Sponsored

2021 Mustang ordering guide - when?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Wow - $50K + for what was generally considered the "blue-collar" performance Mustang. IMO not a "bad deal" because it has a lot of good bits, but not the "bang for the buck" champ either.
Who considers this car a blue collar mustang LOL? It’s got effectively 2 seats, 2 doors, sucks down gas, is limited in production and is overall pretty pointless other than having fun.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Who considers this car a blue collar mustang LOL? It’s got effectively 2 seats, 2 doors, sucks down gas, is limited in production and is overall pretty pointless other than having fun.
For many, many years the Mustang was considered to be the "poor mans" Corvette. But blue collar doesn't actually mean poor. For a lot of folks the Mustang was an affordable fun car. White collars not required. This was also back when the average price for a car wasn't pushing $40k.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For many, many years the Mustang was considered to be the "poor mans" Corvette. But blue collar doesn't actually mean poor. For a lot of folks the Mustang was an affordable fun car. White collars not required. This was also back when the average price for a car wasn't pushing $40k.
I don’t disagree the Mustang is a blue collar car but the specialty models have not been for a long time.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Historically, in the early Boss and Shelby eras, the Mach 1 was that car. Even the previous Mach 1 occupied a place well between the GT and SVT but was still very affordable.

Now, let's talk about that $115,000 Hummer that is coming out next year!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Historically, in the early Boss and Shelby eras, the Mach 1 was that car. Even the previous Mach 1 occupied a place well between the GT and SVT but was still very affordable.

Now, let's talk about that $115,000 Hummer that is coming out next year!
I said THIS car, not a car from 50 years ago. In 2020 there are no specialty, limited production cars that are “blue collar”

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I said THIS car, not a car from 50 years ago. In 2020 there are no specialty, limited production cars that are “blue collar”
I think we need to define “blue collar”. An awful lot of BC folks make a hell of a lot more money then some WC ones. And all it takes to get a Shelby, Bullitt, or Mach 1 is $$$.

“White-collar workers are known as suit-and-tie workers who work in service industries and often avoid physical labor. The blue-collar stereotype refers to any worker who engages in hard manual labor, such as construction, mining, or maintenance.”

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I think we need to define “blue collar”. An awful lot of BC folks make a hell of a lot more money then some WC ones. And all it takes to get a Shelby, Bullitt, or Mach 1 is $$$.

“White-collar workers are known as suit-and-tie workers who work in service industries and often avoid physical labor. The blue-collar stereotype refers to any worker who engages in hard manual labor, such as construction, mining, or maintenance.”
I'll respond to you because you are a gentleman - interesting trivia: a 1970 base Mach 1 MSRP'd for $3271:

See https://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos...ce for a 1970,quickly from there with options.

That's $22191 in today's dollars.

Is there a point to this? Probably not.

2nd point: the "BC" guys who come work on my house and get paid cash do quite well, considering they probably forget to declare everything April 15.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'll respond to you because you are a gentleman - interesting trivia: a 1970 base Mach 1 MSRP'd for $3271:

See https://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2013/11/19/historic-ford-mustangs/7.html#:~:text=Base price for a 1970, quickly from there with options.

That's $22191 in today's dollars.

Is there a point to this? Probably not.

2nd point: the "BC" guys who come work on my house and get paid cash do quite well, considering they probably forget to declare everything April 15.
I think we are saying the same thing. Atlas1 said "In 2020 there are no specialty, limited production cars that are “blue collar”. My point was that anyone with the money can buy one. To your point, the guys coming to your house most likely can. I do not think the labels applies.
Sponsored