Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Hopefully you don’t have my experience on installation.

My dealer received the wheel moldings a month in advance and lost them. After asking them for over a month after delivery with them swearing to me they were never delivered, I contacted Fwrnty. Theytold me date time etc when they were delivered.

So I called my dealer back with that info, and the dude was like oh I’ve dealt with Ford performance before blah blah we don’t have them. 30 min and some humble pie later guy calls me back after having found them.

Then I have to schedule with the bodyshop. Oh it’s gonna be January. I made another call to his boss and he calls back it will be on Monday.

So yesterday I drop off my car to get the moldings which should have been installed during PDI. I come back and there are greasy fingerprints on both front fenders, an act inch of glue residue around the left molding on my fender PAINT, and giant boot prints and grime inside my riverside floor covers with multiple permanent scratches on the plastic driver door floorboard.

I was so pissed off I had to actually leave before I said or did something that would get me jailed. Anyways I took pictures

8F2320D0-4887-4C86-8D50-04BF1A1A5977.jpeg
1DBA7A08-B69B-4CCE-9AA6-563A3C49EF6A.jpeg
8B3ED7FA-52A1-40D0-9EF7-0E7BFC357729.jpeg
2352DEF8-0DC8-46DA-9346-1EB95EB92633.jpeg
What glue residue is on there???? What a piss poor job they did for you.
I didn’t realize they had adhesive, I thought it was only hardware holding them on. I’m planning to take mine off soon to clean underneath them. There are a couple tiny rocks that have managed to get wedged in between them and the fender. I’ll probably work on a solution to keep this from happening again.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I didn’t realize they had adhesive, I thought it was only hardware holding them on. I’m planning to take mine off soon to clean underneath them. There are a couple tiny rocks that have managed to get wedged in between them and the fender. I’ll probably work on a solution to keep this from happening again.
Unless you caulk it which I can't imagine how that will turn out I would leave it as is. I have the same issue on my GS corvette. And I thought I had OCD...lol.

Let us know if you have a good resolution!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Does someone have a picture of these wheel moldings out of the box somewhere before they are installed? I'm just curious how they look. 3M tape could even be an option rather than glue.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I think, the issue in many minds are the parts R&D cost have already been recooped, So no need to soak the buyers of the parts bin model buyers, yet the o.e.m's do just that.
No need for the Mach1 to be 10k or more over a Loaded gt prem.
Sure Ford is there to make money, I get that. but it be nice if the model that is left over stock numbers thrown in a box, and called "model name here) was a car that those that drive them hard could afford without having to sell their soul.
It's certainly more expensive than I was hoping for, but Ford isn't here to make friends. I would love it if they threw us a bone, but they know we're suckers, and they got my money.

... And still, all things considered, it's not a bad value right now. If it was, I wouldn't be trying to buy it (please don't cancel my order, Ford). It's just that we know they probably could have sold it for a bit less while still making a decent profit (I think).

Sponsored

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Ok, after cleaning for about 15 min, it appears it was not actually glue but something that was resistant to just a spray and wipe.

it was also something they smeared on because it was not there before installing.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Isn't that an easy install to do?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless you caulk it which I can't imagine how that will turn out I would leave it as is. I have the same issue on my GS corvette. And I thought I had OCD...lol.

Let us know if you have a good resolution!
i have OCD issues with this car and i'm not ashamed to admit it :cwl:
i'm so glad the fit and finish on my car is as good as it is, or i would be sitting in the garage staring at it, sweating, trying to figure out how to do panel alignment

Does someone have a picture of these wheel moldings out of the box somewhere before they are installed? I'm just curious how they look. 3M tape could even be an option rather than glue.
looking at a ford parts site that sells them, it states hardware is included and they are an easy install, backed by an adhesive. i bet its 3m tape to hold it in place and fasteners to keep it there long term.

Ok, after cleaning for about 15 min, it appears it was not actually glue but something that was resistant to just a spray and wipe.

it was also something they smeared on because it was not there before installing.
fuckers. at least it came off.

Isn't that an easy install to do?
should be real easy. i'll know soon when i remove them and reinstall.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The thought frightens me.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The thought frightens me.
The thought of removing them? I’ll take photos of the process and post them here when I’m done. Also going to do the rear tray underneath the car. Even in 1500 miles there’s freaking gravel in there lol. The car acts like a street sweeper and sucks up all the shit off the road and piles it up there

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The thought of removing them? I’ll take photos of the process and post them here when I’m done. Also going to do the rear tray underneath the car. Even in 1500 miles there’s freaking gravel in there lol. The car acts like a street sweeper and sucks up all the shit off the road and piles it up there
No, the thought of rocks getting trapped in them. I would not be happy. The OCD thing...LOL.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, the thought of rocks getting trapped in them. I would not be happy. The OCD thing...LOL.
Same here. I noticed it last weekend when I was doing the final detail before winter storage and it drove me nuts. I already knew about the rocks in that tray so who knows what else I’ll find when I get underneath and start cleaning. All kinds of little places for road debris to hide out.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I had those tires on my 19 GS Corvette. They cleaned the streets well. I can't imagine having them in the cold states. That is the main reason I did not get the handling pkg.
Sponsored