22 S550 Tracking Thread

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My fob doesn’t even have the remote start option anymore. It only has lock, unlock, trunk, and alarm. No fifth button. I’m super confused now haha
Well that’s interesting!
Sponsored

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Well that’s interesting!
Definitely. My dealer told me it’s standard now? There was another customer buying a car at the same time as me - it wasn’t a mustang but a different ford - and he was aggravated about the same thing. No idea why they’d take away our remote start from the key fob but then be willing to give us a remote rev for the s650 😭

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Definitely. My dealer told me it’s standard now? There was another customer buying a car at the same time as me - it wasn’t a mustang but a different ford - and he was aggravated about the same thing. No idea why they’d take away our remote start from the key fob but then be willing to give us a remote rev for the s650 😭
LOL

That is quite strange though since mine is also a 2022 and has the remote start on the fob. Wonder if others are also missing it? Sounds like 2023’s are starting to get shipped out too so I wonder if those are missing it also

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
So it has been about a month since I took delivery of my new mustang. Can’t believe how much free time I have now, since I don’t have to obsessively check the tracker several times a day or endlessly scroll through this forum 😂 Just wanted to follow up with some things I’ve noticed with my new 2022 mustang compared to my old 2020. Remote start with a key fob is no longer a thing. You can only start it remotely with the FordPass app. This was a huge disappointment because it takes significantly longer to start the car with the app, while the key fob used to start the car instantly. The 2022 MY has the shark fin antennae on the top (2020 did not). Not crazy about how it looks but I guess there wasn’t an option to avoid it? The new safety features that are now standard are nice (blind spot monitoring, and it tells me to get some rest if I start driving crazy lol)… annnnnd lastly… the 2022 doesn’t have paddle shifters anymore. What do you guys think about these changes?
LOL

That is quite strange though since mine is also a 2022 and has the remote start on the fob. Wonder if others are also missing it? Sounds like 2023’s are starting to get shipped out too so I wonder if those are missing it also
So true about having extra time now that I am not obsessively checking the various tracking tools and emails ...as well as this thread 🤣 Hope you're enjoying yours. Mine is already tucked in for its winter slumber/hibernation.

I believe the issue with one of you having the remote function on the fob and the other does not, is due to it being an Ecoboost vs. GT. Ford still has the 2022 build info on their site (screen shot) and this also explains the absence of the paddle shifter.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 6.23.38 AM.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So true about having extra time now that I am not obsessively checking the various tracking tools and emails ...as well as this thread 🤣 Hope you're enjoying yours. Mine is already tucked in for its winter slumber/hibernation.

I believe the issue with one of you having the remote function on the fob and the other does not, is due to it being an Ecoboost vs. GT. Ford still has the 2022 build info on their site (screen shot) and this also explains the absence of the paddle shifter.
Good catch, that sucks for the EB folks

Sponsored

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Good catch, that sucks for the EB folks
This actually in

This actually infuriates me because when I sat down with my dealer to order my new vehicle, I told him I want the EXACT same configuration and features as my last one. I wonder if remote start and paddle shifters would’ve still been available as an add-on feature, or if the option was just completely eliminated. If I could’ve had the option to have it and wasn’t informed of that by the dealer, I’ll be very disappointed

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
My EB Convertible A10 built end of July has the Remote Start using Fob and has paddle shifters.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
This actually in

This actually infuriates me because when I sat down with my dealer to order my new vehicle, I told him I want the EXACT same configuration and features as my last one. I wonder if remote start and paddle shifters would’ve still been available as an add-on feature, or if the option was just completely eliminated. If I could’ve had the option to have it and wasn’t informed of that by the dealer, I’ll be very disappointed
Download the MY22 order guide at this link and see for yourself what was and wasn’t available https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/601-2022-mustang-order-guide/

MPurpleVert22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Eco Prem Vert, Mischievous Purple
My 2022 EB Premium Convertible with 201A has the paddle shifters and remote start. I still have the build page up in one of my many tabs and looks like the remote start and paddle shifters come with the A10 on the Premium trim level.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Even though I have my car now, I still feel compelled to follow this thread! I was so mad when waiting for a build date and resented driving my husband's F150 every day. Now that my beautiful car is in the driveway and covered with a bit of snow right now, I don't mind the truck! Having it keeps my car off the salty roads. What a difference a choice makes as opposed to waiting and having to drive the truck! Although my 22/23 order never came, I could not be more thrilled with my 2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium Vert. I love that car!!!

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
My window sticker says paddle shifters. Haven't got the car yet so not sure about the FOB.

1672032679356.png

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
Question for convertible owners....Is there a special car cover that accommodates the antenna? Mine came with a cover but I don't see any specific spot for the antenna. I'm thinking I'd just use the standard Ford cover that I have? I know this isn't an ordering / tracking question, but since I'm hanging out, thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Haha I still feel the need to check this thread on occasion too. I haven't received a 45 day part delay email in quite some time.. Not sure if my original May 2nd order ever got built/turned into a 2023. I've checked the dealers website a few times I don't think it has. Glad I was able to find the spec I wanted and traveled out of state to get it.. even if it did cost a bit extra, glad to have it! Haha. Locked away for the winter currently though, got an exhaust to put on in the spring, it's definitely been fun!

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
The antenna just screws onto the mount and can easily be removed when installing the cover.
Question for convertible owners....Is there a special car cover that accommodates the antenna? Mine came with a cover but I don't see any specific spot for the antenna. I'm thinking I'd just use the standard Ford cover that I have? I know this isn't an ordering / tracking question, but since I'm hanging out, thought I'd ask. Thanks!

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
The antenna just screws onto the mount and can easily be removed when installing the cover.
Thank you! I was afraid to try that! Thought I'd break something!
Sponsored