought her a 2021 that had some, but not all, the options she wanted. If this is Ford's new buying experience, thanks but no thanks, going elsewhere next time. I'm done!

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Where is this chat people speak of? Ordered mine 2/23, no email yet. GB GT vert, 401A, PP, B&O.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
there are no commodity holds

Can you remind me when the next round of scheduling takes place after this one?

April for when….there was a chart around here a couple days ago I think. Maybe that wasnt you who posted it.
They will post what's getting scheduled next Thursday/Friday tomorrow. I will post it here when it comes out. They could still be scheduling for the first 3 weeks of May on Friday, as I haven't seen anyone post a build date, week of May 16. They run into Fridays from time to time, as I'm told. I can hardly wait too.

Luckygrl11702

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jennie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado Z72
I ordered 10/18 MP, GT manual, active exhaust, B&O and I got the “sorry for delay” email last week … still waiting for production date… glad to see some people r getting scheduled but it’s super annoying that I’m still waiting. Wish we had more info on what the hold up is …

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I emailed them earlier and they basically told me no one in the forums knows much and that scheduling happens all week, not just Thursdays. I told them a lot of people got build dates today and that was their response.
I got it from an insider that they mostly schedule on Thursdays and sometimes spilling into Fridays, and like you said. lots of people got notice yesterday, not earlier in the week. They could be scheduling all week, but they don't seem to send out or release the info until Thursdays.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Yah the scheduling process takes all week, but the part we care about isn’t until Thursday. For example your priority code might change early in the week.

cool592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (Order)
Ordered 12/27 still unscheduled for a 201A ecoboost vert

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
Ordered my car (gt 301a balck accent package and active exhaust) on 12/17/21. Cqr was built on 2/14/22. Car was released on 2/27/22. Delivery date is today. Just got this text from my dealer saying the deliverly date has changed to MAY 11th!?! So the car is gonna sit in flat rock for 2-3 months before it can be delivered? Freaking ridiculous Ford. This is so incredibly frustrating.

Screenshot_20220325-094723_Messages.jpg
Sponsored