'22 Model Year information

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Yes I did order the Performance Package. Also added the Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Magneride Damping System, and B&O sound system. Figured I would add all the options to the final model year of Mustang with a V-8 engine. Thinking in the long run the car with be somewhat of a collector car being the last of the big engine.
It sounds like the 5.0L is staying for at least a couple more years, but 2022 is supposed to be the last S550, for better or worse.
Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
It sounds like the 5.0L is staying for at least a couple more years, but 2022 is supposed to be the last S550, for better or worse.
Yes but what @Blueflame1958 is ordering would make it a rare one year off S550: convertible with performance package and California special package and magnaride. It would be even rarer if it has the manual transmission and one of the new one year only colors (any of those can be ordered with the cs package?)

Blueflame1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS Convertible, Atlas Blue
I went with the Atlas Blue and the 10 Speed Automatic. I had thought about the manual transmission but decided against it from the standpoint of this convertible will be more of a vehicle to cruise around in. My current sports car, which I have owned since 2005, has a 5 speed Tremec tko 600 manual transmission. Over the years I have spent many of days doing burn outs and all out spirited drives in it. Its a Kirkham Motorsports Cobra with a 427 aluminum Shelby block cubed out to 482 cu in pushing 589 HP at 614 FT LB torque. I'm looking for a change of pace which is why I opted. for the automatic.

Kirkham_Cobra_-_Polished_Body.jpg

Docstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT conv, 2018 Lincoln Navigator
Also ordered 22 GT converible California Special. with Performance Package. I'm partial to old school wheels and liked Bullitt style wheels. No magneride but did get auto, active exhaust, B& O, and 401A. Shadow Black. ordered 11/15, build week jan 10.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Also ordered 22 GT converible California Special. with Performance Package. I'm partial to old school wheels and liked Bullitt style wheels. No magneride but did get auto, active exhaust, B& O, and 401A. Shadow Black. ordered 11/15, build week jan 10.
Congrats on you order. I love my 19ā€˜ CS but Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t jealous about the 22ā€™s getting the PP. What color did you order?

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Ordered a GT California Special convertible on 12/7/21 and received an email today stating its going into production the week of February 7th. :)
Congrats, that gives me hope that I could get my new baby early šŸ˜€

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I ordered a 22 Eruption Green GT on 11/15. i got the email acknowledgment from Ford. Not expecting production until mid-feb. Iā€™m thinking early April for delivery.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I ordered a 22 Eruption Green GT on 11/15. i got the email acknowledgment from Ford. Not expecting production until mid-feb. Iā€™m thinking early April for delivery.
Is there a delay on Eruption Green orders?

Docstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT conv, 2018 Lincoln Navigator
Congrats on you order. I love my 19ā€˜ CS but Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t jealous about the 22ā€™s getting the PP. What color did you order?
shadow black

Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Is there a delay on Eruption Green orders?
No, I don't believe a delay, but I highly doubt my car will go into production on the very first day when that color becomes available on the 7th. May be a few days or a week, and possibly pushes production into mid-Feb.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Donā€™t know if thereā€™s further delays as RHD are not due to be made in Purple or Green till the end of Q1, which means itā€™s impossible to have a U.K. manual in these colours, so they have cancelled my order

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes I did order the Performance Package. Also added the Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Magneride Damping System, and B&O sound system. Figured I would add all the options to the final model year of Mustang with a V-8 engine. Thinking in the long run the car will be somewhat of a collector car being the last of the big engine.
My take is the 2021 Mustang GT will end up being more valuable in the future due to the higher horsepower. Same thing happened in 1971 & 72 when Chevrolet dropped the horsepower and engine selections in the Chevelle. The public went back to 1970 Chevelle with the higher horsepower engines and deemed it the most desirable.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My take is the 2021 Mustang GT will end up being more valuable in the future due to the higher horsepower. Same thing happened in 1971 & 72 when Chevrolet dropped the horsepower and engine selections in the Chevelle. The public went back to 1970 Chevelle with the higher horsepower engines and deemed it the most desirable.
I highly doubt that any knowledgeable car person will pay more for 10 crank HP. Actually as the last model year of a 8 year run the 22ā€™ might be more desirable.

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
We will not know the answer to that situation for years to come. I never buy my vehicles for the next owner. Granted, higher resale is great. In the end Iā€™d rather own a 2021 than a 2022.
Sponsored