Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
Here are the latest news. It looks like they made a new order and its already scheduled to day 12/6/22.

The Ford director kept his word I guess:
2022-10-31 16_48_13-Window.png
Looks like I really have no luck:
Alltough the order has priority code 01 and an estimated build date of december 6th, there is still no VIN available. And it get's even worse: they messed up the new order and forgot the rear spoiler and the MagneRide suspension.
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Looks like I really have no luck:
Alltough the order has priority code 01 and an estimated build date of december 6th, there is still no VIN available. And it get's even worse: they messed up the new order and forgot the rear spoiler and the MagneRide suspension.
Wow that sucks. Can anything be done? Have you been in contact with your dealer etc about the VIN and the incorrect order? Maybe it hasn't been officially scheduled yet so those changes are still possible?

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
According to the dealer it has been scheduled to date 12/6 but he still can't provide a VIN.
At the same time he claims that no more changes can be made.

I think that date is yet again just the standard pre-segmentation date since I don't believe that there is no VIN yet if it was planned for production next week.

So for now it looks like the bullshit-show I've seen for the past 11 months continues.
Anyway I told him that if I don't have my Mustang by March 23, I will cancel the order and any penalty he can shove up his rear. In fact I might even sue them for financial damage compensation šŸ˜”

Last edited:

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
According to the dealer it has been scheduled to date 12/6 but he still can't provide a VIN.
At the same time he claims that no more changes can be made.

I think that date is yet again just the standard pre-segmentation date since I don't believe that there is no VIN yet if it was planned for production next week.

So for now it looks like the bullshit-show I've seen for the past 11 months continues.
Anyway I told him that if I don't have my Mustang by March 23, I will cancel the order and any penalty he can shove up his rear. In fact I might even sue them for financial damage compensation šŸ˜”
Sorry to hear that drama you've had to go through. It shouldn't be this difficult.

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
The only consolation is that I can bug the Ford director personally.
He and his team want to take a close look at it on Monday.

But the dealer is still no good with his standard statements.
Anyway, I am curious to see if I can negotiate another compensation.
Maybe a nice set of winter tires :D

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Got my official email from Ford yesterday confirming my car is on a ship. Looking at delivery in about 5 weeks from now.

1670473329461.png

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Great news!! And were you able to confirm that the build has everything you wanted?

Add: May have confused you with shifti550. I just saw his post on his delay.
Got my official email from Ford yesterday confirming my car is on a ship. Looking at delivery in about 5 weeks from now.

1670473329461.png

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Great news!! And were you able to confirm that the build has everything you wanted?

Add: May have confused you with shifti550. I just saw his post on his delay.
Yeah nah I think you are thinking of shifti550 for sure.
Mine is definitely coming as ordered. We donā€™t get a lot of options in Australia. Itā€™s either GT or Ecoboost. Then the only real options are Recaro seats and Magnaride. Everything else is just what we are told comes with the car, other than stripes and spoilers.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Youā€™ll love it! And Rapid Red is beautiful!
Yeah nah I think you are thinking of shifti550 for sure.
Mine is definitely coming as ordered. We donā€™t get a lot of options in Australia. Itā€™s either GT or Ecoboost. Then the only real options are Recaro seats and Magnaride. Everything else is just what we are told comes with the car, other than stripes and spoilers.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Youā€™ll love it! And Rapid Red is beautiful!
Thank you. Iā€™ve always second guessed my colour choice but canā€™t wait to see it in person. I followed your posts leading to delivery and the pictures youā€™ve posted since. The car looks amazing.
Another option I forget is we can also choose fastback or convertible.

Sponsored

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
Congrats! Nice to spend the holidays knowing your special order arriving shortly.. Cheers!

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Nice to spend the holidays knowing your special order arriving shortly.. Cheers!
I will actually be away on holiday too when it's due to arrive. Haha. Passed the final hurdle today and sorted out the finance and trade in. All systems go now. Nothing left to do but wait.

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
So it has been about a month since I took delivery of my new mustang. Canā€™t believe how much free time I have now, since I donā€™t have to obsessively check the tracker several times a day or endlessly scroll through this forum šŸ˜‚ Just wanted to follow up with some things Iā€™ve noticed with my new 2022 mustang compared to my old 2020. Remote start with a key fob is no longer a thing. You can only start it remotely with the FordPass app. This was a huge disappointment because it takes significantly longer to start the car with the app, while the key fob used to start the car instantly. The 2022 MY has the shark fin antennae on the top (2020 did not). Not crazy about how it looks but I guess there wasnā€™t an option to avoid it? The new safety features that are now standard are nice (blind spot monitoring, and it tells me to get some rest if I start driving crazy lol)ā€¦ annnnnd lastlyā€¦ the 2022 doesnā€™t have paddle shifters anymore. What do you guys think about these changes?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So it has been about a month since I took delivery of my new mustang. Canā€™t believe how much free time I have now, since I donā€™t have to obsessively check the tracker several times a day or endlessly scroll through this forum šŸ˜‚ Just wanted to follow up with some things Iā€™ve noticed with my new 2022 mustang compared to my old 2020. Remote start with a key fob is no longer a thing. You can only start it remotely with the FordPass app. This was a huge disappointment because it takes significantly longer to start the car with the app, while the key fob used to start the car instantly. The 2022 MY has the shark fin antennae on the top (2020 did not). Not crazy about how it looks but I guess there wasnā€™t an option to avoid it? The new safety features that are now standard are nice (blind spot monitoring, and it tells me to get some rest if I start driving crazy lol)ā€¦ annnnnd lastlyā€¦ the 2022 doesnā€™t have paddle shifters anymore. What do you guys think about these changes?
My remote start on my fob works. I use the app more frequently with it being cold out but the fob works too

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
My remote start on my fob works. I use the app more frequently with it being cold out but the fob works too
My fob doesnā€™t even have the remote start option anymore. It only has lock, unlock, trunk, and alarm. No fifth button. Iā€™m super confused now, hearing that you somehow have it but I donā€™t!? haha
Sponsored