1mach1

1mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1 Premium
Did you get this sorted out? Just did the delete on my car as well for a roll bar install and now have the light.
OK GUYS AND GALS.....

Listen up. Before you finish up the delete kit, you MUST leave the short section in the car AND CONNECTED if you see a thin 2-pin harness ( usually on 2021 and later).

Additionally, I added a set of the dummy buckle ends inserted into those short seat belt "receivers" followed by wrapping each in bubble wrap. Then I simply placed each in the the seat well next to the big rubber disc's.

I bought a full blown diagnostic computer with licensed software and was unable to delete the rear seat belts from the SEAT BELT MODULE that those belts "talk to" via the two wires.

For those Mach1 owners that have Ford's Rear Seat Delete Kit from the factory......the software must be slightly different for that module but I decided not to pursue it further.

My solution works for me.....NO SEAT BELT LIGHT and NO "REAR SEAT BELT SYSTEM ERROR" anymore!

Happy Wrenching!"

1MACH1.......out

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
OK GUYS AND GALS.....

Listen up. Before you finish up the delete kit, you MUST leave the short section in the car AND CONNECTED if you see a thin 2-pin harness ( usually on 2021 and later).

Additionally, I added a set of the dummy buckle ends inserted into those short seat belt "receivers" followed by wrapping each in bubble wrap. Then I simply placed each in the the seat well next to the big rubber disc's.

I bought a full blown diagnostic computer with licensed software and was unable to delete the rear seat belts from the SEAT BELT MODULE that those belts "talk to" via the two wires.

For those Mach1 owners that have Ford's Rear Seat Delete Kit from the factory......the software must be slightly different for that module but I decided not to pursue it further.

My solution works for me.....NO SEAT BELT LIGHT and NO "REAR SEAT BELT SYSTEM ERROR" anymore!

Happy Wrenching!"

1MACH1.......out
did you have to go to the dealer to get the light cleared?

I reinstalled the rear buckles and even put the buckles into the receiver, but the malfunction warning still comes on. The car recognizes when the buckles are removed and reinserted, but it won’t seem to clear that error.

I was planning on cutting the seatbelt webbing and only installing the receiver under the seat delete once I get this light to clear.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Did any of you try unhooking the battery for 30 minutes and see if that clears the seat belt light?
It's easy and free and just might work.

OP
OP
1mach1

1mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Did any of you try unhooking the battery for 30 minutes and see if that clears the seat belt light?
It's easy and free and just might work.
Disconnecting the battery won't work. Try my idea and drive a few blocks......

Ps ....a cheap OBD2 scanner won't work. That will only clear CHANGE OIL LIGHTS....

BUUUUT....keeping them connected and dummy buckled will. Don't cut the belts because someday you may need to reinstall.....and don't slice the trim plastic piece that the upper belts slip thru as the instructions state.
. Leave it on the belt and go to your local dealer and buy a left and right trim piece. A pair will run you less than 2 happy meals at MickyD's.

1MACH1

Sponsored

OP
OP
1mach1

1mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
did you have to go to the dealer to get the light cleared?

I reinstalled the rear buckles and even put the buckles into the receiver, but the malfunction warning still comes on. The car recognizes when the buckles are removed and reinserted, but it won’t seem to clear that error.

I was planning on cutting the seatbelt webbing and only installing the receiver under the seat delete once I get this light to clear.
Ps....I bought the same software and a laptop running EXACTLY what the dealers used and deleted the error after my "fix" but you may not need to do that after a few cycles of turning off and on the car and driving a few blocks but if it persists you might have to have a dealer reset it....or come to the Los Angeles area and I will do it for $20 bucks. (I paid 600 for a used FORD DIAGNOSTIC TOOL and then paid another 150 for licenses for both pieces of software.

