Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The information came from a dealer system. Order Guides will likely be out in October like last year, as the '21s are being built until the end of December.

1. 2022MY Job 1 is January 3, 2022
  2. 2021MY ordering ends October 1, 2021.
  3. 2022MY Ordering opens October 11, 2021
  4. 2021MY Production ends on December 23, 202
Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
I wonder what is the difference between Twisted Orange and Cyber Orange metallic

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
please please please Ford let the Mach 1 get Eruption Green!
I stopped by the Ford Performance truck at Mustang Week yesterday to ask about 22ā€™ Mach 1 colors. Specifically about Grabber Blue Metallic, but also Eruption Green. All I got was a bunch of shaking heads. Either they didnā€™t know or they werenā€™t talking.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT/CS Mustang, 1969 Mustang
I'd love to see an actual pic of an Eruption Green Mustang. It looks good on the Bronco but I've yet to even see any renderings of an EG Mustang.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Anyone know when the all new mustang is scheduled to be released? I am debating buying a 21 or 22, but don't want to get a car that only has 1 or 2 years left in its model cycle.
I stopped by the Ford Performance truck at Mustang Week yesterday to ask about 22ā€™ Mach 1 colors. Specifically about Grabber Blue Metallic, but also Eruption Green. All I got was a bunch of shaking heads. Either they didnā€™t know or they werenā€™t talking.
Itā€™s always super exciting to see a new Mustang. This time though, Ford is competing in a sense with its own S550 against the new Mustang and the bar has now been set higher than itā€™s ever been. So yeah, pretty excited to see what Ford Performance and Ford have in store for us. I see a more modern and refined version of Mustang coming if I had to guess, which will recycle the cars audience, generate excitement and attract new clientele.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Here it is :)

2022-mustang-colors-leaked.jpg
Aw, they got rid of Velocity Blue. I really liked that color. Curious to see what Atlas Blue looks like in the flesh.

Also not gonna lie, 'Cyber Orange' looks very much like a yellow to my eyes.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Aw, they got rid of Velocity Blue. I really liked that color. Curious to see what Atlas Blue looks like in the flesh.

Also not gonna lie, 'Cyber Orange' looks very much like a yellow to my eyes.
fords color scheming sucks. lightning blue was great, and then they ditched it for velocity. velocity is great, and now itā€™s atlas blue, which is darker than lightning blue and def not as vibrant. iā€™ve seen atlas blue in person, as the explorers have had that color since 2020ā€¦itā€™s not bad, but a little too dark. glad i got velocity for my stang, but iā€™m prepping a ā€˜22 f150 order for my work truck, and i have to settle for atlas unforuntately.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
fords color scheming sucks. lightning blue was great, and then they ditched it for velocity. velocity is great, and now itā€™s atlas blue, which is darker than lightning blue and def not as vibrant. iā€™ve seen atlas blue in person, as the explorers have had that color since 2020ā€¦itā€™s not bad, but a little too dark. glad i got velocity for my stang, but iā€™m prepping a ā€˜22 f150 order for my work truck, and i have to settle for atlas unforuntately.
Just looked up Exploders on cars.com to see Atlas Blue and it doesn't look bad, but you're right, it's not as vibrant as Velocity Blue is/was.

Sponsored

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The pics of the updated GT/CS and the new Stealth Edition are in what I think is Atlas Blue and it honestly kinda reminds me of Sonic Blue (from the early 00s). This is not a bad thing.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
The pics of the updated GT/CS and the new Stealth Edition are in what I think is Atlas Blue and it honestly kinda reminds me of Sonic Blue (from the early 00s). This is not a bad thing.
itā€™s nice but also itā€™s the lighting of the photos. an atlas blue explorer is on my road and it is a dark much less vibrant blue than lightning and velocity. i prefer lightning and velocity definitely.

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
I am ordering a silver '21 vert today knowing it will be converted to MY '22 in Oct, with three MY '21 Incentive options to select upon delivery in a few months.
Please pardon my ignorance.
Can a car be ordered now MY21, but if MY22 has options that would be preferred, can the first order be cancelled or what? Thanks.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
No more Yellow..shit.
Sponsored