2021 tuning options?

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So, I've been trying to ch through threads for an answer, but I'm struggling. On my Roushcharged 2012 I used an AED tune with an SCT tuner, and it ran PERFECT. I just picked up a 2021 GT Pr/PP a few weeks ago, and I'm already thinking a tune is much needed. I have read posts talking about the nGauge not being sold anymore, and Lund won't use the SCT for tuning anymore, and something about 2021 ecus not being fully "tunable" like previous years yet.... So, what are my options? Is it going to come down to me buying the Ford Performance Power Pack with the cai/tb/tuner? Thanks guys and gals 😁
Sponsored

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'd like to know the same. Especially with wanting to go Whipple here this summer!

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
I am also "hopefully" getting my 2021 within the next week or two if this dealership comes through. So I've been doing my research and it looks like so far Lund will only do basic bolt on tunes for 2021, as far as PBD, I asked and received a response saying that they do support 2021 5.0s but I didn't dive in and ask if its just basic stuff only.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am also "hopefully" getting my 2021 within the next week or two if this dealership comes through. So I've been doing my research and it looks like so far Lund will only do basic bolt on tunes for 2021, as far as PBD, I asked and received a response saying that they do support 2021 5.0s but I didn't dive in and ask if its just basic stuff only.
Thanks for the info! I hope you get your car, man

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
Thanks for the info! I hope you get your car, man
I’m sure 2021 tuning will be fully online within the coming months. We just gotta wait longer than others. I really hope I can get this car too, finding a dam car in today’s environment is literally impossible

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
do you think ford is making any changes to make it harder to disable tuning? or its simply new options added to the ecu's and such? I dont know if ford is trying to lock down ecu's in future

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ford is going in the same direction as GM for the '21 MY. They will provide code only to specific tuners. And then, only what they perceive as safe.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You are saying 2021 mustang now requires a code? Or they will in future. Even if requires a code, little hackers can crack it prob in a days work. Got smart people out there

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Evidently not so ........... The tuners are still trying to get into the C8. Keep in mind, the primary objective is to keep hackers from making off with your car or its contents.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
When you find one for my ex wife, let me know .................. :rockon:

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Well, I ordered the roush intake and SCT today, and I contacted Shaun@aed 🎉🎉🎉... I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as it all comes in 😁

* I'm not playing the e85 game, as it seems like a pita to have to constantly worry and check its quality... Plus it's not super easy to get around where I live... So it'll be a 93 octane tune 😉

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
So, I've been trying to ch through threads for an answer, but I'm struggling. On my Roushcharged 2012 I used an AED tune with an SCT tuner, and it ran PERFECT. I just picked up a 2021 GT Pr/PP a few weeks ago, and I'm already thinking a tune is much needed. I have read posts talking about the nGauge not being sold anymore, and Lund won't use the SCT for tuning anymore, and something about 2021 ecus not being fully "tunable" like previous years yet.... So, what are my options? Is it going to come down to me buying the Ford Performance Power Pack with the cai/tb/tuner? Thanks guys and gals 😁
Your current options are to go with Lund racing or Palm Beach Dyno. Lund Racing uses the RTD and Palm Beach Dyno uses their Ucal device. We sell both of their tunes and devices here at www.lethalperformance.com. Message me or give me a call if you have any questions. 561.753.8105

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Well, I ordered the roush intake and SCT today, and I contacted Shaun@aed 🎉🎉🎉... I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as it all comes in 😁

* I'm not playing the e85 game, as it seems like a pita to have to constantly worry and check its quality... Plus it's not super easy to get around where I live... So it'll be a 93 octane tune 😉
I'm a fan of AED, Shaun is great, performance outstanding and great service. Though would've skipped the intake and just done a drop in. His flex tune is great even if you are just going to run e85 on occasion. Add long tubes and it's moving. But you'll be happy with him regardless.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Ya... Shaun did my tune on my 2012 with the roush TVS, and after trying a few of the "top name tuners", Shaun was the only one who took the time to figure out why my car was having driveability issues and once we fixed that (went to roush intake from JLT) the car ran absolutely perfect, and made awesome power. The other tuners simply stated "it's not my tune... You figure it out", and I do unsterstand that to a point, but Shaun sent me a list of things to check for. I checked for those things and they weren't my issue. So he then had me data log a few different conditions, and through those data logs we found that there was turbulence at the MAF sensor that simply couldn't be fixed. I ordered the roush intake, installed it, and within 2 revisions my car was running as good as stock, with way more power. Shaun wanted me to be happy, and went the extra mile, and that's why I will always give him my business if possible. Customer service is a huge part of where I spend my money.
Sponsored