2022 Mach 1 Blowing Noise at 45 MPH

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Well, barely have had the Mach 1 for a few weeks and already have to run to the forums for BS. I am hearing a blowing noise from both the passenger and driver side when the car gets up to 45 and up MPH. From having both myself and a friend listen from both seats it seems equal. We think it’s coming from behind us but aren’t 100% sure. When I put my head by the a pillar I’d swear it’s coming from there and when it’s by the b pillar I’d swear it’s from there (tho it is louder sounding from the B pillar). Any thoughts or similar wind noises? I thought it was my side window louvers but I pulled those and the sound stayed. Video below

Sponsored

Last edited:

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Try to record the sound

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Has the windshield or any glass been replaced? Panel alignment ok? Doors deck lid seals. You said you had side louvers do you have one on the back glass? Theses cars a pretty aerodynamic so any thing that alters air flow will create noise.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Along with the suggestions above:

- Check Sync, phone hookups, sound system etc. to ensure it's off or the volume is set to zero

- Open the trunk, confirm how the decklid is sealing against the unibody and that things are in-place

- Check both door and window seals that might have settled oddly or be just a bit off

- Look underneath, to ensure the belly pan and diffuser are secured

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Has the windshield or any glass been replaced? Panel alignment ok? Doors deck lid seals. You said you had side louvers do you have one on the back glass? Theses cars a pretty aerodynamic so any thing that alters air flow will create noise.
No just side window louvers. Not sure about glass being replaced either as the car is used. The driver door doesn’t have amazing alignment but we can hear it on both sides. We could be wrong but we think we head it equally from both side.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
By any chance do you have the heated or cooled seats turned on?? Because you'll hear the sound of rushing or blowing air from behind you Because that's how they work in this car.
No it’s not the seats that’s the first thing I checked.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Along with the suggestions above:

- Check Sync, phone hookups, sound system etc. to ensure it's off or the volume is set to zero

- Open the trunk, confirm how the decklid is sealing against the unibody and that things are in-place

- Check both door and window seals that might have settled oddly or be just a bit off

- Look underneath, to ensure the belly pan and diffuser are secured
yes that is the plan to look at those things. Again it makes the sound at speed so it’s not volume or anything dumb like that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No just side window louvers. Not sure about glass being replaced either as the car is used. The driver door doesn’t have amazing alignment but we can hear it on both sides. We could be wrong but we think we head it equally from both side.
Are the side lovers the vented style - any pics to show exactly which are installed? It’s probably air traveling over/through the side louvers. Only way to confirm would be to remove the side lovers - the noise will probably subside.

OP
OP
Spang550

Spang550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Are the side lovers the vented style - any pics to show exactly which are installed? It’s probably air traveling over/through the side louvers. Only way to confirm would be to remove the side lovers - the noise will probably subside.
no I pulled them off. Noise is still there