2021 Window / Top Issue

Kayyyy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kayla
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Mustang Convertible
I just picked up my 2021 convertible yesterday and I noticed that the latch lock for the top is EXTREMELY tight and difficult to close. Then when I got it home to close it all up, I hit the auto up for the front windows. For lack of a better term the windows were rejected (I assume this is a safety mechanism) right before going into the top seals. At first I thought it was user error, but it happened again twice today.

Anyone else experience this on a new delivery? I'll be taking it back to the dealership to get it looked at but just curious if others had issues right away.

I had window closure issues with my 2018 after about a year that required them to completely adjust the top alignment. So I know it will require maintenance down the road but day 1 seems crazy.
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Was it sitting in the show room with the top down? If so that will make it tight. Iā€™d get it wet and let the material relax and see if it helps. I canā€™t help on the windows, the ā€˜16s auto up feature was disabled.

OP
OP
Kayyyy11

Kayyyy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kayla
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Mustang Convertible
Was it sitting in the show room with the top down? If so that will make it tight. Iā€™d get it wet and let the material relax and see if it helps. I canā€™t help on the windows, the ā€˜16s auto up feature was disabled.
No, it came straight from the factory and was only at the dealership for a few hours. I have an appointment setup to get it checked out, just annoying to need to bring a brand new car in!

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Mine was a hard pull to close latch. It is loosening and getting better. I prefer that over too loose.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
I had one you had to yank to get closed. The one I own now only needs a turn, itā€™s stiff though.

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
I just picked up my 2021 convertible yesterday and I noticed that the latch lock for the top is EXTREMELY tight and difficult to close. Then when I got it home to close it all up, I hit the auto up for the front windows. For lack of a better term the windows were rejected (I assume this is a safety mechanism) right before going into the top seals. At first I thought it was user error, but it happened again twice today.

Anyone else experience this on a new delivery? I'll be taking it back to the dealership to get it looked at but just curious if others had issues right away.

I had window closure issues with my 2018 after about a year that required them to completely adjust the top alignment. So I know it will require maintenance down the road but day 1 seems crazy.
I never had this issue until I read thisā€¦then I went to the car wash and it would latch. I had to pull the top a little bit horizontally so that it lined upā€¦after that one incident it hasnā€™t happened again.
Sponsored