Sponsored

20x11 in the front

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I was wondering the correct offset for 20x11 in the front of a normal gt? Can you use the 24mm that the gt350 uses without poke? I've searched and googled ..looked thru tons of threads ..found one that said it can work lol . Or does it need a different offset?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 has wider front fenders, but you're on the right track. Inner clearance dictates a ~25mm offset or so with 305 tires, but to tuck inside a normal GT's outside fenders you're going to need some decent camber beyond what the factory GT350 runs, and even then you're only tucking the top of the tire under the fender, you've got a lot of tire exposed to airflow (and drag) in front and behind.

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
GT350 uses an 11” front wheel in +24mm offset. This will also fit a regular S550, although it will be pushed out flush or even past flush to the fender (poke) as if it were on 1”+ spacers.

One of the most common ways to put 11” wheels in the front is a +50 offset. This offset is used because it’s a square setup and works on both front and rear, although it requires a 20-25mm spacer and extended studs up front. That’s no big deal really, and doing so yields a rotatable square setup. Now your 11” wheel in +24 would be like that +50 wheel using a 26mm wheel spacer. It’s right inline with a very common proven setup (which I run personally on two different sets of wheels).

The only difference is most of the time these setups are with 19” wheels, and you’re looking at 20”. Shouldn’t be much of an issue unless your tire height is decently larger than 27”, or you’re going with a width that will bulge past the wheel lips inside and outside.

So.....tire specs?

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm running 20x11 +30 with a 305/30 in front with 1.5 degrees of camber. No rub, and no poke. I'm also running the anderson fenders, but in all honesty, they make jack shite difference. They claim 10mm wider, and yes, they are wider at the back of the arch, but the middle and front look almost identical to stock.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 uses an 11” front wheel in +24mm offset. This will also fit a regular S550, although it will be pushed out flush or even past flush to the fender (poke) as if it were on 1”+ spacers.

One of the most common ways to put 11” wheels in the front is a +50 offset. This offset is used because it’s a square setup and works on both front and rear, although it requires a 20-25mm spacer and extended studs up front. That’s no big deal really, and doing so yields a rotatable square setup. Now your 11” wheel in +24 would be like that +50 wheel using a 26mm wheel spacer. It’s right inline with a very common proven setup (which I run personally on two different sets of wheels).

The only difference is most of the time these setups are with 19” wheels, and you’re looking at 20”. Shouldn’t be much of an issue unless your tire height is decently larger than 27”, or you’re going with a width that will bulge past the wheel lips inside and outside.

So.....tire specs?
Don't have tires or those specs yet ..but i know i want to run a 325 to 345 rear tire . Im open to front widths of a decent size. Recommendations are appreciated. Also can you give some links to pics of setups? I can't find any except yours with the spacers .

Sponsored

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't have tires or those specs yet ..but i know i want to run a 325 to 345 rear tire . Im open to front widths of a decent size. Recommendations are appreciated. Also can you give some links to pics of setups? I can't find any except yours with the spacers .
I could share with you all the photos you could stand of my personal setup, but it’s not very indicative of your setup in question. I don’t have any photos of 20x11+24.

On the 19x11” fronts, the common size is 305. I have one set of 305/30 and another in 305/35. The width of the tire matches the width of the rim VERY closely, meaning the sidewalls are basically vertical with no stretch or bulge. It works well with the tire height/diameter of a 19” but a 20” could be tall enough to make things a little tighter to the plastic wheel well liner at full lock. Trim the plastic or let the tire do it for you and all will be well :)

I would suggest sticking to the shorter aspect ratio, as in 30 instead of 35. Also, running a 285 or 295 will certainly help pull the edges of the tread in gaining clearance too.

Since you’re looking at 20’s and huge meats out back, my guess is you don’t care about square setups, maximum front grip, or ultimate track performance. I have a few tires I’d recommend but I could be more specific if you tell me what your goals are. Drag racing? Putting down supercharger power? Daily driving with that meaty look? Summer only or all season?

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in a Florida. So it's summer all year lol. Basically I'm looking for it to be a daily driver and some fun driving for now . Down the road i might put a blower on the car but ill use a set of drag radials for that .

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tire recommendations:

$292/ea Bridgestone S007A: newly released tire with some technology from the RE71R and RE11 (ultimate autocross tires) mixed with more street focused usability. Not many reviews yet but should be a solid performer. Under $300 is the cheapest of these three. Tread width of 10.8 is the narrowest.

