Sponsored

2022 GT500 at MSRP

Deleted member 56911

Hi just a lowly GT owner here, but I couldn't help but laugh at how unhelpful all the responders are! 🤣 If you purchased one at MSRP, just help the guy out and give him the dealer info so that maybe he can make the same purchase. Don't be like "jUsT sTaRt diALnG", if I could afford one and purchased at MSRP I'd be giving everyone the dealership info to help bring them business instead of supporting ones that ask for ADM. Pass along the info it takes 2 seconds lmao....
Most people would love to help. It’s just not that easy. It takes a lot of contacting dealers Then maybe if you get lucky.
Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Most people would love to help. It’s just not that easy. It takes a lot of contacting dealers Then maybe if you get lucky.
I worked on it for days. Hard to find the car you want with the lowest ADM
And it’s a moving target.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56911

I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Got it buy going to Ford website, clicking on inventory, and using zip codes from around the country. I must have used over 100 zip codes, and talked to well over 60 dealers. The dealer ordered cars showing are already sold. The ones the say nothing are the allowcation car. The dealers in large metro area's were the highest in price. 15K ro 30K over msrp. Smaller city dealers were the ones willing to work with me. Advise NOT to give them any deposit until they have the car there. Don't let them bs you. Ford is not sending them out in any order and mine showed up at dealer and he had not been warned. Found NO ONE willing to go msrp on a gt500. Best was 8K over. I paid 10K. California was the highest for me. On Fords website you can check the car out the dealer is getting by looking at the window sticker. I was only looking for base optioned cars. Don't need the CF wheeels. Would only curb scratch them anyway.
good luck
JIm O.
This sounds so familiar Jim. I did this for 3 or 4 months in late 2020. I did end up buying a new 2020 at MSRP but it didn’t happen until the first week of January of this year. I sent emails rather than calling. It was better for me to get everything in writing.

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
21 shelby gt500, 69 camaro SS/RS pro toring 427
This sounds so familiar Jim. I did this for 3 or 4 months in late 2020. I did end up buying a new 2020 at MSRP but it didn’t happen until the first week of January of this year. I sent emails rather than calling. It was better for me to get everything in writing.

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I missed that msrp as at the time I was looking at low mileage 20's. Over the summer everything went up. I had the car trailered without time for the dealer to put on the strut adjusters. The dealer i bought it from said my local dealer would do it for free. Nope. Not the case. Local dealer will do it, but they need a PO from purchase dealer and Ford paid them already for the prep. They got their money and are draging their feet. I can't drive the car anymore now anyway(wisconsin) Im having fun installing the stripes, JLT catch can, some inteior CF, as well as a few other things.

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

Yes, I missed that msrp as at the time I was looking at low mileage 20's. Over the summer everything went up. I had the car trailered without time for the dealer to put on the strut adjusters. The dealer i bought it from said my local dealer would do it for free. Nope. Not the case. Local dealer will do it, but they need a PO from purchase dealer and Ford paid them already for the prep. They got their money and are draging their feet. I can't drive the car anymore now anyway(wisconsin) Im having fun installing the stripes, JLT catch can, some inteior CF, as well as a few other things.
I got lucky with the timing of my purchase. It was a month or two before anyone knew about the chip shortage. Also although my car was brand new with only 4.7 miles at the time of purchase, it was a 2020 being purchased in 2021. Otherwise it would’ve been tough to avoid a markup. I’m in Minnesota so my car is already stored for the winter.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
You DREAMERS that want one of these cars at MSRP - ain’t happening unless you have pictures of the dealership owner screwing another mans wife 🤣🤣🤣

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Life is a box of chocolates, I've hit up few dealers, most will not budge off that 10k mark, I just offered 4k over msrp...nope...should of jumped on Ruby Red at 5 k over ..... at the time was dealing with 2019 ZL1 trade at the time, it's gone now (sold).. I just can't see ADM over 5k....to bad for me
its only 5 grand, people get hung up on the principal of paying ADM, no one cares. Buy the damn car and enjoy it while you can. The fun and enjoyment and personal pleasure you lose while looking for the perfect deal can never be regained, just do it.

Bobfic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1
its only 5 grand, people get hung up on the principal of paying ADM, no one cares. Buy the damn car and enjoy it while you can. The fun and enjoyment and personal pleasure you lose while looking for the perfect deal can never be regained, just do it.
Words of wisdom...Thanks

Deleted member 56911

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
You DREAMERS that want one of these cars at MSRP - ain’t happening unless you have pictures of the dealership owner screwing another mans wife 🤣🤣🤣
It can happen. But it’s very rare. And usually only with long term relationships with the dealer.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Yep, I agree. To comment on what @SnakeMaster16 said, just because a dealer sold one at MSRP, does not mean they will have an allocation to sell another one at MSRP.

I had a local dealer who had one listed at $15K ADM and I was able to get them down to $8K ADM, but that was as low as they would go. I even offered my 2018 GT350 as a trade in that they would make another $3-5K on, and they still would not budge. I passed on the deal. I checked back after the weekend and the car was sold with the ADM intact.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Load cargurus.com, set search to "nationwide" and as others said, start dialing the phone numbers from the results... good luck and when you do get one at MSRP, be sure to post up.

:)

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I got lucky with the timing of my purchase. It was a month or two before anyone knew about the chip shortage. Also although my car was brand new with only 4.7 miles at the time of purchase, it was a 2020 being purchased in 2021. Otherwise it would’ve been tough to avoid a markup. I’m in Minnesota so my car is already stored for the winter.
Love going to "Back to the 50's car show" Mpls. in june, Missed this past year. Not sure they had it or not though.
Sponsored