Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm not sure how the entire Western World prepares for a Worldwide pandemic. No ones crystal ball is that good. The current supply chain has been in use for many years without issue. It took a total disaster for this to happen. You can try to lay blame anywhere you want but unfortunately it is what it is.
I think most people would understand extended delays. What most people won't stomach however is just arbitrarily cancelling and making them either start over and/or pay more.

Everyone generally understands delays during the scamdemic era.

Imagine if Whipple just told people who'd been waiting months "sorry folks, here's your money back. You're free to sign up for next year's batch, but you'll have to start over and it's going to be at higher costs."

What a disgusting way to do business.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Everett has the same issues
a family member (contract and gov't relations lawyer for BA) says "unpossible! we have the best trained and paid workforce in the country and are held to the highest union standards of conduct. We admit to nothing." :)

I shorted the stock the other day and made a little bit of money.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think most people would understand extended delays. What most people won't stomach however is just arbitrarily cancelling and making them either start over and/or pay more.

Everyone generally understands delays during the scamdemic era.

Imagine if Whipple just told people who'd been waiting months "sorry folks, here's your money back. You're free to sign up for next year's batch, but you'll have to start over and it's going to be at higher costs."

What a disgusting way to do business.
....and you'll take the 10HP deficit and like it along with the price hike.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
....and you'll take the 10HP deficit and like it along with the price hike.
I won't be taking any of it. I've owned 3 mustangs and all of them were purchased with less than 7k miles on them (there's always someone who buys the car and then wants to eat the loss of depreciation driving it off the lot and selling it within a year).

But your point is taken:)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thing is, there is no need to cancel orders with MY21-only colors. The paint doesn't magically turn to dust sitting in the cans. So Job #1 you do a short run in the colors still outstanding, and you ship them off. And what's so hard about giving $2000 discount on the invoice for the mere handful (in comparison) who have been inconvienced even further? That is what a company that give a damn about customers who do.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm not sure how the entire Western World prepares for a Worldwide pandemic. No ones crystal ball is that good. The current supply chain has been in use for many years without issue. It took a total disaster for this to happen. You can try to lay blame anywhere you want but unfortunately it is what it is.
One of Our problems is on maternity leave… the other is the whole damn way govt works.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'd rather the company gave the customer an option. Then it takes less of the fire out of the situation.
You did not buy your car from Ford therefore they are not going to give you any options. The agreement is between the seller, Ford and the buyer, your dealer. Not really different than any other retail situation. Yes, it sucks, but that is the way manufacturing works. When a manufacturer is not able to supply product, they cancel orders and notify "their" buyers. The buyer (your dealer/middleman) then notifies their customers (endusers).

If anyone really thinks Ford is doing the purposely or with malice I would strongly suggest some courses on the manufacturing process.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
That is what a company that give a damn about customers who do.
No, unfortunately they don't Matt. I worked for a worldwide manufacturer for 24 years. Orders got cancelled all the time and while we apologized to our retailers we never gave them anything. Now if a dealer wants to take care of a customer that's up to them not the manufacturer.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now if a dealer wants to take care of a customer that's up to them not the manufacturer.
Ford cash comes from Ford, not the dealer. How would this be any different?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Almost every price increase from a manufacturer gets passed on to the end user.
No, unfortunately they don't Matt. I worked for a worldwide manufacturer for 24 years. Orders got cancelled all the time and while we apologized to our retailers we never gave them anything. Now if a dealer wants to take care of a customer that's up to them not the manufacturer.
He’s not lying. Manufacturers never lose.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Ford cash comes from Ford, not the dealer. How would this be any different?
I hear you and certainly agree it would be a nice thing for Ford to do. And honestly who knows, maybe they will do something. Same goes for the color situation. Right now we are all just making assumptions because we are pissed off at Ford for hurting our fellow forum members.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
the only part of your statement i disagree with is in bold.
the current supply chain has been in use for many years yes, but there are many issues. first, its design allows for problems like this. no we could not predict this pandemic but having a system designed with some safeguards in mind, such as not depending ENTIRELY on cheap foreign labor would have been nice. maybe if we had maintained some capability to produce chips at home we wouldn't be dealing with such severe shortages. only china and those that funded the lab knew this was coming in advance but it doesn't take a history major or biologist to know that our species has faced plagues before, and we will again. business models should be created with this knowledge in mind.
second, the current supply chain has helped offshore many American jobs so it has not been without costs......many of which have not yet been felt.