$353/ea Continental ExtremeContact Sport: This is a proven tire with an excellent track record for performing well. I’ve experienced them under autocross conditions and liked them. Treadwear of 340 is deceiving, it grips like a much lower TW tire. 11.1” tread width. Continental’s tire warranties are some of the best available.

$428/ea Michelin Pilot Sport 4S: No compromises. The most expensive of the three but also the best. Rain performance and dry grip are both top of class for a summer tire. 11.2” tread width.

All three tires are 27.2” tall, and have a section width of 12.3”. They are all made for 11” wide wheels, and have Load ratings of 1,929 lbs. Weights are all right at 30lbs per tire, and tread depths between 9.2-10 32nds of an inch. Prices are all as of December 10th 2018 from Tire Rack’s website.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I'm running 20x11 +30 with a 305/30 in front with 1.5 degrees of camber. No rub, and no poke. I'm also running the anderson fenders, but in all honesty, they make jack shite difference. They claim 10mm wider, and yes, they are wider at the back of the arch, but the middle and front look almost identical to stock.
I still remember when we pulled this off, mind blown we did it !!

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tire recommendations:

$292/ea Bridgestone S007A: newly released tire with some technology from the RE71R and RE11 (ultimate autocross tires) mixed with more street focused usability. Not many reviews yet but should be a solid performer. Under $300 is the cheapest of these three. Tread width of 10.8 is the narrowest.

$353/ea Continental ExtremeContact Sport: This is a proven tire with an excellent track record for performing well. I’ve experienced them under autocross conditions and liked them. Treadwear of 340 is deceiving, it grips like a much lower TW tire. 11.1” tread width. Continental’s tire warranties are some of the best available.

$428/ea Michelin Pilot Sport 4S: No compromises. The most expensive of the three but also the best. Rain performance and dry grip are both top of class for a summer tire. 11.2” tread width.

All three tires are 27.2” tall, and have a section width of 12.3”. They are all made for 11” wide wheels, and have Load ratings of 1,929 lbs. Weights are all right at 30lbs per tire, and tread depths between 9.2-10 32nds of an inch. Prices are all as of December 10th 2018 from Tire Rack’s website.

That's some good info .Thanks for taking the time to gather it .

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any more info on the 11 wide 25et fitment? Does it fit ok with a narrow type tire and stock alignment settings?

Any pics of it or any place you cam direct me to find some .I Just have to confirm before laying out money to buy the wheels .

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know! I was kind of worried it wouldn't work, but hey presto, she's good. Once I've got the car cleaned up and finished a few paint touch ups she needs, i'll post up some pics!

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any more info on the 11 wide 25et fitment? Does it fit ok with a narrow type tire and stock alignment settings?

Any pics of it or any place you cam direct me to find some .I Just have to confirm before laying out money to buy the wheels .
Not sure how it will help you, if at all, but my setup is:

20x11 et30
Vredestein Ultra Vorti R 305/30 (as wide as Michelin Pilot Super Sports for reference)
KW V3 coilovers
Stock alignment at 1.5 degrees negative camber
I'm about just over an inch lower than stock
Anderson Composites GT350 style fenders. I still stand by that these don't actually make any difference where it matters, which is at the front of the fenders. I also ran this setup with the stock fenders, and it rubbed a tiny bit on very hard dips in the road, or when cornering very aggressively. I think a little bit of fender work would have remedied that.
I've currently got about 5mm between the tire and the coilover. It's tight! but it fits!

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how it will help you, if at all, but my setup is:

20x11 et30
Vredestein Ultra Vorti R 305/30 (as wide as Michelin Pilot Super Sports for reference)
KW V3 coilovers
Stock alignment at 1.5 degrees negative camber
I'm about just over an inch lower than stock
Anderson Composites GT350 style fenders. I still stand by that these don't actually make any difference where it matters, which is at the front of the fenders. I also ran this setup with the stock fenders, and it rubbed a tiny bit on very hard dips in the road, or when cornering very aggressively. I think a little bit of fender work would have remedied that.
I've currently got about 5mm between the tire and the coilover. It's tight! but it fits!
So do you think the 25et and a narrower tire would work and fit properly? It would push them outboard 5mm farther than yours i think.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think an et25 would work, but you would have to run more negative camber than me
Sponsored