[email protected] (a.k.a. 1MACH1.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ps....I bought the same software and a laptop running EXACTLY what the dealers used and deleted the error after my "fix" but you may not need to do that after a few cycles of turning off and on the car and driving a few blocks but if it persists you might have to have a dealer reset it....or come to the Los Angeles area and I will do it for $20 bucks. (I paid 600 for a used FORD DIAGNOSTIC TOOL and then paid another 150 for licenses for both pieces of software.

Thanks for the info. As I am on the right coast, seems I might need a trip to the dealer to clear the error. Will have to wait until my new seats arrive to drive it around and try that trick as the car is not drivable at the moment.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Did you reinstall the factory seats, or aftermarket seats?

I've been working on my car and I reinstalled the factory seats as a troubleshooting step and the error went away (with the rear buckles installed). Unplugging the front seats again (simulating race seats), and the error comes back up. So it appears the monitoring is done through the factory front seats. The problem is I need to install race seats (RaceTech seats).

Did you reinstall the OE seats in the front or aftermarket seats? If you reinstalled the fronts, then it makes sense why your error went away with the rear buckles installed.

I need to find a VIN for an OE rear-seat delete car so I can compare the AS-BUILT data and figure out how to code this out in Forscan.

OP
OP
1mach1

1mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Did you reinstall the factory seats, or aftermarket seats?

I've been working on my car and I reinstalled the factory seats as a troubleshooting step and the error went away (with the rear buckles installed). Unplugging the front seats again (simulating race seats), and the error comes back up. So it appears the monitoring is done through the factory front seats. The problem is I need to install race seats (RaceTech seats).

Did you reinstall the OE seats in the front or aftermarket seats? If you reinstalled the fronts, then it makes sense why your error went away with the rear buckles installed.

I need to find a VIN for an OE rear-seat delete car so I can compare the AS-BUILT data and figure out how to code this out in Forscan.
You may be on to something!!

For me....I pulled the stock leather (non electric) Recaro fronts to keep fresh them new and plugged in (both connectors on each replacement 2019 GT cloths) that gave me electric seats (no memory) and all is fine.

I was able to clear the errors with the diagnostic tool mentioned above.

Rear seatbelts....(lowers) only have the dummy buckle now plugged in and wrapped in bubblewrap and placed, not bolted them under the REAR SEAT DELETE KIT HORIZONTAL PANELS.

All is good.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You may be on to something!!

For me....I pulled the stock leather (non electric) Recaro fronts to keep fresh them new and plugged in (both connectors on each replacement 2019 GT cloths) that gave me electric seats (no memory) and all is fine.

I was able to clear the errors with the diagnostic tool mentioned above.

Rear seatbelts....(lowers) only have the dummy buckle now plugged in and wrapped in bubblewrap and placed, not bolted them under the REAR SEAT DELETE KIT HORIZONTAL PANELS.

All is good.
Yeah, so I think it's related to having "stock like" seats installed. I too tried the dummy buckle plugged in and it doesn't seem to matter if it's there or not - as long as the rear buckles are installed. Mine are also installed below the rear seat delete (sans clasps) and zip-tied in place

So I need to find a rear seat delete car (and VIN) so we can figure out the coding options. Anyone have one of those and want to help me out?

Sponsored

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Wish I had seen this thread yesterday when I did the rear seat delete. Guess I’ll go pull it apart and plug the rear buckles back in the the two wire connectors and see if the error clears eventually.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Would be nice to figure out a way with forscan or something else to turn this code off for those of us that want to install a rsd kit

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I just left the Buckles in and taped down so the don't rattle. Haven't had a issue with any light. Don't buckle anything into them or the reminder will come up thinking someone is back there.

Capture.PNG

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I plugged them back in wrapped in bubble wrap. Did not get the error again when I started it up so I guess I am good. Never drove around after the RSD delete so dunno if that is why is not getting the unclearable error others are getting?

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Now I'm happy I ordered mine with the rear seat delete from Ford
I hear u.I mess up and didn’t order it beCause I want the rear seat that nobody can fit it
Sponsored